Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's cooking for tonite's game?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

What's cooking for tonite's game?

Probably leaving my house, heading down to the stadium at about 6:15 or so with my older daughter, so rather than tailgate at the stadium, invited my brother and his sopne to my house for a pre-game BBQ, some beer and some swimming (although the weather may curtail some of the swimming part). They are showing up at 2:00.

Been planning this menu for weeks:

-Brined two huge pork loins yesterday, will slow grill them and glaze them at the end--one with molasses and dijon mustard, one with a Mongolian glaze (hoisin sauce, black bean and chili paste, minced garlic, scallions, tamari soy sauce, brown sugar, sherry vinegar, rice vinegar, fresh cilantro, fresh grated ginger, sesame oil, hot pepper sauce)

-Sausage, Italian Frying Peppers and Vidalia Onions on crusty Portuguese rolls

-Home made Quacamole

-Burgers and dogs for the rest of the crew (all my kids that are NOT going to the game) :D

Have an ice chest packed full with Naraganset in pint cans, Red Stripe and Spaten

Can not WAIT!!

_

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hell can I come over? :D Sounds like a good feast.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Beerfish;3684089]Hell can I come over? :D Sounds like a good feast.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, no sh*t, me too!!!

If that's for a preseason game, what the hell does he do for the regular season?! :D

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Beerfish;3684089]Hell can I come over? :D Sounds like a good feast.[/QUOTE]

Sure, but I only have like 30 beers :D

[QUOTE=RageATL;3684090]Yeah, no sh*t, me too!!!

If that's for a preseason game, what the hell does he do for the regular season?! :D[/QUOTE]

Actually, a lot less for regular season home games. For 1:00 games (and even 4:00) it's too hard to cook before hand and leave enough time to get down to the stadium. Now an AWAY game?!? THAT'S when I cook!! :D

_

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    my prediction is a food coma sets in and you sleep through the game :D

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Coming from Long Island, I either have to leave for the game early or late. So I have been thinking of getting there around 4. Nothing big for the preseason, just burgers, dogs and beers.

Finally get to test out my new trailer hitch to open a few frosty cold beers!:D

[IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41FL8mimSoL._SL500_AA300_.jpg[/IMG]

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Raven, at a very low temperature.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    :(

Tailgating...that's the [B][U][I]ONLY[/I][/U][/B] time I regret not eating meat. Your pregame looks like the stuff dreams are made of.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=crossfire;3684190]Coming from Long Island, I either have to leave for the game early or late. So I have been thinking of getting there around 4. Nothing big for the preseason, just burgers, dogs and beers.

[IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41FL8mimSoL._SL500_AA300_.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

Nice! I'm planning on getting a similar opener when table number 2 ( :steamin: ) for my Big Green Egg arrives.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think FF2 [B][SIZE="6"][COLOR="Red"]IZ MAKIN RIBZ![/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=crossfire;3684190]Coming from Long Island, I either have to leave for the game early or late. So I have been thinking of getting there around 4. Nothing big for the preseason, just burgers, dogs and beers.

[IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41FL8mimSoL._SL500_AA300_.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

Whoa! Where'd you get that?!?! :yes:

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Post Thanks / Like
    It looks like I'm havin' dry bread with spit on it. :(

I have to pick my daughter up from softball practice at 8:00. I'll miss the first 15-20 minutes. :steamin:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=chesapeakejet;3684677]Whoa! Where'd you get that?!?! :yes:[/QUOTE]

The intergoogles, it's an amazing place! :D

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've been cooking non-stop for two weeks. Tonight I'm bringing in mushroom pizza from our local joint. Also drinking a bunch of Widmer Drifter Pale Ale. I bought some the other day for the first time and really like it. Beautiful, hoppy citrus notes.

[URL=http://img132.imageshack.us/i/widmerdrifterpaleale.jpg/][IMG]http://a.imageshack.us/img132/563/widmerdrifterpaleale.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Borgoguy;3684697]I've been cooking non-stop for two weeks. Tonight I'm bringing in mushroom pizza from our local joint. Also drinking a bunch of Widmer Drifter Pale Ale. I bought some the other day for the first time and really like it. Beautiful, hoppy citrus notes.[/QUOTE]

Still trying to figger out WTF I'm gonna drink on tonight. I cut way back on the beer a while back due to weight gain and ridiculous heartburn, but some how football just screams "DRINK BEER!!!"

Veteran
    North Shore of Long Island. East Setauket
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JStokes;3684085]Probably leaving my house, heading down to the stadium at about 6:15 or so with my older daughter, so rather than tailgate at the stadium, invited my brother and his sopne to my house for a pre-game BBQ, some beer and some swimming (although the weather may curtail some of the swimming part). They are showing up at 2:00.

Been planning this menu for weeks:

-Brined two huge pork loins yesterday, will slow grill them and glaze them at the end--one with molasses and dijon mustard, one with a [B]Mongolian glaze (hoisin sauce, black bean and chili paste, minced garlic, scallions, tamari soy sauce, brown sugar, sherry vinegar, rice vinegar, fresh cilantro, fresh grated ginger, sesame oil, hot pepper sauce)
    [/B]
    -Sausage, Italian Frying Peppers and Vidalia Onions on crusty Portuguese rolls

-Home made Quacamole

-Burgers and dogs for the rest of the crew (all my kids that are NOT going to the game) :D

Have an ice chest packed full with Naraganset in pint cans, Red Stripe and Spaten

Can not WAIT!!

_[/QUOTE]

If you dont mind im gonna borrow that recipe because it would go awesome with slow smoked bbq beef short ribs....thanks for the idea enjoy the spread sounds great ...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=BigJet85;3684746]If you dont mind im gonna borrow that recipe because it would go awesome with slow smoked bbq beef short ribs....thanks for the idea enjoy the spread sounds great ...[/QUOTE]

Here's the recipie, from Mustard's Grille in Napa Valley. This is for Pork Chops but I use it as a glaze for Pork Loin. I also substitute brown sugar for white:

MONGOLIAN PORK CHOPS
    6 (10-ounce) center-cut double pork chops
    Mongolian marinade:
    1 cup hoisin sauce
    1 tablespoon sugar
    1 1/2 tablespoons tamari soy sauce
    1 1/2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
    1 1/2 tablespoons rice vinegar
    1 scallion, white and 2/3 of green parts, minced
    1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
    1 1/2 teaspoons Lee Kum Kee brand black bean chile sauce
    1 1/2 teaspoons fresh ginger, peeled and grated
    1 1/2 tablespoons garlic, minced
    3/4 teaspoon freshly ground white pepper
    1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves and stems, minced
    1 tablespoon sesame oil
    Yields 6 servings.
    Trim excess meat and fat from ends of chop bones, leaving bones exposed.

Place pork chops in clean plastic bag and lightly sprinkle with water to prevent meat from tearing when pounded. Using smooth side of meat mallet, pound meat down to even 1-inch thickness, being careful not to hit bones.

Or, as an alternative, have your butcher cut thinner chops and serve 2 per serving. To prepare marinade: Combine all ingredients in bowl and mix well. Coat pork chops liberally with marinade and marinate in refrigerator from 3 hours up to overnight.

Place chops on grill and cook 5 minutes on each side, rotating them 1/4 turn after 2 to 3 minutes to produce nice crosshatch marks. It's good to baste with marinade as meat cooks. Note: As with all marinated meats, you want to cook longer and slower on the grill vs. shorter and hotter, because if marinated meat is charred, it can turn bitter.

Chops are ready when they register 139 F on instant-read thermometer.

- - -

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=RageATL;3684730]Still trying to figger out WTF I'm gonna drink on tonight. I cut way back on the beer a while back due to weight gain and ridiculous heartburn, but some how football just screams "DRINK BEER!!!"[/QUOTE]

That's it in a nutshell for me...probably pass on alcohol or else I'll be up at 2 or 3 am cursing myself for it.

Otherwise we're holding off grillin' until the start of the season...unless the temptation becomes too great and we give in...or happen to swing by the Austell area.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=RageATL;3684730]Still trying to figger out WTF I'm gonna drink on tonight. I cut way back on the beer a while back due to weight gain and ridiculous heartburn, but some how football just screams "DRINK BEER!!!"[/QUOTE]

It's a warm night. If you like vodka, mix it up with some seltzer, crushed ice, and a twist of lime. It will be refreshing and give you a nice buzz while still being relatively low in calories.

Mod Friend to JI Legends
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JStokes;3684759]Here's the recipie, from Mustard's Grille in Napa Valley. This is for Pork Chops but I use it as a glaze for Pork Loin. I also substitute brown sugar for white:

MONGOLIAN PORK CHOPS
    6 (10-ounce) center-cut double pork chops
    Mongolian marinade:
    [B]1 cup hoisin sauce[/B]
    1 tablespoon sugar
    [B]1 1/2 tablespoons tamari soy sauce[/B]
    1 1/2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
    1 1/2 tablespoons rice vinegar
    1 scallion, white and 2/3 of green parts, minced
    1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
    [B]1 1/2 teaspoons Lee Kum Kee brand black bean (GARLIC?) chile sauce[/B]
    1 1/2 teaspoons fresh ginger, peeled and grated
    1 1/2 tablespoons garlic, minced
    3/4 teaspoon freshly ground white pepper
    [B]1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves and stems, minced[/B]
    1 tablespoon sesame oil
    Yields 6 servings.
    Trim excess meat and fat from ends of chop bones, leaving bones exposed.

Place pork chops in clean plastic bag and lightly sprinkle with water to prevent meat from tearing when pounded. Using smooth side of meat mallet, pound meat down to even 1-inch thickness, being careful not to hit bones.

Or, as an alternative, have your butcher cut thinner chops and serve 2 per serving. To prepare marinade: Combine all ingredients in bowl and mix well. Coat pork chops liberally with marinade and marinate in refrigerator from 3 hours up to overnight.

Place chops on grill and cook 5 minutes on each side, rotating them 1/4 turn after 2 to 3 minutes to produce nice crosshatch marks. It's good to baste with marinade as meat cooks. Note: As with all marinated meats, you want to cook longer and slower on the grill vs. shorter and hotter, because if marinated meat is charred, it can turn bitter.

Chops are ready when they register 139 F on instant-read thermometer.

- - -[/QUOTE] I am sure you're having fun, Stokes. Great thread, I'm not supposed to be this hungry now.

I have all the Lee Kum Kee jars; Hoison and Black Bean Garlic sauce. I have rice noodles to cook, and I am making my "General Disorder" chicken over the rice noodles. Think General Tsao's but with a sick twist or two. :D

I am the Wok Master. :yes: