Thread: Will C.C. get to 300

Will C.C. get to 300

Just turned 30.Has 150 in his tenth season.If I had to bet I'd say no,but he certainly has a chance.What do you think?

I think he'll end up burning out before he reaches 300.

If he's a freak of nature into his mid-late 30's, it's possible...

Doubtful.

He would have to average 19 wins for the next 8 seasons to reach 300. If he pitches until he's 40. He would have to average 15 wins per season.

He'd both have to have a David Wells type arm and would have to be able to change his pitching style when he loses velocity and stuff to have a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffWeaverFan View Post
    He'd both have to have a David Wells type arm and would have to be able to change his pitching style when he loses velocity and stuff to have a chance.
    He's already adjusted his pitching style from earlier in his career. He's not strictly a power pitcher like he used to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    He's already adjusted his pitching style from earlier in his career. He's not strictly a power pitcher like he used to be.
    Yeah and that's a good sign, but will he be able to pitch well when he's throwing 88-91 when he's 39+ years old? Will he even want to do that? Will he keep his weight down to be able to do that?

Pretty much I think there's very little chance for him to get there.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffWeaverFan View Post
    Yeah and that's a good sign, but will he be able to pitch well when he's throwing 88-91 when he's 39+ years old? Will he even want to do that? Will he keep his weight down to be able to do that?

Pretty much I think there's very little chance for him to get there.
    CC is a smart enough and disciplined enough guy to make the necessary adjustments when he gets older and doesn't have the same stuff as now. BUT 300 wins is a lot! Everything would have to go right for him or anyone in his generation of pitchers to win 300 games.
    Last edited by Cool Papa B.; 08-08-2010 at 04:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    Doubtful.

He would have to average 19 wins for the next 8 seasons to reach 300. If he pitches until he's 40. He would have to average 15 wins per season.
    He'd probably have to pitch till he's 40. But if he gets 5 more this year then has another 5 years averaging 17, he'd be at 240 at 35 and have to average 12 for the last 5 years.Like you said it's doubtful. He'd have to stay healthy and want to pitch that long but i don't think it's a huge longshot.I give him about a 20%-25% shot.

All League
    I don't think he'll get 300, but he definitely has a chance. I do think he'll throw a no hitter before he retires though. I mean, how can you not when you are playing in the Rays division and get to face them 5 times a year?