Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: DEAD HEAD THREAD

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Quote Originally Posted by LIDeadHead View Post
    I went broke between 93-95 seeing almost every NYC area show. I knew Jer's time was not far away. I cherished every single moment, and wave to the wind lol, everyshow. Glad I had the experience. Truth is, of all the furthur festivals, ratdog, P&F, The Other Ones & The Dead shows I've been to since, the best lineup & shows since are hands down, this current Furthur lineup. Times running out and if there were any doubts about seeing this lineup, put them aside and go before it's gone.

miss you lots Jerry, 15 years today
    Agree, current line up is good.

Hall Of Fame
    Last edited by Cole; 08-13-2010 at 08:05 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.

Hall Of Fame

JetsInsider.com Legend
    I went broke between 93-95 seeing almost every NYC area show. I knew Jer's time was not far away. I cherished every single moment, and wave to the wind lol, everyshow. Glad I had the experience. Truth is, of all the furthur festivals, ratdog, P&F, The Other Ones & The Dead shows I've been to since, the best lineup & shows since are hands down, this current Furthur lineup. Times running out and if there were any doubts about seeing this lineup, put them aside and go before it's gone.

miss you lots Jerry, 15 years today
    Actually 16 years ago, wasn't it? I remembered he died when my wife and I were on our honeymoon (our anniversary is tomorrow, 16 years).

For some reason, for me it was over when Jerry died, although I still listen to them daily.

My most favorite memory for me was seeing them was 3 nights in Albany at Knickerbocker Arena, my most favorite Dead 'road trip' ever. So many strange tales with my friends on that one.

I almost crapped my pants when this came out, because it was recorded there when I was there.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dozin%27_at_the_Knick

Hall Of Fame

Hall Of Fame

Hall Of Fame

Hall Of Fame

Hall Of Fame

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Saw them once at MSG in my late teens ... Awesome time ... Remember them doing great renditions of Ramble on Rosť & U.S. Blues ... I had an F'ud up little midget with me dancing around on the tops of the press tables 1/3rd of the way up the stands .... Ahhhhh, what a great night!

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

I went broke between 93-95 seeing almost every NYC area show. I knew Jer's time was not far away. I cherished every single moment, and wave to the wind lol, everyshow. Glad I had the experience.
    I was pretty much the same way. In 95' I was down in Philly for the Spectrum shows. after the Saturday night show, we went to AC and I pretty much lost all my money. I had to sell my Sunday nite tix in order to get a bus back to Boston. Of course, they bust out Unbroken Chain to close the first set.

use to just get a hotel room at the Marriott next to the Nassau Col. in the early 90's for the 5 night runs in march they use to do so i didn't have to go back and forth from CT when i was in college.

those runs and the 8 nights at MSG during those years were a total funds killers when you don't miss a single show

I miss Garcia

Actually guys, it was 18 years ago that Jerry Died. August 9th 1995.

I saw The Dead alot starting in the early 80's. Rochester 1982 was the first show.

My favourite was Binghamton 1983 and the band was staying in the same hotel as we were.

My friend and I were peaking when Jerry tip toed by our open door, and we spoke with him

at the vending machines. Our minds were blown away and Jerry was really cool.

I have my ticket stubs still, and the Dead remain my favourite band.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by lamont_jordan_rules View Post
    Saw them once at MSG in my late teens ... Awesome time ... Remember them doing great renditions of Ramble on Rosť & U.S. Blues ... I had an F'ud up little midget with me dancing around on the tops of the press tables 1/3rd of the way up the stands .... Ahhhhh, what a great night!
    Lol.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    I was pretty much the same way. In 95' I was down in Philly for the Spectrum shows. after the Saturday night show, we went to AC and I pretty much lost all my money. I had to sell my Sunday nite tix in order to get a bus back to Boston. Of course, they bust out Unbroken Chain to close the first set.
    My buddy and I waited for years to hear that I still listen to Mars Hotel.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by VINNYT View Post
    use to just get a hotel room at the Marriott next to the Nassau Col. in the early 90's for the 5 night runs in march they use to do so i didn't have to go back and forth from CT when i was in college.

those runs and the 8 nights at MSG during those years were a total funds killers when you don't miss a single show
    I remember one year it was Easter and it took us 4 hours to get out there from over here, cops on horses like Landover.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Bing in Buffalo View Post
    Actually guys, it was 18 years ago that Jerry Died. August 9th 1995.

I saw The Dead alot starting in the early 80's. Rochester 1982 was the first show.

My favourite was Binghamton 1983 and the band was staying in the same hotel as we were.

My friend and I were peaking when Jerry tip toed by our open door, and we spoke with him

at the vending machines. Our minds were blown away and Jerry was really cool.

I have my ticket stubs still, and the Dead remain my favourite band.
    If you offered him blow he would have done it with you, lol.

only "travel" shows i did were Philly, Boston, Hartford (first show in 86) and took the trek out west for a new Year Run in 1990 i believe. it was Bill Graham's last new year and Branford opened the show. Nassau was ALWAYS a *****, that's why we just started staying there.

even without major traveling still saw them over 100 times during that 9 year period.

Just saw Furthur in Brooklyn last month. was OK. seen them better. they need to just play Radio City and smaller places like that. sound is way better than in an arena

RIP Mr. Garcia...Aug 9, 1995

Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    If you offered him blow he would have done it with you, lol.
    PARDON? Pretty rude comment. Thanks for making crass comments to a cool memory AZZHOLE