Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 152

Thread: Yankees vs. Royals @ Kauffman Stadium

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    31,171
    Post Thanks / Like

    Yankees vs. Royals @ Kauffman Stadium

    NEW YORK YANKEES VS. KANSAS CITY ROYALS

    ............

    Thursday: CC Sabathia, LHP (14-5, 3.14 ERA) vs. Bruce Chen, LHP (7-5, 4.44 ERA)

    Friday: Dustin Moseley, RHP (2-1, 3.86 ERA) vs. Kyle Davies, RHP (5-7, 5.21 ERA)

    Saturday: Phil Hughes, RHP (13-5, 3.92 ERA) vs. Sean O'Sullivan, RHP (1-3, 5.05 ERA)

    Sunday: A.J. Burnett, RHP (9-9, 4.87 ERA) vs. Brian Bannister, RHP (7-11, 5.95 ERA)
    Last edited by Tyler Durden; 08-12-2010 at 01:29 PM.

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    31,171
    Post Thanks / Like
    We miss Zack Greinke again. He pitched today.

  3. #3
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    368
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    NEW YORK YANKEES VS. KANSAS CITY ROYALS

    ............

    Thursday: CC Sabathia, LHP (14-5, 3.14 ERA) vs. Bruce Chen, LHP (7-5, 4.44 ERA)

    Friday: Dustin Moseley, RHP (2-1, 3.86 ERA) vs. Kyle Davies, RHP (5-7, 5.21 ERA)

    Saturday: Phil Hughes, RHP (13-5, 3.92 ERA) vs. Sean O'Sullivan, RHP (1-3, 5.05)

    Sunday: A.J. Burnett, RHP (9-9, 4.87 ERA) vs. Bryan Bullington, RHP (0-2, 4.85)
    im feeling 3 out of 4, especially if Moseley can keep it up....sweep if burnett pitches well

  4. #4
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Medford,NY
    Posts
    2,144
    Post Thanks / Like
    3 out of 4, and 8 out of 11 in the next 3 series.....NO EXCUSES!!!!!! You gotta beat up on these mediocre teams!

  5. #5
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    North Jersey
    Posts
    7,526
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, we really lucked out missing Greinke yet again in a 4 game series. Hopefully the Yanks can take 3 out of 4.

  6. #6
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    8,129
    Post Thanks / Like
    Red Sox just choked one away in the 9th.

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    31,171
    Post Thanks / Like
    Daniel Bard should take over, Papelbon is not as good as he use to be...

  8. #8
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    North Jersey
    Posts
    7,526
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice, Papel***** got smacked around.

  9. #9
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    The depths of Despair.
    Posts
    39,558
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Polidore22 View Post
    Red Sox just choked one away in the 9th.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    Daniel Bard should take over, Papelbon is not as good as he use to be...
    Bard did take over from Paps...and gave up the sac fly.


  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    31,171
    Post Thanks / Like
    Only 3 more home stands people.

    REMAINING SCHEDULE:

    4 @ Kansas City
    4 vs. Detroit
    3 vs. Seattle

    3 @ Toronto
    3 @ Chicago
    4 vs. Oakland
    3 vs. Toronto
    3 vs. Baltimore

    3 @ Texas
    3 @ Tampa Bay
    3 @ Baltimore
    4 vs. Tampa Bay
    3 vs. Boston

    3 @ Toronto
    3 @ Boston

    9 vs. Toronto (3 home/6 away)
    7 vs. Tampa Bay (4 home/3 away)
    6 vs. Boston (3 home/3 away)
    6 vs. Baltimore (3 home/3 away)
    3 vs. Texas (0 home/3 away)
    4 vs. Kansas City (0 home/4 away)
    4 vs. Detroit (4 home/0 away)
    4 vs. Oakland (4 home/0 away)
    3 vs. Seattle (3 home/0 away)
    3 vs. Chicago (0 home/3 away)

    49 games left (24 home/25 away)

    After 113 games, Yankees are 70-43
    Last edited by Tyler Durden; 08-12-2010 at 03:59 PM.

  11. #11
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    12,185
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you Johnny Paplebon for yet another disastrous 9th inning
    Last edited by JonEJet; 08-12-2010 at 04:29 PM.

  12. #12
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Medford,NY
    Posts
    2,144
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    Only 3 more home stands people.

    REMAINING SCHEDULE:

    4 @ Kansas City
    4 vs. Detroit
    3 vs. Seattle

    3 @ Toronto
    3 @ Chicago
    4 vs. Oakland
    3 vs. Toronto
    3 vs. Baltimore

    3 @ Texas
    3 @ Tampa Bay
    3 @ Baltimore
    4 vs. Tampa Bay
    3 vs. Boston

    3 @ Toronto
    3 @ Boston

    9 vs. Toronto (3 home/6 away)
    7 vs. Tampa Bay (4 home/3 away)
    6 vs. Boston (3 home/3 away)
    6 vs. Baltimore (3 home/3 away)
    3 vs. Texas (0 home/3 away)
    4 vs. Kansas City (0 home/4 away)
    4 vs. Detroit (4 home/0 away)
    4 vs. Oakland (4 home/0 away)
    3 vs. Seattle (3 home/0 away)
    3 vs. Chicago (0 home/3 away)

    49 games left (24 home/25 away)

    After 113 games, Yankees are 70-43
    This is the "grind it out" part of the season and the dog days of summer. The ball players are probably sore and sick and tired of the traveling and getting into hotels at 3am. In about 2 weeks the September call-ups will be here and that should help spell a few guys.
    I expect the Yankees to go 35-14 in these last 49 games.

  13. #13
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    6,318
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cool Papa B. View Post
    This is the "grind it out" part of the season and the dog days of summer. The ball players are probably sore and sick and tired of the traveling and getting into hotels at 3am. In about 2 weeks the September call-ups will be here and that should help spell a few guys.
    I expect the Yankees to go 35-14 in these last 49 games.
    35-14 is a bit ambitious, but I'll take it

  14. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    31,171
    Post Thanks / Like
    Derek Jeter SS
    Nick Swisher RF
    Mark Teixeira 1B
    Alex Rodriguez 3B
    Robinson Cano 2B
    Marcus Thames DH
    Austin Kearns LF
    Curtis Granderson CF
    Francisco Cervelli C

  15. #15
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    8,487
    Post Thanks / Like
    Example of why errors tell you nothing about defense... That's a play a ML SS should make.

  16. #16
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    368
    Post Thanks / Like
    i cringe everytime the balls hit to center, anticipating what kind of route granderson decides to take to the ball :/

  17. #17
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    802
    Post Thanks / Like
    Austin Kearns is turning into a solid pick up. Nice work Cashman

  18. #18
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    3,028
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    Only 3 more home stands people.

    REMAINING SCHEDULE:

    4 @ Kansas City
    4 vs. Detroit
    3 vs. Seattle

    3 @ Toronto
    3 @ Chicago
    4 vs. Oakland
    3 vs. Toronto
    3 vs. Baltimore

    3 @ Texas
    3 @ Tampa Bay
    3 @ Baltimore
    4 vs. Tampa Bay
    3 vs. Boston

    3 @ Toronto
    3 @ Boston

    9 vs. Toronto (3 home/6 away)
    7 vs. Tampa Bay (4 home/3 away)
    6 vs. Boston (3 home/3 away)
    6 vs. Baltimore (3 home/3 away)
    3 vs. Texas (0 home/3 away)
    4 vs. Kansas City (0 home/4 away)
    4 vs. Detroit (4 home/0 away)
    4 vs. Oakland (4 home/0 away)
    3 vs. Seattle (3 home/0 away)
    3 vs. Chicago (0 home/3 away)

    49 games left (24 home/25 away)

    After 113 games, Yankees are 70-43
    little nervous playing the Blue Jays 9 times.They have given us a hard time this year

  19. #19
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    802
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    Only 3 more home stands people.

    REMAINING SCHEDULE:

    4 @ Kansas City
    4 vs. Detroit
    3 vs. Seattle

    3 @ Toronto
    3 @ Chicago
    4 vs. Oakland
    3 vs. Toronto
    3 vs. Baltimore

    3 @ Texas
    3 @ Tampa Bay
    3 @ Baltimore
    4 vs. Tampa Bay
    3 vs. Boston

    3 @ Toronto
    3 @ Boston

    9 vs. Toronto (3 home/6 away) 5-4
    7 vs. Tampa Bay (4 home/3 away) 4-3
    6 vs. Boston (3 home/3 away) 4-2
    6 vs. Baltimore (3 home/3 away) 4-2
    3 vs. Texas (0 home/3 away) 1-2
    4 vs. Kansas City (0 home/4 away) 3-1
    4 vs. Detroit (4 home/0 away) 3-1
    4 vs. Oakland (4 home/0 away) 3-1
    3 vs. Seattle (3 home/0 away) 2-1
    3 vs. Chicago (0 home/3 away) 1-2

    49 games left (24 home/25 away) 30-19

    After 113 games, Yankees are 70-43
    100-62 is my prediction

  20. #20
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Medford,NY
    Posts
    2,144
    Post Thanks / Like
    Through 3 innings CC I think has thrown just 2 change ups and no curveballs or slider. He's thrown just fastballs. Wonder what his strategy is behind that.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us