View Poll Results: Secondary gets burned next 2x, Revis will never wear green again

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • True

3 7.50%
  • False

37 92.50%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Secondary gets burned next 2x, Revis will never wear green again :(

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Secondary gets burned next 2x, Revis will never wear green again :(

Revis watched the game.

He saw the starters do ok (Cro SHOULD have had those 2 picks) and saw all the other play pretty poorly (see my "Party Theory" winners in the other thread )

If the secondary gets burned the next 2 weeks... Considering the last game will be played very close to the vest by both teams...

Revis will NEVER come down with his demands, in all probability the Jets decision makers will become more entrenched in their positions (see Tanny driving back to Jets camp from the famous Roscoe Diner on "Hard Knocks"), and I HATE TO SAY THIS: Revis could one day be wearing that Texans uni I joked about a few months back

I hope the players in the Jets secondary realize this

I hope I'm wrong.

I hope Revis gets hit by an ISLAND sized meteor if this all comes to be

PS - I think we need some politicians to maybe get involved here. A big name - somebody. A group of them talking to Revis about how much he will be loved by NYers if the Jets can win a SB and how this is THE place to be if youre the BEST
    Last edited by Schroy48; 08-17-2010 at 07:48 PM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOL

You are so dumb, you make dumb people look not dumb.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Vick View Post
    LOL

+1

Dude seriously, what is wrong with you?

Are you 8 years old or something?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Schroy48 View Post
    Revis watched the game.

He saw the starters do ok (Cro SHOULD have had those 2 picks) and saw all the other play pretty poorly (see my "Party Theory" winners in the other thread )

If the secondary gets burned the next 2 weeks... Considering the last game will be played very close to the vest by both teams...

Revis will NEVER come down with his demands, in all probability the Jets decision makers will become more entrenched in their positions (see Tanny driving back to Jets camp from the famous Roscoe Diner on "Hard Knocks"), and I HATE TO SAY THIS:

Revis could one day be wearing that Texans uni I joked about a few months back

I hope the players in the Jets secondary realize this

I hope I'm wrong.

I hope Revis gets hit by an ISLAND sized meteor if this all comes to be
    Again, Revis will not be traded in 2010. The secondary that was burned was the 2nd string (and Lowrey got beat on a ridiculous play). The fact that 4th and 5th string DBs play poorly has little effect on Revis. He'll either sign for something like 120/10 with 30-40 guaranteed, or 41/4 with 25 guaranteed or he'll sit.

And then he'll sit in 2011 when there's a strike. And then it'll be 2012, Revis would not have played in 32 months, and he won't be closer to a new contract, and the highest paid DB will be making less than $10M/yr (Or whatever Nnamdi gets with whomever signs him after this season, but it won't be $16M/yr).

Those are the facts.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post
    Again, Revis will not be traded in 2010. The secondary that was burned was the 2nd string (and Lowrey got beat on a ridiculous play). The fact that 4th and 5th string DBs play poorly has little effect on Revis. He'll either sign for something like 120/10 with 30-40 guaranteed, or 41/4 with 25 guaranteed or he'll sit.

And then he'll sit in 2011 when there's a strike. And then it'll be 2012, Revis would not have played in 32 months, and he won't be closer to a new contract, and the highest paid DB will be making less than $10M/yr (Or whatever Nnamdi gets with whomever signs him after this season, but it won't be $16M/yr).

Those are the facts.

+1 Right on!!

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Wachu talkin bout willis??????????

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Those are the facts.
    LOLOL! So, those are the facts, eh? Hey, why don't you just go and tell Tanny and Rex this. Wow, what a relief. And, it sounds so logical too. Very comforting to know? (and, this guy is calling people stupid? LOL )

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    The first string secondary played extremely well Wilson and Cromartie did a great job. Cromartie should have caught the INT. If anything the way the starting Secondary played now has weakened Revis position even more I think he will be forced to sign the 120/10 deal or end up being traded next year once the CBA gets resolved.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Schroy48 View Post
    LOLOL! So, those are the facts, eh? Hey, why don't you just go and tell Tanny and Rex this. Wow, what a relief. And, it sounds so logical too. Very comforting to know? (and, this guy is calling people stupid? LOL )
    No one is calling anyone stupid. Even if Tanny and Rex do know this, what can they do about it? The reason Revis is holding out, among other reasons, is because this is the only time that the top CB is making $16M and will be for some time, unless Revis gets it. He knows it and his agents know it. If they waited a year for the holdout, the top CB would be making $10M (until Nnamdi got signed) and Revis wouldn't have any sort of leverage to hold out for $16M.

His agents are doing what they think is best for him, and it may get him a few more $$, but if the Jets hold and don't give in to the $16M now, how do you see Revis getting that kind of money next year?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    what's an assclown have to do to get banned?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Those are the facts.
    great post....i doubt there's a strike in '11 though...there will be riots in the st...o ya..americans will be too busy working their lives away to replenish the trust funds of fat greedy ****s children so they can slave away your kids and so on and so on..

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WeskerLogan View Post
    what's an assclown have to do to get banned?
    Let us know when you get back.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    it's not such a bad thing that the jets lost that game. it's preseason and doesn't count. there's time to get it right and get the right players to be the back ups. imo they needed to get knocked back a bit after all the hard knock bs and the whole revis thing. i'm pretty confident that they will turn things around before preseason ends.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    anybody know if Tanny and Revis's agents are actually talking or is it radio silence on both ends.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Let us know when you get back.
    youu sonofa...well i guess i walked right into that one

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjets1969 View Post
    The first string secondary played extremely well Wilson and Cromartie did a great job. Cromartie should have caught the INT. If anything the way the starting Secondary played now has weakened Revis position even more I think he will be forced to sign the 120/10 deal or end up being traded next year once the CBA gets resolved.
    The jets were playing man to man and blitzing on almost every play to pressure the banged up Giants and hit their weakness at cb. Cro did cover well,but he is a joke in the running game.Teams are going to run at he and screen at him all day long. Wilson played decent,but the Giants were playing very vanilla. There were not trying to expose the Jets as much as see how certain players handled certain situations. The worst part for the Jets is it seemed they were throwing the kitchen sink at the giants,they approached the game with a plan to win the game .Playing match ups,qb roll outs,starters in till half time.The giants seemed to want to evaluate talent and did not tailor there game play to beat the Jets,Yet at half time we were still b arely up and we all know what happened in the second half.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dash with a past View Post
    The jets were playing man to man and blitzing on almost every play to pressure the banged up Giants and hit their weakness at cb. Cro did cover well,but he is a joke in the running game.Teams are going to run at he and screen at him all day long. Wilson played decent,but the Giants were playing very vanilla. There were not trying to expose the Jets as much as see how certain players handled certain situations. The worst part for the Jets is it seemed they were throwing the kitchen sink at the giants,they approached the game with a plan to win the game .Playing match ups,qb roll outs,starters in till half time.The giants seemed to want to evaluate talent and did not tailor there game play to beat the Jets,Yet at half time we were still b arely up and we all know what happened in the second half.
    Shows you how devastating turnovers are..i know this seems laughable in comparison but im in a FF league and we are STACKED..last season we went 7-9 despite some sick #s put up on O..but we led the league in turnovers and missed the playoffs....Nothing is more important than protecting the rock.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Schroy-tum.

What's your take on the Fireman Ed fiasco from last night?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOL

Hahahaha +1

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    revis' tv was broke last night. i saw him at costco buying a new one. no worries.