Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Yankees vs. Mariners @ Yankee Stadium

Yankees vs. Mariners @ Yankee Stadium

SEATTLE MARINERS VS. NEW YORK YANKEES

Friday: Felix Hernandez, RHP (8-10, 2.62 ERA) vs. A.J. Burnett, RHP (9-10, 4.66 ERA) @ 7:05 PM

Saturday:
    Jason Vargas, LHP (9-5, 3.15 ERA) vs. Javier Vazquez, RHP (9-9, 4.89 ERA) @ 1:05 PM

Sunday:
    Luke French, LHP (2-3, 4.02 ERA) vs. CC Sabathia, LHP (16-5, 3.12 ERA) @ 1:05

All Pro
    Does anyone know the Yankees record against Jason Vargas and Luke French? I hope they aren't one of these pitchers the Yankees have never faced before?

I really would like to get a sweep here. But facing Felix Hernandez right off the bat a sweep would be a lot to ask for.
    Last edited by Cool Papa B.; 08-19-2010 at 08:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Papa B. View Post
    Does anyone know the Yankees record against Jason Vargas and Luke French? I hope they aren't one of these pitchers the Yankees have never faced before?

I really would like to get a sweep here. But facing Felix Hernandez right off the bat a sweep would be a lot to ask for.

Jason Vargas: 0-0 W-L, 4.15 ERA (13 innings)

Luke French: 0-1 W-L, 2.35 ERA (15.1 innings)

For future reference. Bookmark this website:

http://www.baseball-reference.com/

Search name > splits > career > scroll
    Last edited by Tyler Durden; 08-19-2010 at 08:22 PM.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    Jason Vargas: 0-0 W-L, 4.15 ERA (13 innings)

Luke French: 0-1 W-L, 2.35 ERA (15.1 innings)

For future reference. Bookmark this website:

http://www.baseball-reference.com/

Search name > splits > career > scroll
    Thanks. I'm familiar with the site. It's just where I am right now I don't have time to go through that particular site.

Rays lost to the A's.

In case you were wondering (probably not) This Yankees magic # to win the division is.

David Robertson has really turned it around. Not allowing a run post all star yet, dropping his ERA to 3.68.

Our bullpen overall has been good post all star. Kerry Wood has been better than Chan Ho Park.

The pick up of Austin Kearns was a good one.

All Pro
    As per lhblogs.com:

Brett Gardner LF
    Derek Jeter SS
    Mark Teixeira 1B
    Alex Rodriguez DH
    Robinson Cano 2B
    Nick Swisher RF
    Curtis Granderson CF
    Francisco Cervelli C
    Ramiro Pena 3B

AJ Burnett P

I hope the Good AJ steps up tonight. We have a tough match up against Felix tonight. ARod is backin the line up and was taking ground balls during BP today.

http://yankees.lhblogs.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Green Jets & Ham View Post
    8 & 9 is Pathetic

I wish Montero would friggin get here already so we can stop with this automatic out (Cervelli), and I wish we would use Nunez as the primary utility INF while he's here just to see what he has.
    Yankees would have to be willing to put Montero behind the plate. I dunno if they are.
    Last edited by Tyler Durden; 08-20-2010 at 06:10 PM.

All Pro
    How bout you?

Would you be willing to leave with his defensive defeciancies and growing pains to replace Cervelli's bat with Montero's?

I WOULD until he proved too me that he was so bad its undoable.

I Just can't live with Cervelli as a starter, its killing me!
    I respectfully disagree. A catcher's #1 job is defense and calling a game. You want to bring a rookie up in a pennant race and have him control the game, when none of our pitchers even know who he is?

Think of it this way, if Montero got 2 more bases per game than Cervelli, but the pitchers didn't trust him and they started getting hit like a Wac a Mole, the Yankees suffer more than they gain.

Now, what if Montero struggles at the plate upon coming to the majors. It is not unheard of for a rookie to struggle. Plus he is subpar defensively. Plus he doesn't know his own pitchers, or the hitters in the league. You could get a mediocre hitter for a month who can't catch. That doesn't help at all.

Bring him up to DH, or bring him up in spring training next year to get to learn the staff.

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Papa B. View Post
    As per lhblogs.com:

Brett Gardner LF
    Derek Jeter SS
    Mark Teixeira 1B
    Alex Rodriguez DH
    Robinson Cano 2B
    Nick Swisher RF

Curtis Granderson CF
    Francisco Cervelli C
    Ramiro Pena 3B
    this is my preffered top 6 of the order, with posada at 7 instead of grandy and arod preferably not DHing to save us from the useless spot in the lineup that is Ramiro Pena, Gardner provides us with a spark at the top that Jeter doesnt. Mix Kearns in towards the bottom of the order taking out cervelli and Pena and that is by far our most lethal order, IMHO

How bout you?

Would you be willing to leave with his defensive defeciancies and growing pains to replace Cervelli's bat with Montero's?

I WOULD until he proved too me that he was so bad its undoable.

I Just can't live with Cervelli as a starter, its killing me!
    I haven't seen him enough behind the plate to make a sound judgment

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by chirorob View Post
    I respectfully disagree. A catcher's #1 job is defense and calling a game. You want to bring a rookie up in a pennant race and have him control the game, when none of our pitchers even know who he is?

Think of it this way, if Montero got 2 more bases per game than Cervelli, but the pitchers didn't trust him and they started getting hit like a Wac a Mole, the Yankees suffer more than they gain.

Now, what if Montero struggles at the plate upon coming to the majors. It is not unheard of for a rookie to struggle. Plus he is subpar defensively. Plus he doesn't know his own pitchers, or the hitters in the league. You could get a mediocre hitter for a month who can't catch. That doesn't help at all.

Bring him up to DH, or bring him up in spring training next year to get to learn the staff.
    Agreed. It's risky bringing up a rookie Catcher in the middle of a heated pennant race. He'll be here in about 1 1/2 weeks anyway (September call up). He'll DH then and possibly get an opportunity to make the postseason team as a DH. We'll see. But IMO there's no doubt that he'll be oon the 25 man roster in 2011.

instead of water boarding, we should force terrorists to watch AJ pitch

I'm going out, later....

All Pro
    The Bad AJ starts the game!!!

Before I go, Zach McAllister is the player top be named later for Austin Kearns. No a problem. He's not a prospect, in my opinion. Though It would of been nice to have a Yankee player who I shared a last name with.

All Pro
    And "Double Play" Derek makes another contribution to his Turn 2 Foundation. The total number is now 18 for the season.

It's funny that the Yankees still believe Burnett and Cervelli have some sort of chemistry behind the plate. Burnett is always a wild card, and Cervelli has no chemistry with anyone; in the last year he somehow lost all catching ability.

Jets Insider VIP
    Burnett is just hot garbage.

Can we stop this ridiculous exercise in folly...AJ Burnett does not possess "good stuff" He has velocity and control about 15% of the time, and he is absolutely incapable of weathering even an ounce of adversity.

He's a f*****g mental midget.