Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 35

Thread: Should Cashman call about Damon?

  1. #1

    Should Cashman call about Damon?

    Would everyone be happy if the Yankees ask the Tigers about Damon? I mean he's proven obviously he can play in NY, and we obviously still NEED a bat. Do we call and try for a trade? Or do you just hope for the best with this season? It's not over for the Yankees yet, but I don't feel good with where we are right now and the line up the way it is. With Berkman we still don't have a DH.... Just saying. Damon could occasionally play left and give Gardy a night off, or Granderson while the main role for him would be as DH.

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    St.Pete, FL
    Posts
    6,100
    What happened with the trade of Berkman? I remember Yankee fans calling it one hell of a move. Plenty of Yankee fans really believed that he'd take them "over the top".

    Like I was saying before the trade, it was obvious that Berkman was a player on a serious decline, his numbers were the lowest since his rookie season, AL pitching is just way too tough as of right now, he's new to the league, has never played the role of a DH and Adam Dunn was the player every team really wanted out of the DH position.

    Yankee fans didn't wanna hear it, but it was obvious that Berkman was on the verge of becoming Pat Burrell pt.2 once coming over to the American League. As we all know, New York isn't Houston; Not all players can handle the pressure of playing in New York. It's obvious that Berkman cant.

    As far as this thread goes... Damon would be a solid addition, but I thought the trade deadline was over? It would be tough for the Yankees to pull of a trade as of right now.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by DefenseWinsChampionships2 View Post

    As far as this thread goes... Damon would be a solid addition, but I thought the trade deadline was over? It would be tough for the Yankees to pull of a trade as of right now.
    waiver wire makes it fairly easy to make trades in august, Jose Guillen just got traded to the giants, ever hear of Larry Walker going to the cardinals in '06?

    but yeah i would love damon, dont think the tigers would do it though there not fully out of the race yet

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    St.Pete, FL
    Posts
    6,100
    Quote Originally Posted by chrebetCT1192 View Post
    waiver wire makes it fairly easy to make trades in august, Jose Guillen just got traded to the giants, ever hear of Larry Walker going to the cardinals in '06?

    but yeah i would love damon, dont think the tigers would do it though there not fully out of the race yet
    I'm pretty sure a team below the Yankees would try and block a trade of the Yankees getting Damon.

    As far as the Tigers go? Pretty much a zero chance of them making the playoffs. They are out of the race. 3 games below .500, 10 1/2 games back of the red hot Twins for the AL Central and a full 14 games back of the Wildcard.

    Put it this way... The Blue Jays would have a better chance of either winning the East or making the WC. I cant picture that happening, but at least the Jays are a winning team, 7 games above .500 in a tough AL East and 9 games back of the WC spot.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by DefenseWinsChampionships2 View Post
    I'm pretty sure a team below the Yankees would try and block a trade of the Yankees getting Damon.

    As far as the Tigers go? Pretty much a zero chance of them making the playoffs. They are out of the race. 3 games below .500, 10 1/2 games back of the red hot Twins for the AL Central and a full 14 games back of the Wildcard.

    Put it this way... The Blue Jays would have a better chance of either winning the East or making the WC. I cant picture that happening, but at least the Jays are a winning team, 7 games above .500 in a tough AL East and 9 games back of the WC spot.
    damnnnn i had no idea they were that far back nice stats though

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by DefenseWinsChampionships2 View Post
    What happened with the trade of Berkman? I remember Yankee fans calling it one hell of a move. Plenty of Yankee fans really believed that he'd take them "over the top".

    Like I was saying before the trade, it was obvious that Berkman was a player on a serious decline, his numbers were the lowest since his rookie season, AL pitching is just way too tough as of right now, he's new to the league, has never played the role of a DH and Adam Dunn was the player every team really wanted out of the DH position.

    Yankee fans didn't wanna hear it, but it was obvious that Berkman was on the verge of becoming Pat Burrell pt.2 once coming over to the American League. As we all know, New York isn't Houston; Not all players can handle the pressure of playing in New York. It's obvious that Berkman cant.

    As far as this thread goes... Damon would be a solid addition, but I thought the trade deadline was over? It would be tough for the Yankees to pull of a trade as of right now.

    Are you forgetting when you called the Berkman addition 'a solid move"?



    Your full of it. Berkman has played in less than 20 games with the team. Burrell was terrible for at least a year.

  7. #7
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Medford,NY
    Posts
    2,144
    Quote Originally Posted by C. Pennington View Post
    Would everyone be happy if the Yankees ask the Tigers about Damon? I mean he's proven obviously he can play in NY, and we obviously still NEED a bat. Do we call and try for a trade? Or do you just hope for the best with this season? It's not over for the Yankees yet, but I don't feel good with where we are right now and the line up the way it is. With Berkman we still don't have a DH.... Just saying. Damon could occasionally play left and give Gardy a night off, or Granderson while the main role for him would be as DH.
    No!

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    St.Pete, FL
    Posts
    6,100
    Quote Originally Posted by chrebetCT1192 View Post
    damnnnn i had no idea they were that far back nice stats though
    Yeah, injuries has killed the Tigers season and it's a shame... They could have, and were actually serious contenders out of the Central.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by DefenseWinsChampionships2 View Post
    What happened with the trade of Berkman? I remember Yankee fans calling it one hell of a move. Plenty of Yankee fans really believed that he'd take them "over the top".

    Like I was saying before the trade, it was obvious that Berkman was a player on a serious decline, his numbers were the lowest since his rookie season, AL pitching is just way too tough as of right now, he's new to the league, has never played the role of a DH and Adam Dunn was the player every team really wanted out of the DH position.

    Yankee fans didn't wanna hear it, but it was obvious that Berkman was on the verge of becoming Pat Burrell pt.2 once coming over to the American League. As we all know, New York isn't Houston; Not all players can handle the pressure of playing in New York. It's obvious that Berkman cant.

    As far as this thread goes... Damon would be a solid addition, but I thought the trade deadline was over? It would be tough for the Yankees to pull of a trade as of right now.
    The day the trade was completed you called it a good move on the Yankees part, so this concludes yet another episode of you spewing "I told you so" bull**** gone bad.

  10. #10
    DWC needs to stay out of all YANKEE threads..what a troll..

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by gqxluvx View Post
    DWC needs to stay out of all YANKEE threads..what a troll..
    I thought he was told too? Anyways I think he should stay out of baseball threads, hes clueless about the sport and is way worse than any Pats troll that came on this board. Funny how he got owned by a Yankees fan knowing more about the Rays than himself, whats worse is the disappear act after it where he just pretends like the moment never happened.
    Last edited by k.Rhodes25; 08-16-2010 at 01:36 PM.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by gqxluvx View Post
    DWC needs to stay out of all YANKEE threads..what a troll..
    He's a Yankee fan. His siggy says so.

  13. #13
    I think if there is a way to get him sometime between now and post season, they should give it a shot, otherwise maybe pull him in for a one year deal next year as a DH. JMO.

  14. #14
    No. He had his chance and he screwed it up.

  15. #15
    Damon's having a down year, only seven homers!

  16. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    9,157
    Quote Originally Posted by C. Pennington View Post
    I think if there is a way to get him sometime between now and post season, they should give it a shot, otherwise maybe pull him in for a one year deal next year as a DH. JMO.
    I think the Yankees will sign either Damon or Matsui to a one year deal next off-season to be our DH next year after they say bye bye to Nick Johnson.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffWeaverFan View Post
    No. He had his chance and he screwed it up.
    Both ends screwed it up, he should've taken a one year deal, but the Yankees shouldn't have turned him away at the end. Nick Johnson is not Johnny Damon...

  18. #18

  19. #19
    SI_JonHeyman
    I believe the Tigers would let Damon go at this point if no trade can be worked out.

  20. #20
    Joelsherman1
    Red Sox claimed Damon, but he does have a no-trade clause to Boston

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us