Thread: "Take this job and shove it"......

Veteran

"Take this job and shove it"......

A JetBlue flight attendant got into an argument with a passenger on a jetliner arriving at [URL="http://content.usatoday.com/topics/topic/John+F.+Kennedy+International+Airport"]John F. Kennedy International Airport[/URL] on Monday, cursed the passenger, grabbed a beer from the galley and then deployed an emergency exit slide and fled the plane, authorities said

[url]http://www.usatoday.com/travel/flights/2010-08-09-jetblue-flight-attendant-arrested_N.htm?csp=usat.me[/url]

lol, as wrong as this may be, it takes a special kind of ******* to seriously push tbe buttons of people who are in the service industry...

I'm not talking about the flight attendant, i'm talking about the guy who was so stuck up that he couldn't offer a simple apology for his baggage falling on the attendants head. Not to mention, it says "as the plane was landing" which means the seatbelt sign was probably still on so he shouldn't have been taking anything down from the overhead compartments anyways.
    Last edited by greenwichjetfan; 08-10-2010 at 08:47 AM.

[QUOTE=greenwichjetfan;3675251]lol, as wrong as this may be, it takes a special kind of ******* to seriously push tbe buttons of people who are in the service industry...

I'm not talking about the flight attendant, i'm talking about the guy who was so stuck up that he couldn't offer a simple apology for his baggage falling on the attendants head. Not to mention, it says "as the plane was landing" which means the seatbelt sign was probably still on so he shouldn't have been taking anything down from the overhead compartments anyways.[/QUOTE]

I was once on a BA flight where a woman was arguing with the attendant so violently (the reason being of course that they - unconscionably - ran out of diet coke at the end of a transatlantic flight) that the air marshal had to intervene. The existence of such people keeps me from having a great love of humanity as a whole.

All League
    this story is awesome. Apparently the guy went home and the police came (no pun intended) while he was plowing his boyfriend.

I've also heard that it costs $20,000 to use one of those inflatable exit slides and they are 'one-time use'.

I say they should drop the charges. He is a recovering alcoholic and just snapped. He didn't flip out and kill anyone, he handled the situation relatively well.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Gotta say, I would have been hysterical larfing at the sight of this guy sliding down the emergency slide with a beer in his hand.

:D

That being said, no more bigger doosh nozzles than "professional" airline passengers who think they are winning the rat race by using overstuffed carry on's rather than real luggage they might have to wait for at the terminal.

Trying to maintain order on what has pretty much been reduced to a Greyhound bus operation has to be a thankless job.

This guy [I]may[/I] have overreacted.:D

No better feeling (at least in the moment), than walking off a crap job in mid-shift. Most jobs don't come equipt with beer and an inflatable slide to make that extra cool exit though... Admitedly the mid-shift walk out usually doesn't feel quite so cool the following day.

Would have been cooler if the incident happened in mid-flight and the dude grabbed a beer and a parachute and jumped out the emergency exit.

[QUOTE=Roger Vick;3675289]Would have been cooler if the incident happened in mid-flight and the dude grabbed a beer and a parachute and jumped out the emergency exit.[/QUOTE]

It would have been cooler if it happened in mid-flight and the dude grabbed a beer and a parachute and jumped out the emergency exit into the ocean where there was a speedboat and a hot biddie waiting to take him to a remote, unmapped island. And a bag of doritos.

[QUOTE=greenwichjetfan;3675291]It would have been cooler if it happened in mid-flight and the dude grabbed a beer and a parachute and jumped out the emergency exit into the ocean where there was a speedboat and a hot biddie waiting to take him to a remote, unmapped island. And a bag of doritos.[/QUOTE]

LOL

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=titanbuoy;3675281]No better feeling (at least in the moment), than walking off a crap job in mid-shift. Most jobs don't come equipt with beer and an inflatable slide to make that extra cool exit though... Admitedly the mid-shift walk out usually doesn't feel quite so cool the following day.[/QUOTE]

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuBRk6tjiUQ[/url]

[QUOTE=Banks81;3675263]this story is awesome. Apparently the guy went home and the police came (no pun intended) [b]while he was plowing his boyfriend.[/b]

I've also heard that it costs $20,000 to use one of those inflatable exit slides and they are 'one-time use'.

I say they should drop the charges. He is a recovering alcoholic and just snapped. He didn't flip out and kill anyone, he handled the situation relatively well.[/QUOTE]

Out one exit and right into another :eek:

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Banks81;3675263]this story is awesome. Apparently the guy went home and the police came (no pun intended) while he was plowing his boyfriend.

[/QUOTE]

yipeecayoh muther****er

[QUOTE=32green;3675266]Gotta say, I would have been hysterical larfing at the sight of this guy sliding down the emergency slide with a beer in his hand.

[/QUOTE]

yipeecayoh muther****er

lol, this guy is the gay Bruce Willis!

JetsInsider.com Legend
    i thought this was gonna be jetswin farewell thread. :(

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=FF2;3675560]i thought this was gonna be jetswin farewell thread. :([/QUOTE]
    lol...I'm on vacation, everyone better still be around next week when I get back to work:D

What happened to the passenger that broke the law by getting out of his seat before the plane stopped and caused his luggage to hit the FA?

Of course he doesn't receive any reprimand or penalty.....

You know this FA has had to endure this crap and disrespect 100s, if not 1000s of times the past X years.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=LIDeadHead;3675451]Out one exit and right into another :eek:[/QUOTE]

dude....:P