Thread: In Italy

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

In Italy

hey guys,

just wanted to post that i am in italy with my college soccer team right now. i go to the university of scranton. we have 3 training sessions and 3 games. we play clubs such as pescia uzzanese, equipe lombardia, and caratese. we'll be touring the san siro in milan, and we may even have the opportunity to watch the national team train in florence, although their national team has dwindled to only 9 of the players from the world cup.

in other news our tour guide told us there is a rumor going around italy that del piero may be headed to new york to follow henry and marquez to play for the red bulls.

anyway, just figured id post and let ya know.. wasnt sure if anyone heard of any of those teams, i know htey are like serie c -ish. and if i figure out how to post photos on ths site ill definitely post some pics of our games and the san siro and whatever else.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Very cool, in Florence try to get to the Uffizi Museum, all the great works of art, if you have never been.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome man. Have a great time. I'd love to see some pictures of the San Siro.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pauliec View Post
    the name is meazza not san siro any more. if you are going to root for a fag team like milan at least learn the name of the eff stadium they play in forza NAPOLI

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow! Have a great time...post pics.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gholstons Revenge View Post
    the name is meazza not san siro any more. if you are going to root for a fag team like milan at least learn the name of the eff stadium they play in forza NAPOLI
    Where do you see anything about him rooting for milan in that post?

You're just a ball of sunshine all the time.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DevsJetsYanks88 View Post
    Where do you see anything about him rooting for milan in that post?

You're just a ball of sunshine all the time.
    WHO ARE YOU

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Actually Inter fans call the stadium Guiseppe Meazza while Milan fans call it San Siro.

If you're going to try to bust balls about something at least learn what you're talking about.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Take it easy little buddy

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    Very cool, in Florence try to get to the Uffizi Museum, all the great works of art, if you have never been.
    florence is a beautiful city, it was my second time there. but unfortunately all the museums were closed the day we went there but i have been there before and its something else. not really an art guy but that stuff is awesome

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Turk View Post
    Actually Inter fans call the stadium Guiseppe Meazza while Milan fans call it San Siro.

If you're going to try to bust balls about something at least learn what you're talking about.
    owned

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    im here until the 15th when im all settled in between school and preseason ill definitely post some up. might need some assistance as i have never done it before.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by frickj2 View Post
    im here until the 15th when im all settled in between school and preseason ill definitely post some up. might need some assistance as i have never done it before.
    It's easy, just sign up for a free account on a website like photobucket.com. Upload your pictures from your computer to photobucket, and then paste the image code (a string of text in between these guys [IMG][/IMG]) into the body of a message on here.

Look forward to seeing some pics. Have a great time. I'd also like to hear how these Serie C calcio players are.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's easy, just sign up for a free account on a website like photobucket.com. Upload your pictures from your computer to photobucket, and then paste the image code (a string of text in between these guys [IMG][/IMG]) into the body of a message on here.

Look forward to seeing some pics. Have a great time. I'd also like to hear how these Serie C calcio players are.
    sorry paulie, i had a real busy week and half when i got back, and am still waiting to get my photos from the san siro (my camera died when we got there so my buddy took em for me)

i took a picture in inzaghi's locker, sat in dida's old seat and ronaldinhos seat as well. the feeling was surreal. i was somewhat not surprised but at the same time confused as to why they didnt have onyewu locker.

the serie c team was real good. we lost 6-0 to them. the second game we played was actually a juventus academy whos top squad is mostly serie a playrs who are either recovering from injury or out of contract. according to their coach, if we went a week earlier, i would have been playing against dida. if i evr got to play keeper against him i dont know what id do. they barely tried, and beat us 5-0

lost the last game too, not sure of the score, but it was a development academy. they were young, around 18-20 as well.

we didnt expect winning any of those games, being a division 3 squad, who only traveled with 14 players and 2 more coming of acl surgery. but either way the experience was awesome. ill try in the near future to get the pics up now that im settled in and my off campus apartment finally has internet.