Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Help me, TOP 5s for 2010

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    A good sleeper RB, Mario Fannin of Auburn.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Woody56 View Post
    potentially a terrific player...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Woody56 View Post
    Nationally, yes. SEC guys have expected him to destroy for a couple years now.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Come Back to NY View Post
    great size but hands of stone....

want a really good sleeper for the Jets?? Christian Ballard/DL/Iowa....would take him over hayward in a second...
    remember where you heard this folks- Ballard is going to be a tremendous NFLer...

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    remember where you heard this folks- Ballard is going to be a tremendous NFLer...
    almost single-handedly responsible for that goal line stand...oh well, so much for the sleeper status...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    almost single-handedly responsible for that goal line stand...oh well, so much for the sleeper status...
    You were right about Mike Pouncey. Add another to your point total over me.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Jets have had a scout at 4/5 of Iowa's games so far this season. You think Ballard is the main attraction there for them instead of Clayborn?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    for my money, Gabe Carimi and Lee Ziemba are the 2 best draft elig tackles in the country. (it's a fairly weak crop).

other players may be more highly ranked or regarded but these guys do the job.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by King Koopa View Post
    Chris Culliver is playing CB this season....He could be really good here IMO
    would any1 be surprised if the Jets went cornerback again? I wouldn't.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    for my money, Gabe Carimi and Lee Ziemba are the 2 best draft elig tackles in the country. (it's a fairly weak crop).

other players may be more highly ranked or regarded but these guys do the job.
    In the process of evaluating OT's...takes me a little bit since I hate watching the Big 10.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gangGREENinsider View Post
    In the process of evaluating OT's...takes me a little bit since I hate watching the Big 10.
    the sec has some guys (bob massie ole miss, xavier nixon florida, tyler love, bama, dj fluker bama, jawan james tennessee) but they are years away.

derrek sharrod miss state is the big name but i don't know how great he is... compared to how high he will likely be drafted.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    the sec has some guys (bob massie ole miss, xavier nixon florida, tyler love, bama, dj fluker bama, jawan james tennessee) but they are years away.

derrek sharrod miss state is the big name but i don't know how great he is... compared to how high he will likely be drafted.
    I'm evaluating he, Love, and Barskdale right now.

Nixon was god awful vs. Bama. Got pulled at halftime. And Fluker's a fat ass...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    there's James Carpenter on Bama, not sure why no one's talked about him yet but he seems like a player to me

http://www.rolltide.com/sports/m-foo...r_james00.html

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm very anti-Julio Jones. I personally think he is going to be a bust. Bad hands, no head. Overrated because he's from Bama.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Ro 25 View Post
    I'm very anti-Julio Jones. I personally think he is going to be a bust. Bad hands, no head. Overrated because he's from Bama.
    I'm not a Julio fan either, but as it currently stands, he has to be in play for the Jets in the late 20s.

Too much upside, and the Jets can afford to go boom-or-bust with their current talent level.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not a Julio fan either, but as it currently stands, he has to be in play for the Jets in the late 20s.

Too much upside, and the Jets can afford to go boom-or-bust with their current talent level.
    if we are talking Jets draft choice... in the first two rounds... it's gotta be a pass rusher... besides Ellis/Jenks/Taylor getting old... looking at this DE crop there are at least 3 beasts who are seniors and fit the Jets well (Clayborn, Heyward, Bailey) plus Robert Quinn who is another beast, and Ryan Kerrigan who could be a Chris Long type. Even Christian Ballard could be a late first rounder for a 3-4 team. it sounds nutty but Marcel Dareus could be a 2nd rounder with all these prototypes around. Jarrell Powe too. Stephen Paea could be a 3rd rounder in this draft.

this has to be the reason they didn't go more aggressively after an Odrick or Alualu... this year's DL crop is awesome.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm evaluating he, Love, and Barskdale right now.

Nixon was god awful vs. Bama. Got pulled at halftime. And Fluker's a fat ass...
    thumbs down on both....Barksdale looked really good in '08, better than Ciron Black (not saying much) but his game as taken a step back...

Love is overrated...barksdale and love had the same problem- they are both on the ground too much...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I LOVE Iowa's defensive line.

What do you all think about Mike Martin - Michigan's one exceptional defensive player?

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    if we are talking Jets draft choice... in the first two rounds... it's gotta be a pass rusher... besides Ellis/Jenks/Taylor getting old... looking at this DE crop there are at least 3 beasts who are seniors and fit the Jets well (Clayborn, Heyward, Bailey) plus Robert Quinn who is another beast, and Ryan Kerrigan who could be a Chris Long type. Even Christian Ballard could be a late first rounder for a 3-4 team. it sounds nutty but Marcel Dareus could be a 2nd rounder with all these prototypes around. Jarrell Powe too. Stephen Paea could be a 3rd rounder in this draft.

this has to be the reason they didn't go more aggressively after an Odrick or Alualu... this year's DL crop is awesome.
    Akeem Ayers from UCLA and Jeremy Beal from OU are some other pass rushers that I like as well. Seems like Ayers could end up going top 15-20, if he keeps his hot play of late up. On the other hand Von Miller's stock seems to be tanking, but I'm sure folks will bring up his ankle injury as the reason for his poor play so far which includes no sacks and tackles for loss.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    fyi here are my top 64 seniors ranked regardless of position

http://www.draftdaddy.com/2011_senior_rank.pdf

any feedback welcome