Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: USA/Brazil Meadowlands

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post
    Well, there is a serious talent gap between Brazil (even their B team) and the US team. I don't think it was the out of place element, it was guys like Bornstein getting blown off the ball, their defense just isn't good enough. Donovan nearly created a chance early, but all the forwards, Altidore, Buddle, Gomez, or Findley couldn't create much of a chance. I wouldn't want the US to go into a 5-4-1 shell either.

I think Bradley did an admirable job, he got to the finals of the Confed Cup, won their region, and won their group in the World Cup. Yes, you can argue caveats for all of those things, but these things had never been achieved in modern US Soccer history. He gets **** on a lot for things out of control.

However, I do think the US needs to go in another direction going forward. Teams do not succeed in their 2nd go around with the same coach, not the US, not Italy, not France, not anyone, not anymore.
    I hope the US finds someone who does better than Bradley, but I fear it's far more likely that they will find someone who has less success.
    I hear what you're saying, especially the Bradley comment. But someone needs to be accountable. He puts the players out there. I realize we are not in Brazil's class, but to lose 2-0, at home in front of a packed house, to a good, but not great, Brazil squad is just not acceptable.

Does another coach have the answers? Who knows. But I think we need to find out, especially concerning our porous defense.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    I realize we are not in Brazil's class, but to lose 2-0, at home in front of a packed house, to a good, but not great, Brazil squad is just not acceptable.
    The final score was 2-0, but it felt more like 5-0. Outside of the first 10 minutes and a 5 minute strecth in the second half, the US was never competitive.