Thread: Public Service Announcement

Public Service Announcement

If you are barbecuing on the beach this summer, please either remove or fully extinguish your hot coals. DO NOT bury them in the sand. Sand traps heat, and if you bury the coals too close to the surface, innocent passers-by can severely burn their feet. This is a lesson that I would have preferred that my 4-year old daughter did not learn first hand at the beach this weekend. :steamin:

[IMG]http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2008/02/nbc_the_more_you_know.jpg [/IMG].

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=AFCEastFan;3680366]If you are barbecuing on the beach this summer, please either remove or fully extinguish your hot coals. DO NOT bury them in the sand. Sand traps heat, and if you bury the coals too close to the surface, innocent passers-by can severely burn their feet. This is a lesson that I would have preferred that my 4-year old daughter did not learn first hand at the beach this weekend. :steamin:

[IMG]http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2008/02/nbc_the_more_you_know.jpg [/IMG].[/QUOTE]

Crap, is she OK?

The Dr. prolly thought you were training her to be a Swami.

:D

Seriously, I have a 4 year old girl too, and that would break my heart to see her hurt like that.

[QUOTE=AFCEastFan;3680366]If you are barbecuing on the beach this summer, please either remove or fully extinguish your hot coals. DO NOT bury them in the sand. Sand traps heat, and if you bury the coals too close to the surface, innocent passers-by can severely burn their feet. This is a lesson that I would have preferred that my 4-year old daughter did not learn first hand at the beach this weekend. :steamin:

[/QUOTE]

:eek: :eek:

i'm not a father yet, but i can't imagine how pissed off you must be :mad: :mad:

i really hope your little girl is OK.

Jets Insider VIP
    I hope your daughter wasn't too seriously hurt and starts feeling better.

On a related note, if you find the guy, some face-punching is definitely in order!:mad:

That's awful, AFC. I hope she's feeling better and not too terribly burned.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

[IMG]http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2008/02/nbc_the_more_you_know.jpg [/IMG].[/QUOTE]

Damn....that's not funny at all. I had much higher hopes for this thread in the humor category.

I hope she has a quick, speedy recovery, AFC - I can imagine she's in a lot of discomfort right now, even if its a short term thing.

There are few things worse than watching your child in pain. If you are in the NYC area, I'll bring Jonah (my avatar) by to hit on her - he's 3 and loves older chicks. ;)

Thanks for the kind words, everyone. Her feet are a nasty-looking mess right now (dead skin, huge puss-filled blisters, etc.) but thankfully they are "only" second degree burns, so the treatment is straightforward and a full recovery is expected.

[QUOTE=crasherino;3680792]

There are few things worse than watching your child in pain. If you are in the NYC area, I'll bring Jonah (my avatar) by to hit on her - he's 3 and loves older chicks. ;)[/QUOTE]

Crash, you got that right. This is the first injury any of my kids has suffered that could not be cured by a kiss and a band-aid. My daughter was much tougher than I was about the whole thing. I was an emotional wreck, and the 15 minute drive to the ER seemed like it took several hours.

My daughter is 4 going on 14, so I am already starting to dread the potential rif-raff in her dating future. Jonah would be a great future fix-up though -- he is adorable plus I'm sure he has a good head on his shoulders. :D

That sucks..... take her for some ice cream.

Pi$$es me off, the lack of care many people have for others.

[QUOTE=crasherino;3680792]Damn....that's not funny at all. I had much higher hopes for this thread in the humor category.

I hope she has a quick, speedy recovery, AFC - I can imagine she's in a lot of discomfort right now, even if its a short term thing.

There are few things worse than watching your child in pain. If you are in the NYC area, I'll bring Jonah (my avatar) by to hit on her - he's 3 and loves older chicks. ;)[/QUOTE]

That helped lighten it up a little.

All League
    Second degree burns are excruciating for an adult let alone a young child. I'm glad to hear she is doing better. Is she old enough to talk you into two a day ice creams to aid in her recovery?

My then seven year old daughter had minor surgery a few years ago- I couldn't buy her enough while she was recovering.:)

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

[QUOTE=AFCEastFan;3680802]Thanks for the kind words, everyone. Her feet are a nasty-looking mess right now (dead skin, huge puss-filled blisters, etc.) but thankfully [B]they are "only" second degree burns, so the treatment is straightforward and a full recovery is expected.[/B][/QUOTE]

Glad to hear it.

Jets Insider VIP
    Wow.. that blows. Just had my 3 yr old on the beach the other day and that never occurred to me that people could be so friggin' stupid.

Hope she feels better.

Schluberator & Gadfly
    [QUOTE=AFCEastFan;3680810]Crash, you got that right. This is the first injury any of my kids has suffered that could not be cured by a kiss and a band-aid. My daughter was much tougher than I was about the whole thing. I was an emotional wreck, and the 15 minute drive to the ER seemed like it took several hours.

My daughter is 4 going on 14, so I am already starting to dread the potential rif-raff in her dating future. Jonah would be a great future fix-up though -- he is adorable plus I'm sure he has a good head on his shoulders. :D[/QUOTE]

Glad to hear she's gonna be alright. I have two daughters, 20 and 14, so if you need any advice on what's comin' let me know.

And NO the rest of you slimeballs won't see any pics, so don't even ask!!!!!!

Sorry to hear about that.

What ****ing retard thinks simply burying hot coals under a little bit of sand with extinguish it? Christ they're right near a lake/ocean with a ****load of water available to put it out. :bangwall:

Schluberator & Gadfly
    [QUOTE=Charlie Don't Surf;3681871]Sorry to hear about that.

What ****ing retard thinks simply burying hot coals under a little bit of sand with extinguish it? Christ they're right near a lake/ocean with a ****load of water available to put it out. :bangwall:[/QUOTE]

Humans. How in the fuk did we get attop the food chain?

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=chesapeakejet;3681912]Humans. How in the fuk did we get attop the food chain?[/QUOTE]

opposable thumbs.

...hope your young-un' is doin' OK, ya damn patsie, AFC.