Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Greek Isles Cruise

Greek Isles Cruise

Ok so the misses and I are flying into Venice next week for a few days and then a 1 week cruise to the Grrek Isles. Santorini, Mykonos, Crete, any cruise suggestions or anything particular I should see in the Greek Isalands or Venice?

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Awesome,.....just remember, they say bon jorno, you say bon jorno......St. Marks, obviously. It took like 700 years to build and another 300 to decorate the outside. We liked Venice, however, Florence, Rome, etc. have more obvious things to see. Venice has great seafood, and is more of a carnival, mall atmosphere to it, as in the ultimate. I wouldn't waste my money going to Murano to see glass, but that's just me. Spend the coin to go on a gondola. Venice I know the least about but thats what I do know, would love to spend more time in Venice. I am jealous. Have a good one. Here is the name of a seafood place we went to....Ristorante Bucintoro, if it's still there.
    Last edited by Apache 51; 08-06-2010 at 05:35 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    There's been rioting in Greece recently. be careful.

With any luck, you'll be experiencing the Greek Islands like Peter Gallagher in 1982's[I] Summer Lovers.[/I] :D Like every hetero guy watching this flick back then, I was in love with Darryl Hanna.

***NOT WORK SAFE FOR BRIEF NUDITY***

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41sKWyPnCYY[/url]

What a vacation. God bless you. Youre going to 2 of the most beautiful places in the world.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Dimitri_0515;3671490]What a vacation. God bless you. Youre going to 2 of the most beautiful places in the world.[/QUOTE]

I LOL'd because your name is Dimitri.

Gyro's kick a**. God bless you Greeks...best food in the world.

[QUOTE=PlumberKhan;3671520]I LOL'd because your name is Dimitri.

Gyro's kick a**. God bless you Greeks..[B].best food in the world[/B].[/QUOTE]

What? :D

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=freestater;3671339]There's been rioting in Greece recently. be careful.[/QUOTE]

You just tell the guy, hey, steer away from those riots.

[QUOTE=PlumberKhan;3671520]God bless you Greeks...best food in the world.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Borgoguy;3671697]What? :D[/QUOTE]

He's a Western NY cubicle plumber; Set him up with you and Stokes playing dueling Italian iron Chefs and his head would explode from the taste sensation!

:D

[QUOTE=32green;3671706]You just tell the guy, hey, steer away from those riots.

He's a Western NY cubicle plumber; [B]Set him up with you and Stokes [/B]playing dueling Italian iron Chefs and his head would explode from the taste sensation!

:D[/QUOTE]

Who? You mean the dishwasher/prep cook?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=Borgoguy;3671709]Who? You mean the dishwasher/prep cook?[/QUOTE]

Now we're talking!
    Its on!

Food snob fight!

:D

[QUOTE=Borgoguy;3671451]With any luck, you'll be experiencing the Greek Islands like Peter Gallagher in 1982's[I] Summer Lovers.[/I] :D Like every hetero guy watching this flick back then, I was in love with Darryl Hanna.

***NOT WORK SAFE FOR BRIEF NUDITY***

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41sKWyPnCYY[/url][/QUOTE]

I just watched this clip and I'm trying to figure out what this movie is about.

A guy becomes shipwrecked on the greatest island in the world?

A guy wins the lottery and fulfills his every desire?

A guy finds a magic lamp and makes three wishes -- one naked chick, another naked chick, and beautiful apartment on the Mediterranean?

I need to see this movie, I think.

[QUOTE=pauliec;3671713]I just watched this clip and I'm trying to figure out what this movie is about.

A guy becomes shipwrecked on the greatest island in the world?

A guy wins the lottery and fulfills his every desire?

A guy finds a magic lamp and makes three wishes -- one naked chick, another naked chick, and beautiful apartment on the Mediterranean?

I need to see this movie, I think.[/QUOTE]

LOL. Absolutely true. It's every guy's fantasy.

I can't believe you never saw the flick. It'll be dated, of course, but check it out. Basically, the couple in the movie (Peter Gallagher and Darryl Hanna) is on vacation in the Greek Isles (Santorini, I think) and meet a gorgeous French archeologist (the late Valérie Quennessen). They spend the Summer experimenting with each other and enjoying the gorgeous island.

I challenge you to a cook off :yes:

[QUOTE=Borgoguy;3671718]LOL. Absolutely true. It's every guy's fantasy.

I can't believe you never saw the flick. It'll be dated, of course, but check it out. Basically, the couple in the movie (Peter Gallagher and Darryl Hanna) is on vacation in the Greek Isles (Santorini, I think) and meet a gorgeous French archeologist (the late Valérie Quennessen). They spend the Summer experimenting with each other and enjoying the gorgeous island.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I believe I will check this movie out.

Jets Insider VIP

he he. Love me some Greek food, Borgo. We had a few maintenance contacts with some Greek restaurants back downstate. Not only were the owners the friendliest, slap you in the back type of guys...but they would stuff our faces every time we showed up to do work. And even if I had just eaten, saying "no thanks" wasn't an option...lol

[QUOTE=32]He's a Western NY cubicle plumber; Set him up with you and Stokes playing dueling Italian iron Chefs and his head would explode from the taste sensation![/QUOTE]

Sheesh. I've only been up here for 3 years now. And at the rate things are going right now, I may only be around for another 6 mos. or so. ;)

[QUOTE=Dimitri_0515;3671767]I challenge you to a cook off :yes:[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=PlumberKhan;3671869]he he. Love me some Greek food, Borgo. We had a few maintenance contacts with some Greek restaurants back downstate. Not only were the owners the friendliest, slap you in the back type of guys...but they would stuff our faces every time we showed up to do work. And even if I had just eaten, saying "no thanks" wasn't an option...lol

Sheesh. I've only been up here for 3 years now. And at the rate things are going right now, I may only be around for another 6 mos. or so. ;)[/QUOTE]

All kidding aside, Greek cuisine is one of my favorites. I don't think I could pick one style of cooking. I'd choose elements from Italian, French, Greek, Mexican, Thai, and Japanese.

As I mentioned in an earlier thread, I love the simplicity of ingredients--garlic, olive oil, lemon, yogurt, honey, herbs--used to prepare an array of fish and meat dishes in Greek cuisine. I also love the abundant use of greens, which most folks would not associate with greek cooking. That's why it's such a healthy way to eat: Loads of greens and other fresh vegetables, with smaller amounts of pristine fish and meat. I could happily live on Crete, enjoying the simple meals which give them some of the longest longevity rates in the world.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;3671869]he he. Love me some Greek food, Borgo. We had a few maintenance contacts with some Greek restaurants back downstate. Not only were the owners the friendliest, slap you in the back type of guys...but they would stuff our faces every time we showed up to do work. And even if I had just eaten, saying "no thanks" wasn't an option...lol

Sheesh. I've only been up here for 3 years now. And at the rate things are going right now, I may only be around for another 6 mos. or so. ;)[/QUOTE]

No surprise you like it GREEK!:D

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=southparkcpa;3672032]No surprise you like it GREEK!:D[/QUOTE]

Took long enough for one of you jokers to point that out. I had to ponder and carefully write my post to avoid any out-of-context conclusions you guys to jump to.... :P

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;3672047]Took long enough for one of you jokers to point that out. I had to ponder and carefully write my post to avoid any out-of-context conclusions you guys to jump to.... :P[/QUOTE]

Leave it to us CPA's...we'll solve the worlds problems.;)

[QUOTE=Borgoguy;3672023]All kidding aside, Greek cuisine is one of my favorites. I don't think I could pick one style of cooking. I'd choose elements from Italian, French, Greek, Mexican, Thai, and Japanese.

As I mentioned in an earlier thread, I love the simplicity of ingredients--garlic, olive oil, lemon, yogurt, honey, herbs--used to prepare an array of fish and meat dishes in Greek cuisine. I also love the abundant use of greens, which most folks would not associate with greek cooking. That's why it's such a healthy way to eat: Loads of greens and other fresh vegetables, with smaller amounts of pristine fish and meat. I could happily live on Crete, enjoying the simple meals which give them some of the longest longevity rates in the world.[/QUOTE]

I love all Mediterranean food. Italian food is just my favorite as any other Mediterranean cuisine.