View Poll Results: Who is most to blame right now for the current Revis situation?

Voters
62. You may not vote on this poll
  • New York Jets - They need to do more, offer a better deal or better options

8 12.90%
  • Darrelle Revis and Agents - Darrelle has 3 years left and should find a way to accept an offer

54 87.10%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who is most "at fault" for the current Revis stalemate?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Who is most "at fault" for the current Revis stalemate?

Just want to get a general sense of where people feel most of the fault lies right now in Revis' situation. While neither side deserves 100% of the blame, do you think the Jets have done enough to try to rectify the situation and get a deal done? Do you think Revis and his agents in their communications with the Jets are working hard enough to get him into Camp?

I've heard a lot of people say DR is being greedy and I've heard a seemingly equal number of people say the Jets should just pay the man.

Who do you blame most for the current situation? Or, to think of it another way, who needs to do more, take the next step or give in a little? Select that party in the poll.
    Last edited by jetstream23; 08-02-2010 at 04:19 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    lmao, you should be banned for starting this thread.

seriously.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    lmao, you should be banned for starting this thread.

seriously.
    +1

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Revi$_I$l@nd View Post
    +1
    +3..

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is what happens when you leave the hampur

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Reportedly, Tannenbaum was shut down by Revis and his agents on three separate deals: one that would’ve made him a “lifetime Jet”, a short-term solution and a face-to-face meeting to discuss details. Tannenbaum said, “It’s hard to say what’s going to happen next.”
    This paragraph from the new article just posted on site says it all. Tanny has been negotiating in good faith. The other side has not. The agents and Mevis' uncle should be tarred, feathered, and put in stocks, and Mevis needs to be smacked upside the head for listening to these idiots.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TokyoJetsFan View Post
    This is what happens when you leave the hampur
    (looking around)

Are we really out of the hamper....someone must have left the door open. All us schmucks got out!

But seriously, it's a very valid question. There's as much passion behind some people around here on this issue as the For and Against Pennington threads of yester-year.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Personal gripe () I really hate when poll starters add commentary to a choice. Just leave the main choices. Who's more at fault? Jets or Revis. The added stuff changes the dynamic of the choices.

Okay, I vote Revis because he's being unreasonable for 3 reasons:

1. Wanting Aso money at 6 years when Aso only got it for 3
    2. Wanting full guarantee on injury & skill
    3. If he can't get No. 2, wanting a huge signing bonus.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    this whole situation begins and ends with the Jets approaching Revis to tear up the final 3 years of the contract.

the add-on for the second option in the poll is idiotic, BTW, for that sole fact.
    Last edited by Lazy Bum; 08-02-2010 at 04:32 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    Personal gripe () I really hate when poll starters add commentary to a choice. Just leave the main choices. Who's more at fault? Jets or Revis. The added stuff changes the dynamic of the choices.

Okay, I vote Revis because he's being unreasonable for 3 reasons:

1. Wanting Aso money at 6 years when Aso only got it for 3
    2. Wanting full guarantee on injury & skill
    3. If he can't get No. 2, wanting a huge signing bonus.
    Point taken.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazy Bum View Post
    this whole situation begins and ends with the Jets approaching Revis to tear up the final 3 years of the contract. that fact that the poll is so lopsided is a testament to how many homers there are on this board.
    Why are we homers because we think Revis' demands are outrageous and impossible to meet?

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    this whole situation begins and ends with the Jets approaching Revis to tear up the final 3 years of the contract. that fact that the poll is so lopsided is a testament to how many homers there are on this board.
    Being rational and sane doesn't make one a homer.. You think 16 per for Revis is sane?? Tanny thought Revis would appreciate the gesture..He was mistaken but that doesn't make him wrong.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    its pretty outrageous for Jets to expect Revis to accept a new deal with no bonus money. They aren't making fair offers.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    this whole situation begins and ends with the Jets approaching Revis to tear up the final 3 years of the contract.

the add-on in the poll is idiotic, BTW, for that sole fact.
    I'm not sure about that. I think if the poll was taken yesterday or Saturday we might get a different result. The report that the Jets made 3 offers including a simple sit down on DR's home turf to talk and ALL were rejected seems to have slanted the perception of who is really bargaining in good faith right now. Prior to yesterday, I was kinda in Revis' camp and concerned that the Jets weren't doing enough, weren't being flexible enough, etc. and maybe were just playing hardball like, "you have 3 years left so suck it up" with DR. But now, the fact that Revis, and more likely his agents, are refusing to even talk face to face has me thinking that Revis' camp is causing the problem here. Just my 2 cents but I think the blame most goes to the the Agents, more than the Jets and more than Revis.
    Last edited by jetstream23; 08-02-2010 at 04:37 PM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Colemonster View Post
    Why are we homers because we think Revis' demands are outrageous and impossible to meet?
    there are fans of the team, and then there are people who will turn on a player out of blind loyalty to the team. the money that Revis makes should have little to do with your fan-dom, but since both sides have been playing the media for sympathy with the fans, people get ot the point where they will trash any player on the team when it comes to contract situations. it boggles the mind.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    The report that the Jets made 3 offers including a simple sit down on DR's home turf to talk and ALL were rejected seems to have slanted the perception of who is really bargaining with good faith right now.
    none of those offers included Bonus money.

by the way "Can I come over" is not really an offer.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    its pretty outrageous for Jets to expect Revis to accept a new deal with no bonus money. They aren't making fair offers.
    Or Revis's demands are impossible to manage. Take off your Revis colored glasses and think objectively for a second.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    its pretty outrageous for Jets to expect Revise to accept a new deal with no bonus money. They aren't making fair offers.
    Your on record for 100 million with 50 guaranteed.. You think thats fair?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'll go with secret ballot option #3 - the media.

It's really not their fault either, but they licked Revis' balls for five months straight. What man wouldn't get a big head after getting a tongue bath like Revis got for the entire season? The Jets can try to fit Revis into the team structure all they want, but the national media has told Revis that he's too good to be boxed in.

I know his play speaks for itself and that this outcome would have been hard to avoid regardless of the media contributions, but I can't help but think that the Revis Island talk has this man sitting at home thinking "I'm the greatest." He very well might be, but it's unfortunate that he already knows it.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    there are fans of the team, and then there are people who will turn on a player out of blind loyalty to the team. the money that Revis makes should have little to do with your fan-dom, but since both sides have been playing the media for sympathy with the fans, people get ot the point where they will trash any player on the team when it comes to contract situations. it boggles the mind.
    Fair enough, except in this case the player and his people really are being a-holes about the whole thing. All you need to do is read the statements from the agents. To say nothing of the fact that these guys were patting themselves on the back for fleecing the Jets three year ago. Now they're trying to do it all over again with three years still left on his contract. It's not a matter of blindly supporting the team.