Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is anybody interested in adopting a Bulldog

Is anybody interested in adopting a Bulldog

To the mods I apologize for posting this, but the Bulldog rescue I belong to has a bit of an emergency.....We are looking for somebody to possibly foster or take this Bulldog...I can only afford the one i have. If anybody can help please pm me...

Ill send pics

Got a call from a girl who is going through a divorce. She left her husband and is staying with a friend and she can’t bring her dog to the place she’s staying. The husband told the girl she has one week to get the dog out or he will put her to sleep.

“Wanda Woo” is 5 years old, spayed & up to date on her shots. She is housetrained & crate trained. She lives with other dogs but wants to be the alpha. She is great with kids. She said she’s about 80 lbs.

Lisa will drive Wanda Woo to where ever she needs to go.

Anyone have any ideas here??

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hall Of Fame

No kill shelter

[URL="www.commonsenseforanimals.org"]www.commonsenseforanimals.org[/URL]
    They're located in northwest Jersey.

That husband sounds like a complete and total bastard FWIW.

Chrebet,

I just sent a PM.

I'd like to get a few more details.

[QUOTE=Colemonster;3691537][URL="www.commonsenseforanimals.org"]www.commonsenseforanimals.org[/URL]
    They're located in northwest Jersey.

That husband sounds like a complete and total bastard FWIW.[/QUOTE]

Don't be so quick to judge. How do you know the woman wasn't caught going down on some guy and that's why the husband can't wait to get her out of the house. With a name like Wanda woo, I'm guessing the dog was closer to the wife. If I was ever cheated on, I wouldn't want anything to do with a dog that reminded me of that soulless *****.

Rookie

I can attest to this being a wonderful breed. I love mine named Clancy...I hope this works out for all involved...

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Chupa;3691562]Don't be so quick to judge. How do you know the woman wasn't caught going down on some guy and that's why the husband can't wait to get her out of the house. With a name like Wanda woo, I'm guessing the dog was closer to the wife. If I was ever cheated on, I wouldn't want anything to do with a dog that reminded me of that soulless *****.[/QUOTE]

I don't care about the wife. No reason to do that to the dog though.

Would you send your kids to a foster home because your wife cheated on you?

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Green Jets & Ham;3691586]Its not his kid, cole, its a dog and apparently not even his dog but hers.

Having said that, I can see where he would give her an ultimatum, get your dog out of here or I'm putting him to sleep, if he's stuck taking care of her dog while she's partying at her girlfriends house and sucking somebody else popsicle.

I'm not saying its right, but I could see where that could push someone over the edge.[/QUOTE]

Sorry. I made the kid comparison because some people do view their pets as family. I don't go quite to that extreme, but I also can't wrap my head around just putting down a healthy animal like that. There are shelters. I posted a link to a no-kill one. Anyway we don't know the circumstances from either side. For all we know the guy could have been abusive or cheated on her. Regardless, it wasn't my intent to offend but I'm a little more touchy on this particular topic (As opposed to everything else I comment on here :D).

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

[QUOTE=King Chrebet;3691530]To the mods I apologize for posting this, but the Bulldog rescue I belong to has a bit of an emergency.....We are looking for somebody to possibly foster or take this Bulldog...I can only afford the one i have. If anybody can help please pm me... Ill send pics

Got a call from a girl who is going through a divorce. She left her husband and is staying with a friend and she can’t bring her dog to the place she’s staying. The husband told the girl she has one week to get the dog out or he will put her to sleep.

“Wanda Woo” is 5 years old, spayed & up to date on her shots. She is housetrained & crate trained. She lives with other dogs but wants to be the alpha. She is great with kids. She said she’s about 80 lbs. Lisa will drive Wanda Woo to where ever she needs to go.

Anyone have any ideas here?? [/QUOTE]

What a shame on all counts. If the woman wants to ultimately keep the dog once she settles down somewhere, I could make some calls to see if someone can foster the dog for a while.

Also, if the dog is used to being around other dogs, people & kids, in other words a busy house full of noise, a shelter may be best.

Let me know what I can to help if you don't get any better offers. :cool:

Jets Insider VIP
    lets stay on topic and get wanda adopted

I would be seriously interested in adopting this dog. Please contact me at [email]jstylez010@yahoo.com[/email] soon as you can.

And I don't care what the circumstances are, this husband is a @sshole.

[QUOTE=King Chrebet;3691530]To the mods I apologize for posting this, but the Bulldog rescue I belong to has a bit of an emergency.....We are looking for somebody to possibly foster or take this Bulldog...I can only afford the one i have. If anybody can help please pm me...

Anyone have any ideas here??

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/QUOTE]

Ugh, hate to hear stories like this.

Sent a PM - we'd be happy to look after the dog, short or long term.

Jets Insider VIP
    I checked with my Calico cat and she said "No Dogs"

but please keep us up to date and let us know when Wanda is safe ....

I think she should become the OFFICIAL JETS INSIDER BULLDOG MASCOT too

Jets Insider VIP
    sticky this

Thank you everybody for your concern. Im checking on some details ill be intouch with all the pm and emails shortly

Could you post a picture of Lisa too. JK, I hope someone can help out. i'm in TEXAS or I would.

Thank you everybody for your concern and interest in stepping up for this dog. Im happy to report that the dog has found a home in VA. Once again thank you so much everybody....If anybody is interested in adopting a Bulldog please contact me there are plenty more, however this was a bit of a situation we had thank you all. She now has a home.

thanks again guys

Hall Of Fame
    Kudos to King, Lisa, everyone who offered to watch the dog,and even those who only offered verbal support. Let's get this dog into a good family.

First of all, unless he intends to do it himself, no professional is going to put down a dog because he lacks a home. The dog will probably be dumped at the ASPCA and in time, might find a new home.

[url]http://www.mightymutts.org/[/url]

I don't care how pissed the guy is, there's no excuse for putting down a perfectly healthy and happy dog. There are tons of rescue organizations committed to finding pets homes for as long as it takes.