View Poll Results: Does liking the music of Paul Simon and Art Garfunkel make one a homosexual?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • No. Real men CAN like 60's airey folk music.

31 86.11%
  • Yes, lightweight-gay. May occasionally brush past the Cock.

3 8.33%
  • Yes, moderate gay. Likes the Cock.

0 0%
  • Yes, Super-Ultra-Gay, LOVE The Cock!

2 5.56%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Does Liking Simon and Garfunkel make one a Homosexual?

Does Liking Simon and Garfunkel make one a Homosexual?

Simple question, yes or no?

Jets Insider VIP
    Possibly. We'd have to see a video of you "rocking out" to them to be sure or not...

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Are you kidding, they are one of the all time greats.[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdP3nZMZQbs[/url]

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

No

CP 1981.

Magic.

:yes:

Dude... seriously? S&G are the shiz.

Like a bridge over trouble water, I will lay me down.

Don't hate, haters gon' hate on sum Simon and Garfizzle, shiz aint right.

All Pro
    Buying anal lubricant doesn't make you gay, but it doesn't help either.

I coulda smoked a joint with Art Garfunkel once.
    Turned him down

[QUOTE=Warfish;3671521]Simple question, yes or no?[/QUOTE]

I voted no. I went to their concert in Central Park. 1980 I believe. Me and half a million of my close friends enjoyed a great night of music, despite the rain. I still have the cassette tape of that concert in my closet.

I can't stand S&G, but I enjoy far gayer music than that, so....no.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=TKasper01;3671687]I voted no. I went to their concert in Central Park. 1980 I believe. Me and half a million of my close friends enjoyed a great night of music, despite the rain. I still have the cassette tape of that concert in my closet.[/QUOTE]

1981....Unbelievable show, and I could barely see them, we were in the woods.

Just the crowd alone was enough.

Interestingly though, 1980 was when Lennon was shot and we all went to Central Park for the memorial..another surreal experience.:(

Both within a year of eachother, more or less.

Wild times in NYC

All League
    [QUOTE=Warfish;3671521]Simple question, yes or no?[/QUOTE]

The fact you have to ask if "x" makes you homosexual MAKES you homosexual. F@g. :D

Top 10 songwriter (Simon) and duo of that, or any, era.

Rookie
    This kind of question always pisses me off. Who cares what other people thin k about your musical tastes? That's the point of music.... find something that you enjoy. Music is very individual. I have everything from Black Sabbath to JayZ, from Hank Williams Jr. to Megadeth. I am I happy that I like the Dixie Chicks? No, but they're ****in catchy. Relax. Being musically diverse is a sure sign of a well rounded/well adjusted human.

I think my college roommate was gay.

His d!ck always tasted like sh!t.

[QUOTE=jet22dan;3671710]This kind of question always pisses me off. Who cares what other people thin k about your musical tastes? That's the point of music.... find something that you enjoy. Music is very individual. I have everything from Black Sabbath to JayZ, from Hank Williams Jr. to Megadeth. [B] I am I happy that I like the Dixie Chicks? [/B] No, but they're ****in catchy. Relax. Being musically diverse is a sure sign of a well rounded/well adjusted human.[/QUOTE]

Who would have thought they'd be on the juke box at the Anvil? :D

Seriously, I agree totally with your comments related to musical diversity and appreciation. Shuffle play in my home could find you listening to everything from Respighi, to Bird, to Blind Joe Reynolds, to Mott the Hoople or KD Lang. It has always been my feeling that a great song is a great song no matter the genre. Same with the performance.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Simon & Garfunkle were terrific, however You Can Call Me Al makes me want break things...Garfunkle knew when to cut and run.

Rookie
    [QUOTE=Borgoguy;3671714]Who would have thought they'd be on the juke box at the Anvil? :D

Seriously, I agree totally with your comments related to musical diversity and appreciation. Shuffle play in my home could find you listening to everything from Respighi, to Bird, to Blind Joe Reynolds, to Mott the Hoople or KD Lang. It has always been my feeling that a great song is a great song no matter the genre. Same with the performance.[/QUOTE]

Exactly.

[QUOTE=jetswin;3671715]Simon & Garfunkle were terrific, however You Can Call Me Al makes me want break things...Garfunkle knew when to cut and run.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I would also have done the jail time for shooting both Simon and Chevy Chase in the video. I won't even post it for fear I'll start smashing up stuff.

Hall Of Fame
    I think im my youth I would have thought yes--slightly ghey.

But as I've aged and matured, I've learned to appreciate their music much much more.

So since you are asking the question today I'll say definitely no.

_

[QUOTE=32green;3671696]1981....Unbelievable show, and I could barely see them, we were in the woods.

Just the crowd alone was enough.

Interestingly though, 1980 was when Lennon was shot and we all went to Central Park for the memorial..another surreal experience.:(

Both within a year of eachother, more or less.

[B]Wild times in NYC[/B][/QUOTE]

I still have the laminated copies of Newsday from the week after JL was assassinated in my closet. I just had gotten his latest album. He was on his way to the top as a solo artist. Thatís for sure. Will be 30 years ago this Dec. WOW