Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: USA/Brazil Meadowlands

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

USA/Brazil Meadowlands

Anyone going August 10th?

Mulling it.

I hope to be. That's my birthday and I have a feeling my parents got me tickets.

That place should be absolutely mobbed with Brazilians.

Too expensive for me, I'll wait until Poland in October, even if it's the 2nd tier US Players.

I'm thinking about going...last time my friend checked (which was a while ago) tixx were $40....but i have a feeling they have long since gone up

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

I'm going. Sitting in the UD Prime section. Will be first trip to the new stadium.

Anyone know if this game is going to be on one of the ESPN's or any one of those channels?

Quote Originally Posted by DevsJetsYanks88 View Post
    Anyone know if this game is going to be on one of the ESPN's or any one of those channels?
    assuming you didn't get the tickets for your birthday??

ESPN2

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    assuming you didn't get the tickets for your birthday??

LOL, unfortunately I don't believe I did.

Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post
    ESPN2
    Thank you sir.

LOL, unfortunately I don't believe I did.
    lol, happy birthday anyway!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    lol, happy birthday anyway!!

Thank you ma man.

All League
    yup im going, first time getting to see the usa play in person, cant wait to see the new stadium

US looks feisty so far. Couple of great opportunities. Donovan could have drawn a penalty if he went down, but I don't see the value of going down on a soft foul in a friendly.

Also, sounds like a big US contingent in the stands. Kind of jealous

I wonder if "The New Meadowlands Stadium" plans on keeping the grass field for Monday night FB game?

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Is this the womens team from Rutgers playing Brazil?

All League
    wow that was pathetic
    and there were way to many brazil fans there

new stadium is nice, and just a heads up if you buy a burger they put a ton of crap on it and dont tell you...

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyJet80 View Post
    wow that was pathetic
    and there were way to many brazil fans there

new stadium is nice, and just a heads up if you buy a burger they put a ton of crap on it and dont tell you...
    What would you say the split was between USA and Brazil fans?

Heading in I was expecting a Brazil dominated crowd.

How many more times can our defense get beaten with an over-the-top pass, or because of guys playing out of position? It's what had us playing from behind in the World Cup and Bradley has not fixed the problem. Frankly, I can't believe bradley is still our coach. Oh well, another 2-0 loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    How many more times can our defense get beaten with an over-the-top pass, or because of guys playing out of position? It's what had us playing from behind in the World Cup and Bradley has not fixed the problem. Frankly, I can't believe bradley is still our coach. Oh well, another 2-0 loss.
    Well, there is a serious talent gap between Brazil (even their B team) and the US team. I don't think it was the out of place element, it was guys like Bornstein getting blown off the ball, their defense just isn't good enough. Donovan nearly created a chance early, but all the forwards, Altidore, Buddle, Gomez, or Findley couldn't create much of a chance. I wouldn't want the US to go into a 5-4-1 shell either.

I think Bradley did an admirable job, he got to the finals of the Confed Cup, won their region, and won their group in the World Cup. Yes, you can argue caveats for all of those things, but these things had never been achieved in modern US Soccer history. He gets **** on a lot for things out of control.

However, I do think the US needs to go in another direction going forward. Teams do not succeed in their 2nd go around with the same coach, not the US, not Italy, not France, not anyone, not anymore.
    I hope the US finds someone who does better than Bradley, but I fear it's far more likely that they will find someone who has less success.