Thread: World War Z

JetsInsider.com Legend

World War Z

Anyone else hear about it?

Brad Pitt just signed on to star in the zombie apocalyptic film "World War Z" based on the graphic novel by Max Brooks.

[url]http://www.411mania.com/movies/news/146440/[/url][Movies]-Brad-Pitt-to-Star-In-World-War-Z.htm

[B]Brad Pitt to Star In World War Z
    Posted by Larry Csonka on 07.22.2010

Brad Pitt + Zombies = Profit?

- While at Comic-Con, World War Z author Max brooks broke the news that Paramount is moving forward with World War Z. Marc Foster is directing, and Brad Pitt is attached to star in the film. Pitt's Plan B production company secured the rights to the film back in 2007. World War Z is a story about a worldwide infestation of flesh-eating zombies and is targeted for a summer 2012 release.

Brooks also stated that Paramount has optioned the film rights to The Zombie Survival Guide and The Zombie Survival Guide: Recorded Attacks.[/B]

Sounds like this could be one badass movie. The zombie genre has been starved lately, especially with George Romero losing his mind and pumping out one craptastic effort after another.

With Brad Pitt set to star and Gale Anne Hurd (Aliens, The Terminator, Terminator 2) set to produce, it sounds like this could be more than your traditional, cheesy zombie flick.

I like Brad Pitt, but hasn't the "end of the world/zombie/infection" movies been done to death?

..I just watched Zombieland last night
    Last edited by Tyler Durden; 08-06-2010 at 12:15 AM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    [QUOTE=Tyler Durden;3670467]I like Brad Pitt, but hasn't the "end of the world/zombie/infection" movies been done to death?

..I just watched Zombieland last night[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's been done to death. But it hasn't been done right since the 80's.

Outside of George Romero's original "Dead" trilogy (Night, Dawn, and Day) the majority of zombie flicks are totally forgettable. Most aren't even worth watching.

This actually sounds intriguing.

An A list actor set to star in what will most definitely be the biggest budgeted zombie film ever made, as well as the deepest.

[QUOTE=Untouchable;3670483]Yeah, it's been done to death. But it hasn't been done right since the 80's.

Outside of George Romero's original "Dead" trilogy (Night, Dawn, and Day) the majority of zombie flicks are totally forgettable. Most aren't even worth watching.

An A list actor set to star in what will most definitely be the biggest budgeted zombie film ever made, as well as the deepest.[/QUOTE]

Good points, though not exactly zombies, I am Legend fits the bill, Will Smith an A list actor, infection spread around the world. What did you think of that movie?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    [QUOTE=Tyler Durden;3670491]Good points, though not exactly zombies, I am Legend fits the bill, Will Smith an A list actor, infection spread around the world. What did you think of that movie?[/QUOTE]

"I am Legend" was decent, but it doesn't stack up to the book or "The Last Man on Earth" starring Vincent Price.

Banned
    Have you seen or heard of that series out of the UK called Dead Set?

It's pretty awesome!

[QUOTE=Untouchable;3670483]Yeah, it's been done to death. But it hasn't been done right since the 80's.

An A list actor set to star in what will most definitely be the biggest budgeted zombie film ever made, as well as the deepest.[/QUOTE]

I thought 28 Days Later was pretty good.

Banned
    [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQjq639WPiU&feature=related[/url]

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Tyler Durden;3670467]...but hasn't the "end of the world/zombie/infection" movies been done to death?[/QUOTE]

No :D

Hall Of Fame
    Great book, but I'm guessing the movie will be different because there were no "main characters" per se in the book.

If anyone is into this genre, I highly recommend "Hater" by David Moody. [URL="http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Hater/David-Moody/e/9780312608088/?itm=2&USRI=hater"]http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Hater/David-Moody/e/9780312608088/?itm=2&USRI=hater[/URL] Guillermo del Toro purchased the film rights. Just finished the sequel ("Dog Blood") last night. Great stuff.

[QUOTE=OrangeJet;3670562]I thought 28 Days Later was pretty good.[/QUOTE]

yeah, '28 Days' was good, '28 Weeks' was crap.

i also liked the 2004 'Dawn of the Dead' and 'Quarantine' was pretty good.

looking forward to WWZ :yes:

JetsInsider.com Legend
    [QUOTE=OrangeJet;3670562]I thought 28 Days Later was pretty good.[/QUOTE]

28 Days Later and the Dawn of the Dead remake are the only decent zombie flicks I can think of over the past 20+ years.

Shaun of the Dead was great, but it was a spoof on the genre so I don't really include it.