Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NYC Subway's/Buses....a lack of civility

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

NYC Subway's/Buses....a lack of civility

way too often do I see young men not give up their seats to elderly women on the downtown E train...who is raising these kids? Our culture has taken a turn for the worse- I guess all we can do is teach our own kids what's right...but i'd love to slap the sh*t out of these punks

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Tucker134;3690683]way too often do I see young men not give up their seats to elderly women on the downtown E train...who is raising these kids? Our culture has taken a turn for the worse- I guess all we can do is teach our own kids what's right...but i'd love to slap the sh*t out of these punks[/QUOTE]

Do you remember what the subway was like in the past, not 5 or 10 years ago, but 20 and 25 years ago? I'd say the civility there has gone up tenfold in the last 20-25 years

While I agree that men should give up their seat (personally, I almost never sit down on a subway, it's just easier that way)

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    You'll never see that kind of behavior on the 4 or 5. E train is filled with savages.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Tucker134;3690683]but i'd love to slap the sh*t out of these punks[/QUOTE]

why not just beat the s*** out of yourself and eliminate the middle man?

it would be the same result.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jets Things;3690689]You'll never see that kind of behavior on the 4 or 5. E train is filled with savages.[/QUOTE]

+1

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Timmy®;3690704]why not just beat the s*** out of yourself and eliminate the middle man?

it would be the same result.[/QUOTE]

wtf does that mean...stay up there in your f*ggot state where you can hang, b*tch a$$

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Other than for a pregnant woman, the elderly (male or female), the disabled, or if you're trying to score with a cute chick, I don't think you should give up your seat to a woman. Those days are long over and most women might take it as a slight against them if you offer. If anything, women are physically stronger than us anyway.

Back in the 80s, I was standing on a really crowded F train. I notice a woman next to me who looks like she's about to give birth any second. No one gives up a seat. A few seconds later, she faints and I catch her before she hits the ground. All ended up fine, but illustrates the need for giving up a seat to people who really need it, not just because they are female.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Borgoguy;3690719]Other than for a pregnant woman, the elderly (male or female), the disabled, or if you're trying to score with a cute chick, I don't think you should give up your seat to a woman. Those days are long over and most women might take it as a slight against them if you offer. If anything, women are physically stronger than us anyway.

Back in the 80s, I was standing on a really crowded F train. I notice a woman next to me who looks like she's about to give birth any second. No one gives up a seat. A few seconds later, she faints and I catch her before she hits the ground. All ended up fine, but illustrates the need for giving up a seat to people who really need it, not just because they are female.[/QUOTE]

Always an older woman.

Always a pregnant woman.

Probably an obese woman.

Probably a woman who smiles and makes eye contact in a sweet way.

Not just any woman, they wanted equal rights, they got 'em.

They are women, hear them roar....and stand.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Timmy®;3690722]Always an older woman.

Always a pregnant woman.

[B]Probably an obese woman.[/B]

Probably a woman who smiles and makes eye contact in a sweet way.

Not just any woman, they wanted equal rights, they got 'em.

They are women, hear them roar....and stand.[/QUOTE]

Only if she allows me to point at and mock her once she's in the seat.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Tucker134;3690714]wtf does that mean...stay up there in your f*ggot state where you can hang, b*tch a$$[/QUOTE]

Are you 12?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Polidore22;3690726]Are you 12?[/QUOTE]

and he was the original poster in the "lack of civility" thread:D
    Last edited by Timmy®; 08-20-2010 at 08:41 AM.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    My wife rode the LIRR to work in NYC during two different pregnancies.

Seat offer breakdown:

Suit wearing important guys from LI: [B]0[/B]

Blue collar guys: [B]2[/B]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    NYC is full of self-centered, ill-mannered *******s, and not just limited to subways or buses.

I favorite is the *******, male or female, walking down the sidewalk that despite having plenty of room still manages to bump into you.

Lately, I've been tensing up, so they get a nice stiff elbow. Dumasses. :mad:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=quantum;3690767]NYC is full of self-centered, ill-mannered *******s, and not just limited to subways or buses.

I favorite is the *******, male or female, walking down the sidewalk that despite having plenty of room still manages to bump into you.

Lately, I've been tensing up, so they get a nice stiff elbow. Dumasses. :mad:[/QUOTE]

I saw a Bluetooth ripped from someones ear and stomped on yesterday, just north of Battery Park. No idea why. I'm guessing someone got bumped.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jets Things;3690771]I saw a Bluetooth ripped from someones ear and stomped on yesterday, just north of Battery Park. [/QUOTE]

:applause:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jets Things;3690771]I saw a Bluetooth ripped from someones ear and stomped on yesterday, just north of Battery Park. No idea why. I'm guessing someone got bumped.[/QUOTE]

Does there have to be a reason for ripping a blue tooth and stomping on it? :)

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jets Things;3690771]I saw a Bluetooth ripped from someones ear and stomped on yesterday, just north of Battery Park. No idea why. I'm guessing someone got bumped.[/QUOTE]

lol - I forgot all about the LIRR train rides. :D

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Timmy®;3690722]Always an older woman.

Probably an obese woman.

[/QUOTE]

Obese? No way. Grab a pole, lard arse.

I said no to 2,456 twinkies I would have loved to eat just so I could get to this seat first.

And the older woman has to act like she doesnt care if she gets a seat and cant try to make me feel bad. It has to be my decision.

Iffin she sighs loudly in an attention getting way, looks around desperately and tries to catch my eye......and acts all like "I cant believe there is no seat"..... she is messing with the wrong dude.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    32green, the Grannybaiter.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=32green;3690787]Obese? No way. Grab a pole, lard arse.

I said no to 2,456 twinkies I would have loved to eat just so I could get to this seat first.

And the older woman has to act like she doesnt care if she gets a seat and cant try to make me feel bad. It has to be my decision.

Iffin she sighs loudly in an attention getting way, looks around desperately and tries to catch my eye......and acts all like "I cant believe there is no seat"..... she is messing with the wrong dude.[/QUOTE]

well i guess that's the difference between me and you.

also I don't want her fat ass falling on me in my chair when the brakes are hit.