Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any ATV owners out there....

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Any ATV owners out there....

Beginner, would like to buy 2 new, not a crazy trail guy yet, 13 and 4 year old kids.

Would be for on and off road use.

Jets Insider VIP
    U plan of having the 4 year old ride with you...or you wanna get a mini for him too?

If it's for you, Kawasaki Prairie 360 is a really great ATV for a beginner adult. Your 14 year old would probably like a Yamaha Raptor 125...250 if you think he's responsible enough.

I almost died on an ATV... good times.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=PlumberKhan;3674730]U plan of having the 4 year old ride with you...or you wanna get a mini for him too?

If it's for you, Kawasaki Prairie 360 is a really great ATV for a beginner adult. Your 14 year old would probably like a Yamaha Raptor 125...250 if you think he's responsible enough.[/QUOTE]

The guy near me is a Polaris dealer..

Was thinking of possibly one "touring" machine for the little one and something slightly more performance oriented for me and the son.

I dont want to buy a mini I will have to sell after a year...these kids grow fast and my daughter is 12 years away from riding on her own....

We have a mixture of mountainy paved roads and some trails by us...

[QUOTE=32green;3674760]The guy near me is a Polaris dealer..

Was thinking of possibly one "touring" machine for the little one and something slightly more performance oriented for me and the son.

I dont want to buy a mini I will have to sell after a year...these kids grow fast and my daughter is 12 years away from riding on her own....

We have a mixture of mountainy paved roads and some trails by us...[/QUOTE]

What are you, some kind of outdoorsman now? Don't try to fill the void left by Timmmy, it's just not worth it.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=Dimitri_0515;3674746]I almost died on an ATV... good times.[/QUOTE]

My dealer told me he delivered a quad last week...and two hours later the customer went over a ravine and died. He said he (the dealer) was also a member of the local Volly's so he travelled with the wife to the hospital in a Helicoptor knowing the guy was gone...and the wife didnt know. What a weird fargin feeling, if you ask me. He sold it, the guy died...now here's his wife....sitting next to him.

:eek:

I trust this guy, just because he was honest enough to tell me this story.:eek:

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=pauliec;3674771]What are you, some kind of outdoorsman now? Don't try to fill the void left by Timmmy, it's just not worth it.[/QUOTE]

I wont be dealing with chickens. I know my limits. Fiery colorful quad disfigurement I can handle. Its a summer home.

Please.

[QUOTE=32green;3674774]My dealer told me he delivered a quad last week...and two hours later the customer went over a ravine and died. He said he (the dealer) was also a member of the local Volly's so he travelled with the wife to the hospital in a Helicoptor knowing the guy was gone...and the wife didnt know. What a weird fargin feeling, if you ask me. He sold it, the guy died...now here's his wife....sitting next to him.

I trust this guy, just because he was honest enough to tell me this story.:eek:[/QUOTE]

Either that or he suckered you in with a really mean lie.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=Dimitri_0515;3674782]Either that or he suckered you in with a really mean lie.[/QUOTE]

Can you imagine? He did have country charm.

I can read inner cities like a book, but these rednecks can aw shucks me to death.

Crap.

[QUOTE=32green;3674802]Can you imagine? He did have country charm.

I can read inner cities like a book, but these rednecks can aw shucks me to death.

Crap.[/QUOTE]

You must've been a big Chad Pennington fan.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=pauliec;3674853]You must've been a big Chad Pennington fan.[/QUOTE]

Its in the record here. Love the man, hate the Jets QB.

First three letters of my license plate....totally random....6 years ago...

ACM.

Still have it.

:D

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=32green;3674760]The guy near me is a Polaris dealer..

Performance oriented...as in more for offroading or more for jumping? If you go with more of an offroading machine, pretty much all of the Polaris machines are big 550 + cc. And they're heavy too...so get the winch, you're not gonna be pulling/pushing that thing out yourself. My best friend has a 500 HO...to squirrelly for me. I don't know about their line up now, but his Polaris is AWD, not 4WD. I've found AWD machines to be a bit troublesome if your taking it through serious mud.

The Kawi 360 I told you about has a cool front differential lock that'll pull you out of just about ANYTHING.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=32green;3674760]

Where? Hempstead Turnpike?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=HDCentStOhio;3675193]Where? Hempstead Turnpike?[/QUOTE]

Lmao....

Pa.

This will turn out well.
    [IMG]http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd130/Cyrilk/four_wheeler_tire.jpg[/IMG]

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Polidore22;3675252]This will turn out well.
    [/QUOTE]

Or this.

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrN0gAuASfg[/url]

[QUOTE=JStokes;3675431]Or this.

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrN0gAuASfg[/url][/QUOTE]

Blocked at work. :mad:

Jets Insider VIP
    LOL. I guess I'm the only person here who rides ATV's. Which isn't stereotypical or anything...being that I live in WNY :O

Schluberator & Gadfly
    [QUOTE=32green;3674774]My dealer told me he delivered a quad last week...and two hours later the customer went over a ravine and died. He said he (the dealer) was also a member of the local Volly's so he travelled with the wife to the hospital in a Helicoptor knowing the guy was gone...and the wife didnt know. What a weird fargin feeling, if you ask me. He sold it, the guy died...now [B]here's his wife[/B]....sitting next to him.

I trust this guy, just because he was honest enough to tell me this story.:eek:[/QUOTE]

Pics please.

Was he comforting the wife? Mebbee, he had an angle all along? (so to speak)

Make sure everyone wears helmets. ALL THE TIME.

I would not bring a 4 year old on an ATV.

ALWAYS supervise the kids when on them. I'd be hesitant to let the 13 year old solo on one.

Hate to be Mr. Killjoy but ATVs are extremely dangerous if not used with proper care and attention, especially for kids.