Thread: Mystic River

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like

Mystic River

Anybody see this movie? Watched it for the first time from start to finish tonight, great film. Sean Penn is one psycho man in real life, but he does a great job in this movie. Tim Robbins was great too....funny story Robbins' father used to live next door to me in Milford, CT, and one time my mom was gardening and watched Susan Sarandon walk by on her morning walk

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good movie. Why is that funny?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Movie was good but the book was better.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Over rated. Sean Penn should have never won the Academy for that lame performance. Does that guy ever play a different character? Other than a rTard that is.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=OrangeJet;3671629]Good movie. Why is that funny?[/QUOTE]

Guess its not that funny, but we lived in a low key area and this was around the time when BullDurham came out so seeing an actress like Susan Sarandon was kind of odd, guess you had to be there.......

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=southside;3671631]Over rated. Sean Penn should have never won the Academy for that lame performance. Does that guy ever play a different character? Other than a rTard that is.[/QUOTE]

He didn't deserve the Oscar for Best Actor in Milk, either. He was good, but Mickey Rourke was 100x better in The Wrestler. Rourke got robbed.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=pauliec;3671634]He didn't deserve the Oscar for Best Actor in Milk, either. He was good, but Mickey Rourke was 100x better in The Wrestler. Rourke got robbed.[/QUOTE]

Disagree. The Wrestler was a well written movie, IMO... I didn't see an Oscar worthy acting performance.
    Last edited by Tyler Durden; 08-07-2010 at 03:06 AM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=southside;3671631]Over rated. Sean Penn should have never won the Academy for that lame performance.[B] Does that guy ever play a different character?[/B] Other than a rTard that is.[/QUOTE]

Milk
    Mystic River
    The Assassination of Richard Nixon
    I am Sam
    21 Grams
    Dead Man Walking

How are any of these characters similar?
    Last edited by Tyler Durden; 08-07-2010 at 02:59 AM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Anyways.. Mystic River is an awesome movie. Penn and Robbins both had powerful performances. By the way. Penn's daughters boyfriend in the movie is Smalls from The Sandlot.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=pauliec;3671634]He didn't deserve the Oscar for Best Actor in Milk, either. [/QUOTE]
    Did the movie depict Milk's close relationship with Rev. Jim Jones and the People's Temple? I probably already know the answer to that, but I was wondering if the film had accurately portrayed Milk as a man who had no problem using subjugated cult members to run his campaign.

[IMG]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/b/bd/Gallery_09a-RepeatIt.jpg[/IMG]

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=chrebetCT1192;3671628]funny story Robbins' father used to live next door to me in Milford, CT, and one time my mom was gardening and watched Susan Sarandon walk by on her morning walk[/QUOTE]

If I saw Sarandon walking by my house, I'd be scrambling for a cross bow, and I dont even own one.

[QUOTE=pauliec;3671634]He didn't deserve the Oscar for Best Actor in Milk, either. He was good, but Mickey Rourke was 100x better in The Wrestler. Rourke got robbed.[/QUOTE]

I dunno...OK script, good acting. I guess.

[QUOTE=Tyler Durden;3671647]Milk
    Mystic River
    The Assassination of Richard Nixon
    I am Sam
    21 Grams
    Dead Man Walking

[/QUOTE]

DUde....no Fast TImes?

I was surrounded by SPicoli like dudes growing up and he nailed it. Hilarious.:yes:

And I HATE Penn, personally.

Btw, Mystic River...excellent all around, even Tim Robbins, another doosh.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=32green;3671683]If I saw Sarandon walking by my house, I'd be scrambling for a cross bow, and I dont even own one.[/QUOTE]
    Let me know if you ever do see her. You can borrow mine.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=freestater;3671689]Let me know if you ever do see her. You can borrow mine.[/QUOTE]

lol!

Say hello to my little friend!

boing...thp thp thp..thplatt.

:D

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

agreed

but you know Hollywood was gonna give that award to it's boy

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=chrebetCT1192;3671628]Anybody see this movie? Watched it for the first time from start to finish tonight, great film. Sean Penn is one psycho man in real life, but he does a great job in this movie. Tim Robbins was great too....funny story Robbins' father used to live next door to me in Milford, CT, and one time my mom was gardening and watched Susan Sarandon walk by on her morning walk[/QUOTE]
    Mystic River was a great flick...Sarandon had great bombs in her youth, so before i become jealous of your mom I need a time point reference.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetswin;3671716]Mystic River was a great flick...Sarandon had great bombs in her youth, so before i become jealous of your mom I need a time point reference.[/QUOTE]

Atlantic City....the lemons.

:eek:

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=32green;3671757]Atlantic City....the lemons.

:eek:[/QUOTE]
    yes indeed :cool:

[IMG]http://www.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/2557058/2/istockphoto_2557058-nice-lemons.jpg[/IMG]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=chrebetCT1192;3671632]Guess its not that funny, but we lived in a low key area and this was around the time when BullDurham came out so seeing an actress like Susan Sarandon was kind of odd, guess you had to be there.......[/QUOTE]

Her and Tim Robbins used to take walks around the field when I played pee-wee league football for the Bedford Bulldogs in Westchester.