Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Story will make a grown man cry.

Story will make a grown man cry.

This really hits home for me...

[url]http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/dn/latestnews/stories/080110dnentleah.2c4fc4b.html[/url]

WTF! Very touching, but I think I'll swallow a bullet now.

Definitely a tough read, especially for those touched closely by a similar experience.

[QUOTE=Tyler Durden;3666601]This really hits home for me...

[url]http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/dn/latestnews/stories/080110dnentleah.2c4fc4b.html[/url][/QUOTE]

i'm really sorry you had to go through that, TD

I'd give my own life to find a cure for this devastating disease.

[QUOTE=Tyler Durden;3666601]This really hits home for me...

[url]http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/dn/latestnews/stories/080110dnentleah.2c4fc4b.html[/url][/QUOTE]...i know what you are going thru...

Jets Insider VIP
    Man, that is a tough read.

One of my best friends got cancer in 9th grade. He was one of the most incredible human being I have ever had to honor of knowing. Funny as hell and even scored something like a 1500 on the SAT. He handled the disease with a grace and dignity that defied his youth. Sadly he passed away in my senior year of high school.

His life forever changed mine. I have learned to appreciate every day because I know that life is so short and that nothing is guaranteed. For that, I am eternally grateful to him.

I have hated this horrible disease ever since and pray for the day that it is cured.

Jets Insider VIP
    Lost my brother to cancer last year - I will miss him to my dying breath.

I stopped here:

Relatives drove them to the hospital and tried to prepare them, telling them this might be the last time they saw their mother. They played in the hospital gift shop as their grandmother took them to Leah's room one at a time.

First came Oliver, now almost 2. He walked around the room, eating goldfish crackers and smiling. Leah was too weak to hold him, but a relative lifted him up for a kiss. "Hi, my little man," she said.

I cried....

Jets Insider VIP
    Wow :(

Jets Insider VIP
    Heavy stuff. My grandmother just passed away this morning, not from cancer, but still hard to handle.

Very sad. Part of the story talks about the drugs killing you, not the cancer.

I find this to be very true, some of these chemo's are so hard on the body one wonders if it is all worth it.

All League
    Yeah, I cried. God damn, that is rough....

I believe they mentioned her on PTi the other day

What a rough story to read.A Manager at my job was diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer in January.I just found out today they sent him home from the hospital,with hospus coming to make him comfortable.That quick it's killing him.He will leave behind 2 small children

When are we gonna be able to cure this horrible disease

[QUOTE=Ruby2;3666793]Heavy stuff. My grandmother just passed away this morning, not from cancer, but still hard to handle.[/QUOTE]

very sorry for your loss.As someone who is extremely close to my grandmother she helped raise me while in great health she is up there in years so I know the days are winding down

my best to you and your family

[QUOTE=Ruby2;3666793]Heavy stuff. My grandmother just passed away this morning, not from cancer, but still hard to handle.[/QUOTE]

sorry to hear bud.

that was a beautiful/devastating read. my family went through a similar situation last year, when my cousin lost her long battle with cancer and left behind a 10 year old girl.

i need a moment :(

All League
    Wow. I rarely get emotional about these kinds of stories, but this one was touching.

Wow, jeez. Sorry to hear that Ruby.

My grandmother passed away almost 4 weeks ago. I was very close to her -- the first (and I like to think favorite) grandchild. I was thinking about her today, actually, and getting a little sad.

This article was tough to read, given my recent memories of visiting her in the hospice earlier last month. I feel terribly for those kids, and the husband, and the rest of the family.

Tyler, I'm sorry for your loss too. Man oh man. What a sad story.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=pauliec;3666996]Wow, jeez. Sorry to hear that Ruby.

My grandmother passed away almost 4 weeks ago. I was very close to her -- the first (and I like to think favorite) grandchild. I was thinking about her today, actually, and getting a little sad.

This article was tough to read, given my recent memories of visiting her in the hospice earlier last month. I feel terribly for those kids, and the husband, and the rest of the family.

Tyler, I'm sorry for your loss too. Man oh man. What a sad story.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Paulie, and everyone else. It means a lot. I was very close to her.

All League

That sucks man, I'm so sorry.

I was close to my grandfather, who died in 1999 from Lou Gehrig's disease. For the last months of his life, he lived in our house, and while I cherished the time I had with him, it was so painful to watch as the disease ravaged his body. First, he lost the ability to walk, and shortly after could not even feed himself. His mind was always there, though, and it was awesome to sit by his bed and listen as he told me the jokes I had heard a million times. I think the thing I remember most vividly was a few weeks before he died. Dinner had just ended, and it was just the two of us sitting at the table. He was struggling to talk, but he whispered to me: "Corey, I hope to God this never, ever happens to you. It's hell."

Also had a close call with cancer with my aunt. About six months ago, she was diagnosed with breast cancer. It seems that she got over it, although it seems you are never out of the woods completely with cancer. A month or so ago the doctors also discovered an issue with her eyes. She had to have surgery and had to keep her head down for a month, I think so the surgery could set. She was pretty depressed, but at least she's alright.

Cancer is just so god damn unfair. I work with an organization called Joshua House Fund -- we build homes for the less fortunate -- and the founder of the group had cancer and got over it years ago. But about three years ago, it came back even worse, and killed her within months. She was one of the greatest people I have ever met. She made such a difference in so many people's lives. I still can't believe she's gone.