Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else already getting sick of Tomlinson?

Hall Of Fame

Anyone else already getting sick of Tomlinson?

I was against the signing from the start, but once he pulled on the green and white I've done nothing but try to love him. We just seem to be trying to force him into the offense so hard these first two games. Seems so unnatural.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by JMJ View Post
    I was against the signing from the start, but once he pulled on the green and white I've done nothing but try to love him. We just seem to be trying to force him into the offense so hard these first two games. Seems so unnatural.
    tell us how well the OL is playing. Then lets talk about LT.

Hall Of Fame
    I'm actually very excited about LT2 this year.

you were against signing him from the start? shocker

All Pro

Re: Anyone else already getting sick of Tomlinson?

Im actually excited about LT this year..

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    tell us how well the OL is playing. Then lets talk about LT.
    What about the 3 designed pass plays to him in our first 12 plays? It isn't really "him" I'm *****ing aabout, it is what we've done with him the first two games. Call it the playcalling if you will. Seems like they are trying far too hard to force him into the offense and again, it seems totaly unnatural.

Veteran
    Not really I think they're taking the fact that he's a good receiver out of the backfield too seriously though.
    Last edited by kdelgado; 08-21-2010 at 09:03 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    wtf are you watching

basically he's been the only positive on offense so far, unless you count Folk

Banned
    Dude... It's the preseason... You expect the Jets to show our actuall game plan during the preseason?

Quote Originally Posted by DefenseWinsChampionships2 View Post
    Dude... It's the preseason... You expect the Jets to show our actuall game plan during the preseason?
    Thank you. Deep breaths

All League
    Not sick of LT. Excited to see what he can do.

I am getting sick of Schotty though.. same, lame, predictable offense. Better change when the real games start.

wtf is the first poster talking about? heck tomlinson didn't even play in the preseason at sd. he needs to get his timing down. as for sch#tty, i'm with you all the way. the guy has zero feel for the flow of the game. we are not seeing a season ready offense. most of it can be laid on sanchez. he's not looking off the receivers and he's throwing into double coverage. brunell suks too. i hope he's 3rd string.

Quote Originally Posted by JetBidi View Post

I am getting sick of Schotty though.. same, lame, predictable offense. Better change when the real games start.

Quote Originally Posted by JetBidi View Post

*Ding Ding Ding* What do you expect with Schotty calling the plays? He's been bad for four years already. We could have pro bowlers at every position and we would still struggle because of the play calling. He's a young Paul Hackett. I was really hoping he would finally leave this year, but I guess he had to "pull out" as a potential candidate because nobody really wanted him as a head coach.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by sameoldjets View Post
    wtf is the first poster talking about? heck tomlinson didn't even play in the preseason at sd. he needs to get his timing down. as for sch#tty, i'm with you all the way. the guy has zero feel for the flow of the game. we are not seeing a season ready offense. most of it can be laid on sanchez. he's not looking off the receivers and he's throwing into double coverage. brunell suks too. i hope he's 3rd string.
    Where is Kellen clemens when we need him?

Hall Of Fame
    No.

Jets Insider VIP
    3 carries, 26 yards.... if only we had kept Two Yards and his 3 carries, 6 yards

Quote Originally Posted by JMJ View Post
    What about the 3 designed pass plays to him in our first 12 plays? It isn't really "him" I'm *****ing aabout, it is what we've done with him the first two games. Call it the playcalling if you will. Seems like they are trying far too hard to force him into the offense and again, it seems totaly unnatural.

Im SICK of sanchez, I dont now what your watching but LT has been the only good thing on offense. Baby nuts Sanchez makes the easy check down to LT everytime. The problem is Sanchez it takes him to long to recognize the blitz and he panics. If they play like they have the ravens will kill us on monday night ....I could see Sanchez throwing three picks easily on monday night

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by sameoldjets View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by escamoter2 View Post
    *Ding Ding Ding* What do you expect with Schotty calling the plays? He's been bad for four years already. We could have pro bowlers at every position and we would still struggle because of the play calling. He's a young Paul Hackett. I was really hoping he would finally leave this year, but I guess he had to "pull out" as a potential candidate because nobody really wanted him as a head coach.
    Agree w/ both comments. Sanchez still looking like he's locking in guys and not looking off DB's and not feeling the blitz. He'll be okay though.

Schotty has been terrible and I agree was hoping he would leave last year. We've got what should be an all pro offense and I still see the run, run, pass, dink and dunk offense.

You've got Holmes and Edwards, and Clowney the preseason wonder. Stretch the god damn field and how about some 1st down passes. Stop with the lateral pass BS and lets get vertical. With a D like ours we can afford to take some chances.

Veteran
    Full Disclosure : I am a cynic, one of those people the fanatics love to hate. Now I'm going to surprise you. I think it's a bit early to get sick of Tomlinson. He's completely bought into the Ryan philosophy, he has not complained, he's enjoying his first child after years of trying - he's looked good tonight, what is there not to like ???

I am perenially against all over-the-hill aging NFL star signings, including beloved Vinnie, Ronnie Lott, Steve Atwater, Art Monk, Brett Favre and the latest grandfather times Mark Brunell and Jason Taylor. It only seems to work when we sign aging OL linemen . . . Jumbo you were fun and good.

That said Tomlinson may not have much left in the tank, but so far he has played, and behaved like the perfect Jet. Darell would like to spend a year on the same team as a legit HOF'er, he seems so much more authentic than Favre and I don't know why . . . maybe he hasn't actually retired before he joined the Jets.

It's a new team for Tomlinson, a smart team would feature him because, you know, he needs the reps moreso then Greene does.