Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Yankees vs. Rays @ Tropicana Field

Yankees vs. Rays @ Tropicana Field

NEW YORK YANKEES VS. TAMPA BAY RAYS

Friday: RHP Phil Hughes (12-3, 4.04) vs. RHP Wade Davis: (8-9, 4.32) @ 7:10

Satuday: RHP Javier Vazquez (9-7, 4.54) vs. RHP Matt Garza (11-5, 4.06) @ 7:10

Sunday: LHP CC Sabathia (13-4, 3.15) vs. RHP James Shields (9-9, 4.79) @ 1:40

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Should be a great series. Going in with some momentum.

Banned
    Thats not the Rays logo.... How about you show us some respect and put up our correct logo.

Hopefully our lineup can be a bit more consistent with RISP, scored 11 runs tonight but they faced RP all night so that is expected.

If A-Rod hits his 600 this series, at least the stadium will be filled with Yankee fans.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    Should be a great series. Going in with some momentum.

Your right. Game one is huge for this series.

Battle for 1st place

Hughes home/away

Home-5.21 ERA
    Away-2.36 ERA

Why is he pitching so much better on the road?

Quote Originally Posted by DefenseWinsChampionships2 View Post
    Thats not the Rays logo.... How about you show us some respect and put up our correct logo.
    My thread, my logos.

Deal with it.

Hall Of Fame
    Seriously?

Quote Originally Posted by k.Rhodes25 View Post
    Hughes home/away

Home-5.21 ERA
    Away-2.36 ERA

Why is he pitching so much better on the road?
    15 home runs home

0 ho me runs away

That's Yankee Stadium

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

OK....I'm going to suggest ignore for any Yankee fans wishing to engage in an enjoyable series.

Who is with me?

All Pro
    Should be an intense and exciting series. I heard that all 3 games are sold out; the first time the Rays have ever done that for a regular season series.

GO YANKEES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Cool Papa B. View Post
    Should be an intense and exciting series. I heard that all 3 games are sold out; the first time the Rays have ever done that for a regular season series.

GO YANKEES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    And over 27,000 will be TB Ray fans. We've drew just about 19,000 during week day games against the Tigers. For the Yankees? During a weekend series? The fans will show. Just like they packed the trop during each and every Rays playoff game back in 2008.

And over 27,000 will be TB Ray fans. We've drew just about 19,000 during week day games against the Tigers. For the Yankees? During a weekend series? The fans will show. Just like they packed the trop during each and every Rays playoff game back in 2008.
    17k, 19k, 16k, 26k was the attendance for the Tigers series.

I'm sure the Yankee fans have nothing to do with why the Rays will be able to get a good attendance this series.

I'm sure Ray fans will be pounding away at their cowbells to stimulate crowd noise since they can't do it without.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by k.Rhodes25 View Post
    17k, 19k, 16k, 26k was the attendance for the Tigers series.

I'm sure the Yankee fans have nothing to do with why the Rays will be able to get a good attendance this series.
    All I'm saying is this... If the Rays averaged just about 20,000 fans per game, on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday... There is no question about it, TB fans will be in attendance each and every game for a Yankees weekend series.

Actually, if we drew 26K today... No doubt about it, 30,000+ will be Rays fans this series. Yeah, the Yankee fans will come out, but it will be 3-1 TB fans.
    Last edited by DefenseWinsChampionships2; 07-29-2010 at 11:48 PM.

All I'm saying is this... If the Rays averaged just about 20,000 fans per game, on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday... There is no question about it, TB fans will be in attendance each and every game for a Yankees weekend series.

Actually, if we drew 26K today... No doubt about it, 30,000+ will be Rays fans this series. Yeah, the Yankee fans will come out, but it will be 3-1 TB fans.
    Because Yankee fans never take over stadiums before? Or even more so at the Trop?

The Rays don't have a strong fanbase, its a fact, stop trying to build them up like they have this great loyal fanbase because they don't and its a fact. They have the 2nd best record in baseball yet are among the worst in attendance, problem is the teams they are with are all garbage so at least they have excuses for lack of attendance.

If A-Rod gets #600 in this series, at least he'll get to do it in front of a bunch of Yankee fans.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by DevsJetsYanks88 View Post
    If A-Rod gets #600 in this series, at least he'll get to do it in front of a bunch of Yankee fans.
    Lmao.....Yogi should throw out the first ball.

Is THIS the correct logo?

Just tryin' to help

Your right. Game one is huge for this series.

Battle for 1st place
    The Yanks are 2 games up, the battle for first won't occur unless you take the first 2 games bro

Nope, it's usually 50-50, lotta NY fans down there