View Poll Results: Break up the Mets core now?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, trade Wright and Beltran. We wont win a WS with them.

11 57.89%
  • No, keep Wright and Beltran. They will deliver if it take 100 years!

8 42.11%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mets should break up the "core" now?

Mets should break up the "core" now?

I said this 6 months ago...

Wright & Francoeur for 6 great prospects? (from KC?)

Eat half of Beltran's remaining contract (a little over a year) for 3 prospects?

PS - I think we should extend Reyes' contract if Wright leaves. It'll keep some continuinty with the fans. Besides, the Mets cant seem to win without him - yes?

Beltran they should take the calls, if they get any....

Wright should retire a Met.

All Pro
    The Mets should keep Wright, Davis, and Johan.......everyone else should be tradeable IMO.

When did the term "core" come into the sports lexicon? I never heard this before two year's ago.

you are such a douche dude...i cant believe you call yourself a fan.

Quote Originally Posted by K-Met57 View Post
    Move to St. Louis, you'll be very happy there

I live in NYC.

Since when is Franceour part of the Mets core?

Banned
    A Mets fan asking for a trade of David Wright, would be like a Rays fan asking for a trade of Longoria, or a Yankees fan asking for a trade of Cano; It should never happen.

David Wright is one of the best players in the game today. Not only is he a cornerstone 3rd baseman, but he's also a Franchise type of player, a player that the Mets could build their lineup around for many of years to come. He's also only 27 years of age.

He's a career .308 hitter, he's also hitting .305 this season with 116 hits, 27 doubles, 17 HR's with 74 RBI's. He's on pace for almost 200 hits with 27 HR's/117 RBI's.

Yeah... Trade the face of the Franchise.

Also, I highly doubt the Mets would get 3 strong prospects for Beltran. I'm not sure if the Mets would be able to even pull of a C+ prospect for an aging 33 year old in Beltran, who cant stay healthy. He's only hitting .216, 1 HR and 4 RBI's after only playing 14 games this season. Which team would trade for this guy?
    Last edited by DefenseWinsChampionships2; 07-31-2010 at 03:25 PM.

All League
    East of the Jordan, West of the Rock of Gibraltar
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Met57 View Post
    Correct answer!

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    I don't think the Mets have a player problem, I think it's the Manager, and GM. I'm sure I'm not telling Mets fans something they don't know.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    Beltran they should take the calls, if they get any....

Wright should retire a Met.

Tomorrow the Mets will put Beltran on wavers and no one will claim him. If someone did claim Beltran, the Mets would jump for joy and walk away from his contract.

Francoeur is a bum. Everyone who has eyes and has watched him play has known this for 4 years.

In 3 years Wright will have most of the Mets career batting records. That is reason enough to keep him.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    I don't think the Mets have a player problem, I think it's the Manager, and GM. I'm sure I'm not telling Mets fans something they don't know.
    neither of those guys bat or pitch

Wright is a great ballplayer and is having a very good season. Not a chance in hell the Mets trade him.
    Last edited by DevsJetsYanks88; 07-31-2010 at 05:22 PM.

All League
    The Mets are not a small market team, they shouldn't be trading stars for prospects.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    neither of those guys bat or pitch
    But they run the show.

Jeff Franceour will not be tendered a contract after this season... bank on it

Same with John Maine

The Mets have any real tradeable parts, outside of Wright and Reyes, but the latter only to an extent. Santana? Nobody will give up something good when he has that contract. Ike Davis has been fine, but his OPS is under .800. Beltran looks like he might be close to done. Francouer is a bad baseball player. Nobody would take Bay's contract, obviously. And even Pelfrey looks like he's just an alright starter.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    But they run the show.
    And they chose the players that you said are not the problem.

But if things wind up the way they are now I would change the GM and Manager this off season.

Quote Originally Posted by Schroy48 View Post
    Move to St. Louis, you'll be very happy there

I live in NYC.
    there is a middle ground between your team doing no wrong and talking out of your ass just to hear yourself speak. you have been posting this garbage since about 2 weeks into the season...so why don't YOU move to Pittsburgh...they have no expectations there, u could have a field day depressing the few hopeful fans they still have left.

Veteran
    North Shore of Long Island. East Setauket
    they need to rebuild and pick a big free agent and bulster the pen and 2 more starting pitchers....im a yankee fan and this is obvious its all a dream met fans are living in the best player is angel pagan and everyone else is always hurt...