Thread: Chan Ho Parked

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Chan Ho Parked

Chan Ho hits the Parkway

July, 31, 2010 Jul 316:47PM ETEmail Print Comments By Wallace MatthewsIn order to make room for Kerry Wood, the Yankees designated Chan Ho Park for assignment, and the Korean righty, who was undone by ineffectiveness and an unfortunate tendency to give up the HR, was classy on his way out the door this afternoon.

"I had a great experience with the Yankees,'' he said. "If this is the end of my career, it was the best decision I could make to play with them. Hopefully this team wins so I can root for them. Maybe I'll get a ring.''

Before he left the clubhouse, Park thanked and shook hands with all the Yankee beat writers, hugged several teammates, and asked Alex Rodriguez to sign a No. 13 jersey for him.

"It's sad, but this is business and I understand it,'' he said. "I think I can still pitch. I believe I have some more left.''

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/yan...ts-the-parkway

Classy guy, still remember him dealing with the press when he had the sh*ts that time. Pretty funny.

Buh bye!

Rookie
    He won't be driving for long. The phils will probably take him back in a heartbeat.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by NYJ0815 View Post
    He won't be driving for long. The phils will probably take him back in a heartbeat.
    The Mets certainly hope so.

-

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    The Mets certainly hope so.

-
    LOL, they've got worse in their pen. Baez for example.

I was 100% wrong about Park. I thought he'd be a good signing. I do wonder if he was used just 1 inning at a time, instead of multiple innings as he often was, if he'd have been more effective. I wouldn't be completely surprised if he had a solid last 3rd of the season with an NL team. In the end, we'll always have those 3 scoreless innings he pitched against the Red Sox in (I think) the 2nd game of the season to let us win in extras.

All League
    Never wanted any part of that Chan Ho from day 1. He wants a ring? If i was him i wouldn't take it

It's been painful to watch him struggle

All Pro

Pirates claim CHoP off waivers

As per riveraveblues.com:

Chan Ho Park has been claimed off of waivers by the Pittsburgh Pirates, the Yankees announced this afternoon. The right-hander had been DFA’d on Saturday to make room on the roster for Kerry Wood. Signed to a $1.2 million deal this winter after a strong season with the Phillies, Park went 2-1 with a 5.60 ERA for the Yanks. In 35.1 innings, he allowed 40 hits — seven of them home runs — while walking 12 and striking out 29. Fans grew to dread his appearances, but he’ll always be remembered for one early-season TMI press conference in Boston. The Pirates are now on the hook for the remaining portion of CHoP’s salary or approximately $400,000. I, for one, am glad to see the Pirates are still willing to take on Yankee has-beens.

Well, at least the Yankees don't have to pay him the remaining $400,000 on his contract. At least he'll get a championship ring out of this. Be well, CHoP!!!!