Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: OFFICIAL Thread of the 2010 TB Rays

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

OFFICIAL Thread of the 2010 TB Rays

Well I think I'll start it up this time.

Rays have lost 5 in a row. 2.5 back of the Yanks.

Need to win. Price on the mound to start a 3 game set with the Tigers. Let's sweep the kitties.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have a feeling this thread, as well intentioned as it may be, will wind up where the rest of them did.

Think the Rays can go the remainder of the season without anymore near no-nos?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    I have a feeling this thread, as well intentioned as it may be, will wind up where the rest of them did.

Think the Rays can go the remainder of the season without anymore near no-nos?
    Na, I have that magic touch when I start threads lol.

I would hope so, but I just don't know with this team, they have been extremely bipolar this . And especially with Pena out and our team ice cold, it could happen again very soon.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    What? I'm pretty sure the mods are all fine with me, i've never done anything to piss them off. The point is so that when we want to talk about Rays there doesn't have to be a new thread for every topic/game.

Rays 4-2 bottom 6th. Price pitched well, hit 100 MPH on the gun, but got his pitch count WAY up, so only lasted 5.
    Last edited by Green Jets & Ham; 08-09-2010 at 10:59 PM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Last time I checked, the title of this forum was "Major League Baseball Talk" not "New York Yankee Talk". I'm all for intelligent discussion too, but some of you talk like 5 year olds too.

But like I said, I'm all for level-headed talk around here.
    Last edited by Green Jets & Ham; 08-09-2010 at 11:00 PM.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Jets & Ham View Post
    These threads are only a problem because the same clique keeps piling on and making them a problem.

Having said that, BGnW is a longtime poster at JI and a very nice guy to boot, so he can have his one Rays thread and if anyone has a problem with that then DON'T POST IN IT, cause I can assure you I am not locking and dumping this one like the previous ones ... instead I'll just unload the troublemakers who can't seem to leave certain people alone.

Now in anyone chooses to be a martyr and take one for the team, fine by me, then you'll be the first example.
    Agreed, Ham, BGnW is a good guy.

Agree to disagree with the clique crap. And you didnt unload a certain poster who you told not to post in the Yankee's game day thread.

And he did, knowing you have his back.

Just sayin.

I say this knowing I am at your mercy as a poster here.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BLEEDgreenN'white View Post
    Well I think I'll start it up this time.

Rays have lost 5 in a row. 2.5 back of the Yanks.

Need to win. Price on the mound to start a 3 game set with the Tigers. Let's sweep the kitties.
    BLEED, I was getting worried that tonights W wouldn't have came for a while. We lost some really tough games during those 5 L's. It was tough to watch. Came back from 2 runs down during the 8th and 9th innings, followed by an extra innings loss against the Twins. The next game, we were down 6 heading into the 7th or 8th inning, where we tied up the game... To only lose the game because of the stadium we call a ball park. That loss hurt. Then we got smashed against the Jays during game #2, never seen anything like it... HR after HR was allowed by Shields.

To make things worse, yeah, we won tonight, but Carlos Pena is on the DL and both Niemann and Davis were seen by doctors, both have lower back strains and both could be placed on the 15 day DL. This is bad for the Rays right now. Hellickson gets another start tomorrow, which I'm excited about, but I just hope Niemann isn't sent to the DL with Pena and Balfour.

Tonight was a step in the right direction though, we finially got that win that the team needed in the worst way. Now it's time to see if we can build upon it from here on out.
    Last edited by DefenseWinsChampionships2; 08-09-2010 at 11:21 PM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, hopefully peace is set around here, thanks HAM, appreciate it.

Rays FINALLY snap their 5 game losing streak, 6-3. Offense somewhat woke up.

1.5 back of the Yanks.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DefenseWinsChampionships2 View Post
    BLEED, I was getting worried that tonights W wouldn't have came for a while. We lost some really tough games during those 5 L's. It was tough to watch. Came back from 2 runs down during the 8th and 9th innings, followed by an extra innings loss against the Twins. The next game, we were down 6 heading into the 7th or 8th inning, where we tied up the game... To only lose the game because of the stadium we call a ball park. That loss hurt. Then we got smashed against the Jays during game #2, never seen anything like it... HR after HR was allowed by Shields.

To make things worse, yeah, we won tonight, but Carlos Pena is on the DL and both Niemann and Davis were seen by doctors, both have lower back strains and both could be placed on the 15 day DL. This is bad for the Rays right now. Hellickson gets another start tomorrow, which I'm excited about, but I just hope Niemann isn't sent to the DL with Pena and Balfour.

Tonight was a step in the right direction though, we finially got that win that the team needed in the worst way. Now it's time if we can build upon it from here on out.
    Yep, not a good situation for us right now. Seeing Davis struggling to reach 90 on his fastball was painful to watch, hopefully it's nothing serious, and hope the same for Niemann, he's been having a very good season so far.

Going to have to GRIND OUT these next 3 weeks or so.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yankees should have won that game today, they friggin choked with runners in scoring position
    Yep saw the highlights, bases loaded NO out, AND they take Lester out? Was surprised to see them not get a run there.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am guessing Hellickson will stay up and start?

What does the rotation look like right now?

Price
    Garza
    Shields
    Hellickson..

I saw Neimann was placed on the DL, did they do anything with Davis?

Also, just saw the highlights and WOW, that kid Joyce has power. Every time I see him hit a home run, its a bomb.
    Last edited by Johnny Drama; 08-09-2010 at 11:34 PM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Drama View Post
    I am guessing Hellickson will stay up and start?

What does the rotation look like right now?

Price
    Garza
    Shields
    Hellickson..

I saw Neimann was placed on the DL, did they do anything with Davis?
    I think both were placed on DL.

So the rotation will be more than likely be

Price
    Garza
    Shields
    Hellickson
    Sonnanstine
    Last edited by BleedGnW; 08-09-2010 at 11:38 PM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    If I knew Joyce would be an every day player the rest of the way I would scoop him up in my fantasy league, problem is the Rays have a glut of OFers and there's no telling who will sit on a particular day.
    Yep. Just no room for him to be an everyday player right now. And we will probably be bringing up Desmond Jennings in September, so Joyce may see even less play time. Unfortunate because he really deserves more play time with that kind of power.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    If I knew Joyce would be an every day player the rest of the way I would scoop him up in my fantasy league, problem is the Rays have a glut of OFers and there's no telling who will sit on a particular day.
    Joyce reminds me of Zobrist in 2009... Took a while to crack the starting lineup, but Zobrist was clutch time and time again when having the chance to play 2B or RF. Before we knew it, he was an everyday starter.

Before it's all said and done, Joyce will get alot of playing time this year out in RF and or DH.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DefenseWinsChampionships2 View Post
    Joyce reminds me of Zobrist in 2009... Took a while to crack the starting lineup, but Zobrist was clutch time and time again when having the chance to play 2B or RF. Before we knew it, he was an everyday starter.

Before it's all said and done, Joyce will get alot of playing time this year out in RF and or DH.
    Smart for the Rays, kid has crazy power, Rays have a ton of great outfielders.

You think if they keep Crawford and bring up Jennings, Upton can be used in trade bait?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

You think if they keep Crawford and bring up Jennings, Upton can be used in trade bait?
    Well rumor was he was trade bait during the Cliff Lee frenzy. If Rays can keep Crawford, Upton is a goner for sure.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BLEEDgreenN'white View Post
    I think both were placed on DL.

So the rotation will be more than likely be

Price
    Garza
    Shields
    Hellickson
    Sonnanstine
    How many innings can Price legitimately throw this year? Isn't he on an innings count?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chirorob View Post
    How many innings can Price legitimately throw this year? Isn't he on an innings count?
    Not sure chiro...I think it's Davis that we have on a pitch count. Price has made every scheduled start, going as deep as he can every time.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, if we can keep Crawford (Which our owner does have the money to do so), I'd love to see an OF of Crawford, Upton and Jennings. That defensive outfield would be something special to watch. We'd also have plenty of speed through out the lineup.

If the Rays ever had plans on involving Upton in a trade, it should have been after 2008 when his stock was sky high. Now is not the time to even think about an Upton trade. I'm not sure the Rays would be able to get all that much from Upton as of right now, a player who's struggled year after year.

If we sign Crawford, Carlos Pena would be gone next year and honestly... I'll take Crawford over Pena in a split second.

RF: Desmond Jennings
    LF: Carl Crawford
    3B: Evan Longoria
    1B: Ben Zobrist
    DH: Matt Joyce
    CF: BJ Upton
    C: John Jaso
    SS: Reid Brignac
    2B: Sean Rodriguez

That would be a lineup that would be really young, go through plenty of growing pains, but I feel it could become a solid lineup next season if we A)Keep Crawford and B) Lose Pena.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hellickson is on the verge of making his 2nd career start in less than 30 mins. Cant wait to see how this kid pitches on the road.