Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Working on Weekends

Working on Weekends

It's my fault for choosing the profession, but working on weekends is starting to take a toll on me. I only get 9 weekends off a year and the rest I'd have to take vacation if I want off.

It's starting to bother me that I don't get see my wife and family on weekends.
    Working on rainy days also sucks

Anyone else work weekends on here?
    Last edited by Dimitri_0515; 08-22-2010 at 02:28 PM.

Just stop a bunch of cute chicks for minor traffic infractions.

[QUOTE=Borgoguy;3693450]Just stop a bunch of cute chicks for minor traffic infractions.[/QUOTE]

:P

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Did it a bunch of years and yeah, it sucked. Thankfully, by the time I got around to getting married and having kids, I was able to get Sundays and Mondays off for the most part.. which was cool. Sunday for family stuff, Monday to do stuff like shopping, banking etc. you dont want to be doing on the weekends.

Good luck, it will be over before you know it.

:D

Alot of times when my mother in law visits I get very busy at work and need to go to the office.

[QUOTE=Dimitri_0515;3693446]It's my fault for choosing the profession, but working on weekends is starting to take a toll on me. I only get 9 weekends off a year and the rest I'd have to take vacation if I want off.

Anyone else work weekends on here?[/QUOTE]

Lot of good people out of work so be grateful.....with some seniority, things will improve.

Make it a point on your day off..take the family to a nice joint, etc...pick the kids up from school, things like that.

Veteran
    [QUOTE=FF2;3693899]Alot of times when my mother in law visits I get very busy at work and need to go to the office.[/QUOTE]

i lol'd.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=southparkcpa;3694020]Lot of good people out of work so be grateful.....[/QUOTE]

You dont say!

I gotta buy a paper.

:dunno:

[QUOTE=FF2;3693899]Alot of times when my mother in law visits I get very busy at work and need to go to the office.[/QUOTE]

Your boss pays your mother in law to visit.

[QUOTE=32green;3694078]You dont say!

I gotta buy a paper.

:dunno:[/QUOTE]

Seemingly you are responsible for the down turn in the printed news business. I hope you can live with yourself.

All League
    I do.

I don't have a family yet though, so I kind of live care free and it doesn't bother me. Also the busy times at work are seasonal for the most part.

All League
    I'm self-employed....I'm working right now (and watching Jets Nation).

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Dimitri_0515;3693446]It's my fault for choosing the profession, but working on weekends is starting to take a toll on me. I only get 9 weekends off a year and the rest I'd have to take vacation if I want off.

Anyone else work weekends on here?[/QUOTE]

During our busy time which occurs 3 times a year, I work anywhere from 4-6 weeks straight including nights and weekends. It takes it's toll after a while. My personal relationships take a backseat to work, my sleep schedule gets completely thrown outta whack and due to that, I get crabby and irritable which makes things with the wife a little tense. I've been doing it 5 years now and I pray that this upcoming block of time will be my last.

[QUOTE=32green;3694078]You dont say!

I gotta buy a paper.

:dunno:[/QUOTE]

I was trying to be helpful...................:huh:

[QUOTE=southparkcpa;3694703]I was trying to be helpful...................:huh:[/QUOTE]

Well, I hope you learned your lesson.

Schluberator & Gadfly
    [QUOTE=FF2;3693899]Alot of times when my [B]mother in law [/B]visits I get very busy at work and need to go to the office.[/QUOTE]

pics please.

Jets Insider VIP
    I am on the golf course every weekend...

sadly I am working... not playing.

[QUOTE=pauliec;3694705]Well, I hope you learned your lesson.[/QUOTE]

and what lesson was that?????

[QUOTE=southparkcpa;3694766]and what lesson was that?????[/QUOTE]

I'm not really sure. I only know there was a lesson there... somewhere.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=southparkcpa;3694703]I was trying to be helpful...................:huh:[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=pauliec;3694705]Well, I hope you learned your lesson.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=southparkcpa;3694766]and what lesson was that?????[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=pauliec;3694854]I'm not really sure. I only know there was a lesson there... somewhere.[/QUOTE]

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXKeNKvl-J4[/url]