Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boomer & Carton to simulcast on MSG

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like

Boomer & Carton to simulcast on MSG

[URL="http:/video.msg.com/Home/Boomer-and-Carton-on-MSG"]http:/video.msg.com/Home/Boomer-and-Carton-on-MSG[/URL]
    Supposed to start in September.. now i just need to hide a tv under my desk at work..

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    Saw that...I'll prolly check it out.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I thought the Howard Stern Show was on Sirius. Oh, right, Carton is the guy who lifted his entire act from Howard with none of the talent or comedic ability.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Borgoguy;3669049]I thought the Howard Stern Show was on Sirius. Oh, right, Carton is the guy who lifted his entire act from Howard with none of the talent or comedic ability.[/QUOTE]

He obviously does alot of Howards schtick, no doubt.

-

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=32green;3669052]He obviously does alot of Howards schtick, no doubt.

-[/QUOTE]

I don't get this show, 32. I listen for about 40 minutes each morning while driving my wife to the train station and back. Other than the two "other idiots" on ESPN (who are unlistenable), there is no viable alternative. Until Howard departed for satellite, I had my car's radio tuned to WNBC and then WXRK since 1982. I really do miss Howard in the morning.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I like my sports talk mixed with a bit of potty humor. Now that training camp is started, I'm back to listening to sports radio a bit now. And yes, just yesterday, Carton said something and I thought to myself "Wow, that's almost a blatant Howard rip-off".

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    I really enjoy Boomer, but I find this show increasingly unlistenable, freakin' Carton never shuts up. I only tune in for a few minutes each morning to see if they are talking Jets.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    ...as a matter of fact I turned it on this morning and Carton called a caller a doosh 3 or 4 times in 10 seconds, that's entertainment?

changes channels

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Borgoguy;3669059]I don't get this show, 32. I listen for about 40 minutes each morning while driving my wife to the train station and back. Other than the two [B]"other idiots" on ESPN (who are unlistenable)[/B], there is no viable alternative. Until Howard departed for satellite, I had my car's radio tuned to WNBC and then WXRK since 1982. I really do miss Howard in the morning.[/QUOTE]

Don't even get me started on those morons. They think they're all cute and stuff, but this is what they sound like...

[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ws58s9wzYsA"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ws58s9wzYsA[/URL]

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Borgoguy;3669059]I don't get this show, 32. I listen for about 40 minutes each morning while driving my wife to the train station and back. Other than the two "other idiots" on ESPN (who are unlistenable), there is no viable alternative. Until Howard departed for satellite, I had my car's radio tuned to WNBC and then WXRK since 1982. I really do miss Howard in the morning.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. And I followed Howard for just as long as you, except not to satellite. Lesser of two evils type deal for me.

Btw, Howard, like Letterman, turned into an unbearable lib as his status grew, he made more money, dumped his wife for a young hotty and was able to insulate himself from the real world; WHoulda thunk it?:rolleyes:

Like Jetswin, I like Boomer, and for now I can endure Cartons derivitive shtick.

I have a feeling he will be "turning the Howard" up to Eleven when the cameras start rolling, but I hope not.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I find Carton hilarious. You ever hear him do the mad dog impression? Spot on.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Big L;3669064]I like my sports talk mixed with a bit of potty humor. Now that training camp is started, I'm back to listening to sports radio a bit now. And yes, just yesterday, Carton said something and I thought to myself "Wow, that's almost a blatant Howard rip-off".[/QUOTE]

I turned the show on while driving my son to day camp. So help me, Carton is now involved in a "radio war" with a competing DJ from ESPN, even to the point of saying he has ratings while the other guy has none. Sound at all familiar? :rolleyes: Geez is this derivative. I hope he sends a royalty check to Howard.

[QUOTE=32green;3669083]Agreed. And I followed Howard for just as long as you, except not to satellite. Lesser of two evils type deal for me.

Btw, Howard, like Letterman, turned into an unbearable lib as his status grew, he made more money, dumped his wife for a young hotty and was able to insulate himself from the real world; WHoulda thunk it?:rolleyes:

Like Jetswin, I like Boomer, and for now I can endure Cartons derivitive shtick.

I have a feeling he will be "turning the Howard" up to Eleven when the cameras start rolling, but I hope not.[/QUOTE]

I didn't follow Howard to satellite either. With my son in the car in the morning, I doubt we could listen to the show without all the censorship Howard railed over. I miss the days of the Pat Cooper family shows, Sam's insanity, and anytime Baba Booey would get yelled at, which was, virtually, every day.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=32green;3669083]Agreed. And I followed Howard for just as long as you, except not to satellite. Lesser of two evils type deal for me.

Btw, Howard, like Letterman, turned into an unbearable lib as his status grew, he made more money, dumped his wife for [B]a young hotty[/B] and was able to insulate himself from the real world; WHoulda thunk it?:rolleyes:

I have a feeling he will be "turning the Howard" up to Eleven when the cameras start rolling, but I hope not.[/QUOTE]

Ehhhhhh...

[IMG]http://l.yimg.com/eb/ymv/us/img/hv/photo/movie_pix/columbia_pictures/basic_instinct_2/beth_ostrosky/basicpre3.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://www.batb.tv/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/vincent99.jpg[/IMG]

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jets Things;3669149]Ehhhhhh...

[IMG]http://l.yimg.com/eb/ymv/us/img/hv/photo/movie_pix/columbia_pictures/basic_instinct_2/beth_ostrosky/basicpre3.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

Something about her reminds me of a baboon.

[IMG]http://a.imageshack.us/img801/7421/baboon2.jpg[/IMG]

Of course, I'd still hit Beth 9 ways 'till Sunday.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I tried listening to their show but it's really horrible. Carton has no talent.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Sean Avery;3669100]I find Carton hilarious. You ever hear him do the mad dog impression? Spot on.[/QUOTE]

+1 i find him hilarious also and he's great when he does his suzyn waldman impression

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4fYKRpCXSE[/url]

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I love this show, but usually keep up with the show with their podcast since I'm either working or sleeping when they're on.

This leads me into a complaint, that I don't know if anyone else noticed.... they haven't updated the podcast all week :steamin:.

It got me thinking that maybe MSG told them to take the podcast down so you have to watch or listen to the show live.

Has anyone else had this problem or heard any reason why they stopped it?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=msujetfan 89;3669797]I love this show, but usually keep up with the show with their podcast since I'm either working or sleeping when they're on.

This leads me into a complaint, that I don't know if anyone else noticed.... they haven't updated the podcast all week :steamin:.

It got me thinking that maybe MSG told them to take the podcast down so you have to watch or listen to the show live.

Has anyone else had this problem or heard any reason why they stopped it?[/QUOTE]

I noticed the whole FAN site seemed to have been incorporated into the CBS site this week.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=32green;3669838]I noticed the whole FAN site seemed to have been incorporated into the CBS site this week.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I just noticed that as I looked for some of Al Dukes' funny songs about the Mets...I wonder why they did that

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Horrible Radio. I don't know how you like that show if you are over 30. Carton takes no shame in his poor imitation of Howard Stern