Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1) Revis for Aso and2) Revis Island Rule

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like

1) Revis for Aso and2) Revis Island Rule

1) Sorry if already posted but would the Jets consider trading Revis for Aso?
    At least Aso would be playing for us, not sitting out.

I'm disappointerd with Revis. As other posters have stated, he held out with his rookie contract. He is scheduled to make 1mil this year, But he made alot of millions if you look at the first 3 years because of how he and his agents AGREED to structure the contract. He got his money up front.

Perhaps the Jets can add a clause that deducts pay for lack of performance.
    It has to work both ways. I like this idea for all players.

What is the point of a signed contract if it doesn't mean anything?
    I can understand a team ripping up a contract half way through and creating a new one. The Jets have made a substantial offer of money. I can't believe
    Revis would not accept it. I undertstand fear of injury and guaranteed money.
    I think they can work out a fair amount that all can live with.
    It is called Compromise. I think alot of EGO is also involved and people need to save face?

Analogy: If you were dating the hottest lady and wined her, dined her, and never mind, spent alot of effort to make her happy and spent alot of money to sdupport her and she said it's not good enough I want more, I think you would dump her for another lady with character and substance.

2) It think the league should create a Revis Island rule next year regarding rules for honoring your contract. If a player sits out then they didn't play so maybe they still owe the team a year of playing time service?

The rule will state that NO MAN IS AN ISLAND. IT'S NOT WHAT THE TEAM CAN DO FOR YOU, IT"S WHAT YOU CAN DO FOR THE TEAM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why would we trade for Aso? The whole problem is we don't want to pay "Aso Money". Might as well just pay Revis than trade for Aso.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    There's like three running threads on Revis already.

Why pay Aso Aso money when we don't want to pay Revis Aso money?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post

I'm disappointerd with Revis. As other posters have stated, he held out with his rookie contract. He is scheduled to make 1mil this year, But he made alot of millions if you look at the first 3 years because of how he and his agents AGREED to structure the contract. He got his money up front.

I can understand a team ripping up a contract half way through and creating a new one. The Jets have made a substantial offer of money. I can't believe
    It is called Compromise. I think alot of EGO is also involved and people need to save face?

Analogy: If you were dating the hottest lady and wined her, dined her, and never mind, spent alot of effort to make her happy and spent alot of money to sdupport her and she said it's not good enough I want more, I think you would dump her for another lady with character and substance.

2) It think the league should create a Revis Island rule next year regarding rules for honoring your contract. If a player sits out then they didn't play so maybe they still owe the team a year of playing time service?

The rule will state that NO MAN IS AN ISLAND. IT'S NOT WHAT THE TEAM CAN DO FOR YOU, IT"S WHAT YOU CAN DO FOR THE TEAM.
    Sure, as long as teams are no longer allowed to cut players. The players union will gladly trade the ability to hold out for fully guaranteed contracts.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    Why would we trade for Aso? The whole problem is we don't want to pay "Aso Money". Might as well just pay Revis than trade for Aso.
    +1
    Not to mention Revis is several years younger and has the potential to be better. Having just turned 25 last month we may have not yet seen the best of Darrell Revis!!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    why would we want to pay a mediocre cornerback like Aso all that money?
    are we senile like crazy al?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post

Raiders don't want Revis, he clearly is a product Of Rex Ryan schemes, who would get exposed for the fraud he was in Raiders scheme. Raiders don't blitz like the Jets(coverup for Cbs shortcommings), ALL there Cb's play man to man and that CB is asked to cover a wr, as long as it takes for their front four to put pressure on the Qb.

All you have to watch is the preseason games to see what Im talking about. Jets from first play on rely so heavy on the blitz . IF there Cbs were so good lets see those Cb's cover without the benefit of the Blitz.( Its the preseason for crying out loud) Wouldn't you want to see what Cromartie and Wilson have without that Qb (clock in his head) knowing he has to get rid of the football at a certain time. (might not even be pressure)

Raiders on the other hand it dosen't matter if its the first or fourth string Cb's you know they are going to be in man to man and relying on their front four to generate pressure.

Again It a great system Rex ryan has, but clearly there cb's aren't in Raider class as cover Cb's. The point is Raiders Cb's would look awesome in Rex system and Jets Cbs would get exposed in Raiders system.
    N Asomugha, S routt, W MCfadden , and Chris johnson >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Revis, Cromartie, K wilson and Dwight Lowery. Not even close.

BTW- There is a reason why Ozzie Newsome comes to the Raiders when he needs a CB. An average Raider Cb in that Baltimore/Rex blitz scheme looks like a whole diffrent player.
    Last edited by Raider9175; 08-20-2010 at 07:24 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    ladies and gentleman..

the winner for the worst homeristic post ever

maybe raider 90210 is really senile al in disguise

raiders cb??--- we saw them shut down the Jets for only a 38 to zero win just last season

the best, for sure

assohle couldn't clean revis' cleats

period

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    Raiders don't want Revis, he clearly is a product Of Rex Ryan schemes, who would get exposed for the fraud he was in Raiders scheme. Raiders don't blitz like the Jets(coverup for Cbs shortcommings), ALL there Cb's play man to man and that CB is asked to cover a wr, as long as it takes for their front four to put pressure on the Qb.

All you have to watch is the preseason games to see what Im talking about. Jets from first play on rely so heavy on the blitz . IF there Cbs were so good lets see those Cb's cover without the benefit of the Blitz.( Its the preseason for crying out loud) Wouldn't you want to see what Cromartie and Wilson have without that Qb (clock in his head) knowing he has to get rid of the football at a certain time. (might not even be pressure)

Raiders on the other hand it dosen't matter if its the first or fourth string Cb's you know they are going to be in man to man and relying on their front four to generate pressure.

Again It a great system Rex ryan has, but clearly there cb's aren't in Raider class as cover Cb's. The point is Raiders Cb's would look awesome in Rex system and Jets Cbs would get exposed in Raiders system.
    N Asomugha, S routt, W MCfadden , and Chris johnson >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Revis, Cromartie, K wilson and Dwight Lowery. Not even close.

BTW- There is a reason why Ozzie Newsome comes to the Raiders when he needs a CB. An average Raider Cb in that Baltimore/Rex blitz scheme looks like a whole diffrent player.

What a pathetic homer who never has -- and never will -- have a clue.

Enjoy yet another 5-11 season. At least they can pick a future bust in the top 10 again. Rinse, repeat.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    ladies and gentleman..

the winner for the worst homeristic post ever

maybe raider 90210 is really senile al in disguise

raiders cb??--- we saw them shut down the Jets for only a 38 to zero win just last season

the best, for sure

assohle couldn't clean revis' cleats

period
    Again Lets look at facts. Seymour and G Ellis weren't even suppose to play they were that sick. Even IF Seymour was healthy he really isn't the pass rusher you need in 4-3 at DE(why he will be playing mostly DT this year ) So if your Frontfour not generating a rush, that means your Cb have to hold their coverage a very long time .( don't care what Cb your talking about NFL Wr will eventually get open with that much time).

NOw do you remember the 1986 Chicago Bears 46- defense. Wow they must have had the greatest Cb's to ever play the game. No their defense generated so much pass rush that there Cb's didn't have to hold their coverage that long. ( scheme covered uyp their shortcommings) Sound familiar. A Qb knows he can only hold it so long against Jets blitz happy defense(might not even be pressure) Like I said great system but clearly can't judge how good those Cbs are in comparison to other Cb's who are going to be asked to covera whole lot longer. See Ravens- who have ex Raider scrubs playing Cb for them and thriving. (same blitz happy scheme)

Raiders defense goes deep and they have really upgraded their pass rush tremendously this year. Raiders Cbs won't have to cover a s long this year and it will be reflected in the numbers. Raiders numbers willbe better than Jetss and they won't have to rely on blitz to hide their Cbs.
    Last edited by Raider9175; 08-20-2010 at 07:48 AM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post

What a pathetic homer who never has -- and never will -- have a clue.

Enjoy yet another 5-11 season. At least they can pick a future bust in the top 10 again. Rinse, repeat.
    Well they can't make a pick in top ten because patriots have their first next season.

BTW- Outside of revis , when your Cb's are L Sheppherd, D strickland and D Lowery( all Pure garbage) and you still rank high defending against the pass . You have to say the scheme(heavy blitzes) played a big part and hid those Cbs liabilities. Right there is all the proof I need. I Rest my case. NOOOO they are just great cover cb's . Right and I have a bridge to sell you if you believe that.
    Last edited by Raider9175; 08-20-2010 at 08:03 AM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well they can't make a pick in top ten because patriots have their first next season.
    hahahahaha I forgot about that!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    hahahahaha I forgot about that!
    Thats what Im here for to enlighten.

Can you answer this/explain it. BTW- Outside of revis , when your Cb's are L Sheppherd, D strickland and D Lowery( all Pure garbage) and you still rank high defending against the pass . You have to say the scheme(heavy blitzes) played a big part and hid those Cbs liabilities. Right there is all the proof I need. I Rest my case. NOOOO they are just great cover cb's . Right and I have a bridge to sell you if you believe that.

Note to Revis- Get all your money you can now before YOu / Revis Island is exposed as a fraud. (Should give a big chunk of Change to REx(blitz scheme) for making you look like something you are not. The best Cb in the game.
    Last edited by Raider9175; 08-20-2010 at 08:20 AM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Can you answer this/explain it. BTW- Outside of revis , when your Cb's are L Sheppherd, D strickland and D Lowery( all Pure garbage) and you still rank high defending against the pass . You have to say the scheme(heavy blitzes) played a big part and hid those Cbs liabilities. Right there is all the proof I need. I Rest my case. NOOOO they are just great cover cb's . Right and I have a bridge to sell you if you believe that.

Note to Revis- Get all your money you can now before YOu / Revis Island is exposed as a fraud. (Should give a big chunk of Change to REx(blitz scheme) for making you look like something you are not. The best Cb in the game.
    We are not talking about Lito and Strickland and the guys who are not here. Lowery, I will be the first to admit, is crap.

You said Raiders CBs... Aso, Routt, Etc. are better than Revis, Cromartie, etc. And that is just flat out wrong. The Raiders don't have to defend the pass because they can't stop the run. But when they do defend the pass, they gave 8.1 per -- 2nd worst in the NFL. Aso doesn't even get thrown on. He's great. The others are not.

Scheme helped, which is why the Jets led the league in every single passing stat. But most of that was because Revis 1v1 on the #1 WR allowed the others to have help. They weren't manned up all game.

You are both out of your mind and all by yourself if you truly believe that the Raiders top 3 CBs are better than the Jets top 3 CBs. That is not even up for debate.

Christ I don't even know why I or anyone else bothers with you. You'll never learn.

This is the end of me responding to your posts. I'm 100% done because there's no point in wasting anymore time with you.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Astoria View Post
    There's like three running threads on Revis already.

Why pay Aso Aso money when we don't want to pay Revis Aso money?
    Wouldn't the Raider's get stuck with Scrabble's signing bonus?

Also, if he would take the $12 mil per year Jet for life deal I wouldn't miss Revis one bit.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

blah blah blah Ima doosh...

Clearly you're dumbest, most assclown-like post to date. If the Eugenics Movement ever comes back, I'm putting your name at the top of the "List".

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Antonio Cromartie, Kyle Wilson, Dwight Lowery and Drew Coleman are our CBs outside of Revis. Who is to say that without Revis that we'll have a great pass D this year?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    We are not talking about Lito and Strickland and the guys who are not here. Lowery, I will be the first to admit, is crap.

You said Raiders CBs... Aso, Routt, Etc. are better than Revis, Cromartie, etc. And that is just flat out wrong. The Raiders don't have to defend the pass because they can't stop the run. But when they do defend the pass, they gave 8.1 per -- 2nd worst in the NFL. Aso doesn't even get thrown on. He's great. The others are not.

Scheme helped, which is why the Jets led the league in every single passing stat. But most of that was because Revis 1v1 on the #1 WR allowed the others to have help. They weren't manned up all game.

You are both out of your mind and all by yourself if you truly believe that the Raiders top 3 CBs are better than the Jets top 3 CBs. That is not even up for debate.

Christ I don't even know why I or anyone else bothers with you. You'll never learn.

This is the end of me responding to your posts. I'm 100% done because there's no point in wasting anymore time with you.
    The point with bringing up Strickland, Sheppherd is to show just how bogus Jet cb's numbers(including Revis) were as that defense hid their shortcommings. (benefited tremdendously from scheme) Just look at how long both cb's were out there in freeagency despite their stats being pretty good last year.(nobody was buying it)

First off Raiders will stop the run this year and they are going to generate a serious pass rush this year(they will have more sacks than jets next year and they won't need to blitz)

IF that is true than Yes Raiders cb's are better than the Jets. Lets take Asomugha and Revis out of the equation. So the Comparison it between Cromartie and Wilson versus C Johnson/ S Routt and Walter MCfadden.

Lets talk about rookie first Wilson versus MCFadden as both will be nickel Cb for their team. That means they will be playing inside versus slot reciever. I will give you that Wilson upside is alot higher, he can probably move into starting lineup eventually, while that might not be the case with MCfadden who strictly will be nickel CB. What role are they being asked to fill in 2010- Nickel CB. MCfadden has played that role covering slot reciever and is quite good at it while wilson has played exclusively on the outside. Big diffrence and ask S routt who is alot better and more comfortable playing outside but was forced to play inside because of Johnson and Asomugha, just how hard that is to do. Also with Revis out he playing more outside now and not playing inside when Revis returns. (going to take more time to get used to that)
    So Yes I give the advantage defintely to MCfadden

Cromartie Versus Chris Johnson / S routt. Cromartie was the Chargers number 2 CB and he was so bad for the Chargers(such a poor tackler) that they couldn't get rid of the guy faster. HE should do alot better this year because Jet scheme makes any Cb look alot better.(see Lowery, strickland and Sheppherd) Again all Cromartie has is the name(like Sheppherd) whose been going downhill fast. Hes not better than Stanford Routt or chris johnson. Routt just was playing out of position. Hes not that good playing inside. Last year Routt reminded me alot of Asomugha right before he took off. A lot of tight coverage and ticky tac fouls BS calls as his coverage alot times just was that good. Didn't get the respect yet.

Even if you want to give give slight edge to Cromartie. Third and fourth Cbs swing balance squarely in Raiders favor.

Now throw in your fourth Cb D Lowery versus the loser oif Chris johnson/S routt and it big advantage in Raiders advantage.

Throw in Raiders very deep safety corps versus Jets safeties situation and Raidsers secondary hands away way better than the Jets.
    Last edited by Raider9175; 08-20-2010 at 09:45 AM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyjets212 View Post
    Antonio Cromartie, Kyle Wilson, Dwight Lowery and Drew Coleman are our CBs outside of Revis. Who is to say that without Revis that we'll have a great pass D this year?
    Well The Baltimore/Rex Ryan blitz scheme have proved they are going to put so much pressure on a Qb that its hard not to say Jets pass D will be very good. More scheme, than Cbs being great. Heck Raider scrub Cbs have looked great for the Ravens. (thats all you need to know)

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by quantum View Post
    Clearly you're dumbest, most assclown-like post to date. If the Eugenics Movement ever comes back, I'm putting your name at the top of the "List".
    Again I think by using Strickland , Sheppherd and d Lowery- all garbage) and Jets pass defense still rank high just proves just how much it was the scheme that made those players look alot better than they are.

See Ravens who have Raider scrubs at Cb and those guys look very good because of that blitz scheme. Do the math 1 + 1= 2.