Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm going to the Saints/Vikes Sept 9!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm going to the Saints/Vikes Sept 9!

Hey everyone! I was around here alot during the 2008 season. Brett Favre is my favorite football player of all time. I live in north Florida so it looks like this upcoming game is my last semi-affordable chance to see him. Furthermore, this is probably my last chance to see a game this big altogether, without flying somewhere, spending an absurd amount of money etc.

I have never been to an NFL game before and I have some questions. I chose this forum because it's not full of idiots like other football forums. It's full of Jets fans yes but the Jets fans are usually as real as they are crazy.

This is a once in a lifetime trip. I am an absolute superfan. I can't convey how big of a deal this is to me to anyone here who doesn't remember me. With that said, I'm also a responsible adult who is far from rich. Important people in my life are PISSED at me big time just because I'm considering paying the kind of money that it takes to get good seats. So my question is this: How about the cheap seats? I'd like to hear all thoughts. Can you like...see? Or are they entirely out of the question for a once in a lifetime trip?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    'sup

Brett Farve sucks.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=BloodyChamp;3662092]I chose this forum because it's not full of idiots like other football forums.[/QUOTE]

fail

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Honestly, for a trip that seems to mean a lot to you, spend a little more than what you can probably afford.

If your kids won't go hungry and diaperless, you're fine...

The wife or whatever you got going on will understand.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Come on guys. Tell me how the seats are based on your experience of watching your team in a stadium that isn't really yours. That's the real reason for posting. That's the similarity that every Jets game has with my game.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=BloodyChamp;3662102]Come on guys. Tell me how the seats are based on your experience of watching your team in a stadium that isn't really yours. That's the real reason for posting. That's the similarity that every Jets game has with my game.[/QUOTE]

What's your limit on a ticket, price wise?

The only place I've sat in the Dome is Plaza Corner and those won't be cheap for this game.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you are not in the lower bowl, stay home.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wanted to pay between 600 and 700 $$$ for the decent individually sold seats in the middle of the visiting sideline. Everything else is sold out other than the insanely priced tickets down below, a few endzone tickets and the cheapos up top which are about $300 after online purchasing fees.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    If I were you I would spend $1,000 on a football ticket. You'll never regret it. Not for a moment.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    As opposed to spending my life on the internet?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow! If you are willing to pay 600-700 per seat I would think you could get something wherever you wanted!

Personally, and people argue with me all of the time, I like to sit in the middle to upper levels.

My favorite seats at the Old Meadowlands Stadium were up in the 300's.

I would HATE to sit there if I was in visitor colors, but that's what I prefer.

In other words, I'd want to be as close to the middle of the entire place as possible. Then I would choose upper over right on the field.

If you care about seeing players up close more than the game than get field level tickets.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I went with the cheap tickets. All middle tickets were sold out. All that were left were those that I originally wanted on the second tier (in between the sidelines and 300s), some outrageously priced sideline tickets, a few endzone tickets and the cheap ones. I still say that 6 or 7 hundred is an ok price for a good ticket, considering you can pay that price at almost any time before the game, in this day and age. I didn't want a bunch of mad people to ruin the trip though, and I've been told that cheap seats are not so bad.

The Vikings play the Jets this year. If you aren't a fan of Brett Favre drama, you might as well go hid somewhere this season lol! He gets a shot a the Jets, the Packers of course, and both teams from last year's playoffs.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=BloodyChamp;3662285]If you aren't a fan of Brett Favre drama, you might as well go hid somewhere this season lol! [/QUOTE]

:byebye:

Not hiding anywhere, hope to see him leave on a stretcher and I dont say that about anyone.

Good day to you sir!

-

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=32green;3662290]Not hiding anywhere, hope to see him leave on a stretcher and I dont say that about anyone.[/QUOTE]

Ohhhh the dark side of 32. :eek:

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    The game is part of the experience, just a part. Being in NO, get a cheaper ticket and spend the extra cabbage on the French Quarter or side trips.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    you can't make a simple decision without having to hear what this board has to say??? LOL

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PocketJet;3662467]you can't make a simple decision without having to hear what this board has to say??? LOL[/QUOTE]

This board us wise beyond its years.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=32green;3662290]:byebye:

Not hiding anywhere, hope to see him leave on a stretcher and I dont say that about anyone.

Good day to you sir!

-[/QUOTE]

:yes::yes::yes:

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I asked a bunch of people. Anyone whose ever made "simple" decisions knows that you don't put all your eggs in 1 basket. I had to post alot on the internet though. Being in north Florida, the only people I know who have been to NFL games are old and went to the games long ago.

You couldn't get Favre on a stretcher if you got a free high/low shot at his ankle and head. I know this because it happened in his last game and it still took an additional dirty hit and about 800 bad calls for the Saints to get the duke. You better hope Favre has no animosity here. Ask the Packers how that went.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    There goes your game now...poor guy