Thread: GOLF: Do you have a driver you love?

JetsInsider.com Legend

GOLF: Do you have a driver you love?

I am getting more into golf. I am using a BS generic oversized driver from years ago and am going to buy a new one.

I don't care so much about distance as I do about keeping it on the fairway.

Do you have a driver that has helped your game?

I went with A Taylor made burner easily took 10 strokes off my game .It's a very forgiving club lots of sweet spots.ZGo to a reputable club dealer ask them to measure the speed of your swing to see wich shaft is the right one for you.
    Good luck

Veteran
    North Shore of Long Island. East Setauket
    my taylor R7 is just awesome

Rookie
    Love my Burner.

Hall Of Fame
    I've been using this rock star for a little more than 3 years. 9.5º stiff flex. Really can't go wrong with a TaylorMade driver.

[IMG]http://www.golfclubsseller.com/images/upload/Image/2(5).jpg[/IMG]

Jets Insider VIP
    It aint the driver...it's the swing. I play at least once a week (I still suck).

I travel a bit and rent clubs. I have hit everything from Cobra to offset drivers. I own a PING G5 12 degree and a Taylor Made Burner 10.5.

When I am not playing well...it doesn't matter which one I use.

Also, consider the new Adams irons, the 5 iron is a semi hybrid and the 3 and 4 iron are hybrids.

That said, go to golf galaxy, get fitted and seriously look at the Burner. TM makes a GREAT club.

[QUOTE=FF2®;3693327]I am getting more into golf. I am using a BS generic oversized driver from years ago and am going to buy a new one.

I don't care so much about distance as I do about keeping it on the fairway.

Do you have a driver that has helped your game?[/QUOTE]

Cannot hit a driver, I believe its all in my head but I just can't hit one.

I can hit a 3 wood or a 2 iron off the fairway but can't hit a driver off the tee.

BTW if you ever find yourselfwith a week to take in some golf on a trip I would take a hard look at PEI. Its about a 5 hour drive for me but worth every second. World class courses for about $40/round. Search PEI - Golf best golfing in the world.

Hall Of Fame
    They don't have drivers at the mini-golf course I go to - something about taking out other golfers across the course. :rolleyes:

Hall Of Fame
    I need a golf course that puts a hole far to the right and in the woods.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=Timmy®;3694582]I need a golf course that puts a hole far to the right and in the woods.[/QUOTE]

lmao...:D

The last time I golfed it was in Vegas...it cost a fricken fortune and the Santa Ana winds....

You would drive the ball (if you could keep it on the tee) it would go 5 yards out, stop, then dart right like an UFO changing direction.

Finally, we ended up facing the condos on the left side of the course hitting directly at someones home, with the hopes that it would somehow stay on the course.

Its traumatizing.
    Last edited by 32green; 08-23-2010 at 09:42 AM.

Schluberator & Gadfly ®
    A driver I love?

DANICA PATRICK!

:rimshot:

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=chesapeakejet;3694614]
    DANICA PATRICK!

[/QUOTE]

give me a woman who putts with her tweeter.

[IMG]http://i432.photobucket.com/albums/qq45/razorbladerob/920-very-long.jpg[/IMG]

Big fan of my slightly old Cleveland Launcher and deciding if I like my new Nike Mach speed better.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=32green;3694612]lmao...:D

The last time I golfed it was in Vegas...it cost a fricken fortune and the Santa Ana winds....

You would drive the ball (if you could keep it on the tee) it would go 5 yards out, stop, then dart right like an UFO changing direction.

Finally, we ended up facing the condos on the left side of the course hitting directly at someones home, with the hopes that it would somehow stay on the course.

Its traumatizing.[/QUOTE]

last time I went my friend hit a wild shot that bounced three times in a busy intersection, luckily no cars were hit

same guy hit another golfer's ball that we'll always refer to as the Titleist 2 Disaster. His shot went on another fareway - old man waving his hands wildly as he hits the geezer's ball back on to our fairway. I saw the whole thing unfold, I'm not sure if I didn't say anything because it would make a good story or not - it happened fast.

[B]"I don't care so much about distance as I do about keeping it on the fairway."[/B]

Yeah, easily solved this is called a 3 wood.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[IMG]http://www.tgw.com/images/products/clubs/menswoods/ping/5169/image.jpg[/IMG]

or

[IMG]http://www.yourgolftravel.com/resources/userfiles/gallery/golf-babes/natalie-gulbis1.jpg[/IMG]

Schluberator & Gadfly ®
    [QUOTE=Timmy®;3694623]give me a woman who putts with her tweeter.

[IMG]http://i432.photobucket.com/albums/qq45/razorbladerob/920-very-long.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

That does it! I'm want to be an LPGA Caddy!