Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Forbes rate Pats Fans 5th best fans in all of sports

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Forbes rate Pats Fans 5th best fans in all of sports

Just a little break from the holdout and camp discussion.

http://www.forbes.com/2010/08/02/bes...dom_slide.html

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bad list. Bad thread.

As Warfish would say, PatsInsider -------------> That way

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    dump

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    How can you be the 5th best fanbase when you didn't even know you had a football team before 2001?

And who the hell is Forbes to make such a list anyways? They're a business website, not a sports website.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    What does a white rich mans magazine know about being a sports fan? Seriously, check the source there buddy. Those are the same people that complain when you aren't sitting down or that it's too noisy in the stadium. So in there eyes, yeah Pats fans probably are top 5.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    such great "fans" that the team was on the verge of moving to St Louis to get away from them....

Then along came Walt Coleman and drunken chowds broke both ankles jumping on the bandwagon

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    That was one of the worst, most in-accurate lists I have ever seen.

What a terrible job.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'd say the Bills have much better fans. And the Packers. And the Jets. And the Redskins. And the Giants. And the Eagles.

Terrible list.

DUMP

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ven0m View Post
    How can you be the 5th best fanbase when you didn't even know you had a football team before 2001?

And who the hell is Forbes to make such a list anyways? They're a business website, not a sports website.
    You're aware since 96 the pats have been to 5 superbowls?

The date for me when I became a fan.. Early of 1993.. The year Parcells took over and drafted Bledsoe.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    What does a white rich mans magazine know about being a sports fan? Seriously, check the source there buddy. Those are the same people that complain when you aren't sitting down or that it's too noisy in the stadium. So in there eyes, yeah Pats fans probably are top 5.
    HAHAHAA!!!

Oh yeahh!!! Those Pasts* fans were GREAT during that last playoff game!

HAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA!!!! !!

Thanks for cheering us up with this diarrhea
    Last edited by Hitman Harris; 08-03-2010 at 04:15 PM.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    I was in college in the Boston area in the early/mid 90s. On a Yankee/Sawx game, you could walk up to the box office and buy bleacher tix for 10 ppl.

I'm not suggesting that's any different than Yankee or Met games of that era, but lets not try and suggest that Red Sawx fans were selling out Fenway, the smallest stadium in the league, longer than the past 10 years.

Also, Phillies fans in the top 15? That's ludicrous. They are terrible fans. Rewind 3 years ago and they couldn't sell out their stadium unless the Yankees were playing. Philly is a football town, plain and simple.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, that is a bad list. It basically states that the best fan bases are of teams that have recently won championships. With the exception of a few. They win, and people are buying their crap, going to their games more often and whatnot. It tells me they're bandwagoners more than anything. The Yankees place on the list is inexcusable though.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    should say best "fair-weather" fans. when they finally lost a home game or two for the first time in years, people were running for the exits like the place was on fire. it will be interesting to see that place half-filled after brady and bellicheck move on.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    garbage list, Yankees should have been much higher. Most popluar hat worldwide....

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Flagman5A View Post
    garbage list, Yankees should have been much higher. Most popluar hat worldwide....
    Because of Jay-Z... so he says.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mcsully View Post
    You're aware since 96 the pats have been to 5 superbowls?

The date for me when I became a fan.. Early of 1993.. The year Parcells took over and drafted Bledsoe.
    Don't get me wrong, I'm sure there's diehards out there, but it wasn't that long ago that Patriots and Blackouts were 2 words that were often linked with each other. So don't tell me how you have this great fanbase, which is a crock. They didn't show up until the team started to win, and once they lose they'll be gone.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    I was in college in the Boston area in the early/mid 90s. On a Yankee/Sawx game, you could walk up to the box office and buy bleacher tix for 10 ppl.

I'm not suggesting that's any different than Yankee or Met games of that era, but lets not try and suggest that Red Sawx fans were selling out Fenway, the smallest stadium in the league, longer than the past 10 years.

Also, Phillies fans in the top 15? That's ludicrous. They are terrible fans. Rewind 3 years ago and they couldn't sell out their stadium unless the Yankees were playing. Philly is a football town, plain and simple.
    Well I have to fight you on the Philly fans, they are rabid front runners and the minute that team started winning they all jumped aboard the wagon.

You can't walk more than 5 steps in that town without seeing a Philly hat or shirt which is a far cry from 2005 and earlier when the team was still and afterthought.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Seems like a Boston homer, having the Red Soxs #1 and the Patriots #5 and the Celtics up there too.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    This is actually a very good list

FOR ME TO POOP ON!!!!!!!!!!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ven0m View Post

Before 2001 the Pats had been to TWO superbowls since the last time the Jets had gone, so we knew we had a football team before then.

What we did have to suffer threw is terrible ownership, a high school quality stadium, and some very bad years to go along with a few good ones. It all turned around very quickly when Kraft bought the team, and since that time, they have suffered only 3 losing seasons over the last 17 years.