Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Just got Madden 11 ...its AWESOME!

Veteran
    North Shore of Long Island. East Setauket
    Post Thanks / Like

Just got Madden 11 ...its AWESOME!

Just got the game tonight and its sick anyone else...?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Played the demo, it's pretty good. Better in recent years. Plan to pick it up tomorrow.

Veteran
    North Shore of Long Island. East Setauket
    Post Thanks / Like
    yeah i prorderd it so i just went and picked it up on my way home im playing it now its cool you can do a fantasy drfat in the game during your own season ...which is interesting a fantasy within a fantasy...lol

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [url]http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=215642[/url]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Johnny Bravo;3675836][url]http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=215642[/url][/QUOTE]

This thread discusses a player running a sim, totally different.

Anyway, I plan on picking it up today on the way home from work. I've been playing the demo a bunch and think I've gotten a good feel for the game. Really looking forward to being able to play a team other than the Colts as well as use some other teams.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    i'm gonna wait 'til the "Revis Special Edition" comes out.

it features Darrelle Revis as every player on every team, they're all rated 99.9 across the board, and everyone makes $100 billion dollars.

the game crashes after the first snap, but it's soooooooooooooo worth it :yes:

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Theres some details they changed that I really like. I really liike the stadium music at appropriate times, the new commentator, the ball actually spinning when you throw it, the pre-game cut scenes. I'm not really big on the new d pad pre snap adjustments, but I read their working on a patch for the old adjustment system to be out within a few weeks

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Dirtstar;3676053]i'm gonna wait 'til the "Revis Special Edition" comes out.

it features Darrelle Revis as every player on every team, they're all rated 99.9 across the board, and everyone makes $100 billion dollars.

the game crashes after the first snap, but it's soooooooooooooo worth it :yes:[/QUOTE]

I'm holding out for this version too. :D

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Madden 11... It's like last season but better... but not as good as the ESPN 2K games... yet

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=kdelgado;3676119]Madden 11... It's like last season but better... but not as good as the ESPN 2K games... yet[/QUOTE]

I can proudly say I haven't bought this game in 3 years. I downloaded the demo, I wasn't really that impressed. I'd rather play FIFA or MW2.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=southside;3676134]I can proudly say I haven't bought this game in 3 years. I downloaded the demo, I wasn't really that impressed. I'd rather play FIFA or MW2.[/QUOTE]

FIFA is how you move a franchise forward. Just a game where the developer knows where and how to get better. Madden is however, a tradition for most so no matter how mediocre it is people will buy it and act like it's great.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Green&White51;3676056]Theres some details they changed that I really like. I really liike the stadium music at appropriate times, the new commentator, the ball actually spinning when you throw it, the pre-game cut scenes. I'm not really big on the new d pad pre snap adjustments, but I read their working on a patch for the old adjustment system to be out within a few weeks[/QUOTE]

Yep, the patch will be here when the regular season starts.

I found it strange that despite some players being signed weeks ago by new teams, they are still on the free agent wire. Guys like Flozell Adams, Laveranues Coles and Keith Bulluck among others.

Granted, I love Madden and buy it every year just for the new players, but I'm not that fanatical where every little change drives me nuts like some of the maniacs on the intergoogles.
    Last edited by RageATL; 08-10-2010 at 09:34 PM.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=kdelgado;3676165]FIFA is how you move a franchise forward. Just a game where the developer knows where and how to get better. Madden is however, a tradition for most so no matter how mediocre it is people will buy it and act like it's great.[/QUOTE]

I don't disagree with this. The game has taken on a cult following and the media basks in it. On TV last week I saw some kind of pro-am flag football tournament sponsored by Madden, and the everyone in the crowd got an advanced copy of the new game. And they all clapped like trained seals.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Liked the demo, but I'm a bit skint at the minute so I think I'll wait a while to get it.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=southside;3676134]I can proudly say I haven't bought this game in 3 years. I downloaded the demo, I wasn't really that impressed. I'd rather play FIFA or MW2.[/QUOTE]

+1

Madden '05 is the last time I bought that game. I got sick of it then and still to this day have never had the urge to play that game. If I'm playing a sports game, I'll go with MLB The Show, FIFA, or NHL.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yea so if you win the Super Bowl, they actually show the team at the White House and they have Obama receiving a jersey with his name on the back. :rolleyes:

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Dimitri_0515;3702297]Yea so if you win the Super Bowl, they actually show the team at the White House and they have Obama receiving a jersey with his name on the back. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

no spoiler alert!?!

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    This one goes to eleben?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Banks81;3702334]no spoiler alert!?![/QUOTE]

Pretty widely reported if you've read any reviews of the game.