Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Tim Cowlishaw claims Revis has New Contract (Merged)

[QUOTE=Conkboy;3694003]Now I think the Revis thing is true...I think both he and Mangold will have new contracts announced this week. They Jets can get a lot of press with the Revis announcement. They will sign Mangold and then franchise Harris next year if there is football or sign him in 2012.[/QUOTE]

Makes sense that Jets would start focusing on Mangold if they are closing in on a deal for Revis. trying to be optimistic.

Banned
    I'm gonna need a new diaper if they sign Revis AND Goldie this week!

Anyone (Sooth, Mods?) know how to chase down Scoops and get the down-low on Revis or Mangold or both?

[QUOTE=freestater;3694013]I would just like to add...

...nipples.

:alien:[/QUOTE]

Can you confirm that?

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Dumps;3694000]Couldn't disagree with you more, the two deals are completely independent of each other. The Brick deal that was completed hasn't stopped the Jets from trying to lock up DR or Goldy. Hopefully we get a deal done with both of them very, very soon. That would say alot for the long-term stability of the franchise and locking up our best, young players.[/QUOTE]

Agree that they're completely independent. But I don't see the Jets able to complete lucrative longterm deals for arguably the best C and best CB in the League at this time while looking down the barrel of a lockout in 2011. The Jets had all but shelved Mangold's deal until next year to try to do Revis. While Woody and company COULD shell out 3 huge bonuses and 3 longterm deals in the same Summer and possibly not seeing football next year, my belief is that they were only going to do 2 right now and that was Brick and Revis. If Mangold gets done it could mean they are throwing in the towel until next year on Revis. JMO.
    Last edited by jetstream23; 08-22-2010 at 07:49 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=fullblast;3694036]Can you confirm that?[/QUOTE]

oh hell yeah. I've been tweeting nipples since long before anybody ever even heard of twitter.

:groucho:

[QUOTE=jetstream23;3694045]Agree that they're completely independent. But I don't see the Jets able to complete lucrative longterm deals for arguably the best C and best CB in the League at this time while looking down the barrel of a lockout in 2011. The Jets had all but shelved Mangold's deal until next year to try to do Revis. While Woody and company COULD shell out 3 huge bonuses and 3 longterm deals in the same Summer and possibly not seeing football next year, my belief is that they were only going to do 2 right now and that was Brick and Revis. If Mangold gets done it could mean they are throwing in the towel until next year on Revis. JMO.[/QUOTE]

This makes more sense but hopefully is not true. :(

All League
    [QUOTE=jetstream23;3694045]Agree that they're completely independent. But I don't see the Jets able to complete lucrative longterm deals for arguably the best C and best CB in the League at this time while looking down the barrel of a lockout in 2011. The Jets had all but shelved Mangold's deal until next year to try to do Revis. While Woody and company COULD shell out 3 huge bonuses and 3 longterm deals in the same Summer and possibly not seeing football next year, my belief is that they were only going to do 2 right now and that was Brick and Revis. If Mangold gets done it could mean they are throwing in the towel until next year on Revis. JMO.[/QUOTE]

It's a situation where both deals need to be done anyway, I do not think signing Mangold will/would affect the scope of the Revis deal. IMO, signing Revis is going to require a large-signing bonus anyway. I think the talk about moving on Mangold is actually a good sign as far the Revis talks are concerned, perhaps a deal is *close* with Revis and therefore the front office has also begun to move forward on Mangold and get his deal done as well. I will say this, if Goldy does get signed and Revis doesn't it makes DR look horrible. It kills his PR, as the man who reported to camp got his deal and the man that didn't is still sitting out and waiting for his.

Nick Spano Tweets

[QUOTE]Revis will get done, im 100% sure, not sure if its wednesday, but then Harris next offseason.... Franchise either Cro/BE/Holmes .. sign 1/2[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]#
    # i have MUCH more info, but i really dont feel like writing it on twitter, cuz i cant go in depth with it.... plus JetsNation is on..bbl 5 minutes ago via web

# #3. Tim is a VERY respected writer, just look at the big names backing him even with sources denying the reports ( Mortensen, King, etc) 10 minutes ago via web

# #2. Tim Cowlishaw's recent familiarity with the HBO Hardknocks crew, Tim works for the Dallas Morning News, remem. DALLAS was on HardKnocks 11 minutes ago via web

# #1. Media blackout for reporters (Jets beats) none of them have any info, seem to be scrambling, to the reason on the recent Mangold info 13 minutes ago via web [/QUOTE]

All League
    Cimini, Metha and Schefter just tweeted that the Mangold deal is basically "done." Metha said the $ numbers will be very similar to the deal Jason Brown signed last year.
    Last edited by Dumps; 08-22-2010 at 08:04 PM.

Banned
    [QUOTE=Dumps;3694074]Cimini, Metha and Schefter just tweeted that the Mangold deal is basically "done." Metha said the $ numbers's will be very similar to the deal Jason Brown signed last year.[/QUOTE]

As was reported.

These guys had NO CLUE about Mangold and they are trying to say no deal with Revis...

I'm with Tim Cowlishaw!

BOTH Mangold AND Revis!

They had to get the numbers for Revis set and then gave Mangold his!

All League
    How ironic, an outsider 'breaks' the Revis news and all of a sudden the asleep-at-the-buffet table Jets beat 'writers' & the other zeros now have a Mangold exclusive. :zzz:

Pathetic..............................:rolleyes:

Pretty funny how the Mangold deal was uncovered only after Cowlishaw forced Jets beat reporters to do some work. Should be an exciting week in Jets land.

[QUOTE=Hitman Harris;3694077]As was reported.

These guys had NO CLUE about Mangold and they are trying to say no deal with Revis...

I'm with Tim Cowlishaw!

BOTH Mangold AND Revis!

They had to get the numbers for Revis set and then gave Mangold his![/QUOTE]

I 100% agree with you... I think that the Jets beat writers are just pissy because they didn't get the information

[QUOTE=Al Woodall Rocks!;3694080]How ironic, an outsider 'breaks' the Revis news and all of a sudden the asleep-at-the-buffet table Jets beat 'writers' & the other zeros now have a Mangold exclusive. :zzz:

Pathetic..............................:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

It shows how little work these beat writers actually do

Well, to say that TC had it wrong and was confused as to the difference between Mangold and Revis... well that's about the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Come on, who really doesn't know the difference between the words "Nick Mangold" and "Darrelle Revis"? Are we really that stupid to believe that?

I believe this is a Hard Knocks source and that what's going on right now is purely for the drama of the show... if in fact there is a deal. We'll find out come Weds.

[quote]Nick Spano Tweets

Quote:
    Revis will get done, im 100% sure, not sure if its wednesday, but then Harris next offseason.... Franchise either Cro/BE/Holmes .. sign 1/2
    Quote:
    #
    # i have MUCH more info, but i really dont feel like writing it on twitter, cuz i cant go in depth with it.... plus JetsNation is on..bbl 5 minutes ago via web

# #3. Tim is a VERY respected writer, just look at the big names backing him even with sources denying the reports ( Mortensen, King, etc) 10 minutes ago via web

# #2. Tim Cowlishaw's recent familiarity with the HBO Hardknocks crew, Tim works for the Dallas Morning News, remem. DALLAS was on HardKnocks 11 minutes ago via web

# #1. Media blackout for reporters (Jets beats) none of them have any info, seem to be scrambling, to the reason on the recent Mangold info 13 minutes ago via web[/quote]

I LOVE IT!!!!

Not only are Jets fans getting an early xmas gift, the entire NY media have all just been OWNED by the Jets!

BTW, who is Nick Spano?

Hall Of Fame
    Its sad how mad a lot of you guys are at the NY media.

Ooooo, the big bad media, scary.

Pathetic.

Practice Squad
    [QUOTE=Green Jets & Ham;3694094]I'll drop him a PM

[B]Don't anyone else do it. I don't want to load up his mailbox, but I'll drop him a PM and hope he responds.[/B]

But don't count on it because he really doesn't post here other than those occasions when he feels like throwing us a bone way in advance of the actual story breaking, usually for situations like this (assuming its true), but there's really no why to know if he'll show up or not ... he just does when he does.[/QUOTE]

You should probably bold this and put it in caps, you know how some of the people are on here. :D