Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Tim Cowlishaw claims Revis has New Contract (Merged)

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=jetstream23;3693969]Scoops: "Revis will announce a new deal on Wednesday."

Darrelle Revis via Twitter: "I don't have a new deal with the Jets."

Scoops @DarrelleRevis: "Yes you do."

Darrelle Revis: "You're right, I do."

:P[/QUOTE]

lmao....

Scoops definitely works for the Jets

I don't think he/she has ever commented on pending rumors, just tweets stuff to the board before it is announced by any media outlet.

I don't think we will hear anything from Scoops unless a deal is "official" for all intents and purposes

Jets Insider VIP
    Like I said, until Scoops says it, it ain't real.

Also, both the Jets & Team Revis have to deny the rumor because of the agreed media blackout. Thus, even if Tim was correct, the beat writers contacting the Jets or Team Revis would be told the rumor is false.

So, if Tim is correct, he got his information from a 3rd source, that is, someone NOT from the Jets or Team Revis.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Oh man. If TC has a HardKnocks source and as we all know HK is with the Jets almost 100% of the time then this is a killer scoop. It could be something as simple as a HK producer, cameraman, etc simply being in the backseat of a car again with Tanny. Then a call or txt to TC. This time, a much different drive home after meeting with Camp Revis. Wow if this is what happened.
    Last edited by jetstream23; 08-22-2010 at 09:34 PM.

[QUOTE=SMC;3694107]Like I said, until Scoops says it, it ain't real.

Also, both the Jets & Team Revis have to deny the rumor because of the agreed media blackout. Thus, even if Tim was correct, the beat writers contacting the Jets or Team Revis would be told the rumor is false.

So, if Tim is correct, he got his information from a 3rd source, that is, someone NOT from the Jets or Team Revis.[/QUOTE]

Did Scoops say anything about Mangold???

Just because it doesn't say anything doesn't mean it's not true.

What was the last report from Scoops? I bet a lot has happened since then.

All League
    I know a lot of people are down on him here, but I still love Darrelle Revis. In my short time watching the Jets (13 years), he is the best player the Jets have had, by far. I'm not religious, but I pray this is true.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=jetstream23;3694108]Oh man. If TC has a HardKnocks source and as we all know HK is with the Jets almost 100% of the time then this is a killer scoop. It could be something as simple as a HK producer, cameraman, etc simply being in the backseat of a car again with Tanny. This time, a much different drive home after meeting with Camp Revis. Wow if this is what happened.[/QUOTE]

Definitely possible.

Again, if Tim is correct his source had to be a 3rd party. I seriously doubt that the Jets or Team Revis would violate their own agreed media blackout. Beat writers contacting either side are dumb because they wouldn't be told the truth.

[QUOTE=Woody56;3694113]I know a lot of people are down on him here, but I still love Darrelle Revis. In my short time watching the Jets (13 years), he is the best player the Jets have had, by far. I'm not religious, but I pray this is true.[/QUOTE]

I agree 100%

[QUOTE=SMC;3694114]Definitely possible.

Again, if Tim is correct his source had to be a 3rd party. I seriously doubt that the Jets or Team Revis would violate their own agreed media blackout. Beat writers contacting either side are dumb because they wouldn't be told the truth.[/QUOTE]

That's why I am believing Tim over these beat writers

[QUOTE=Green Jets & Ham;3694094]I'll drop him a PM

Don't anyone else do it. I don't want to load up his mailbox, but I'll drop him a PM and hope he responds.

But don't count on it because he really doesn't post here other than those occasions when he feels like throwing us a bone way in advance of the actual story breaking, usually for situations like this (assuming its true), but there's really no way to know if he'll show up or not ... he just does when he does.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Ham

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=SMC;3694114]Definitely possible.

Again, if Tim is correct his source had to be a 3rd party. I seriously doubt that the Jets or Team Revis would violate their own agreed media blackout. Beat writers contacting either side are dumb because they wouldn't be told the truth.[/QUOTE]

Not to mention Tanny is all about smokescreens and deception in the media.

Jets Insider VIP
    maybe scoops is the one who tipped of Cowlishaw

[QUOTE=Woody56;3694113]I know a lot of people are down on him here, but I still love Darrelle Revis. In my short time watching the Jets (13 years), he is the best player the Jets have had, by far.[/QUOTE]

Wanting him on the field and thinking he's a greedy selfish jerk are very different things.

I WANT him playing! You'd be stupid not to.

But my opinion of him will probably not change very much after this...

There's a lot he could have been teaching Wilson and even Cro and Pool re on field communications with the D.

Look at what Mangold did!

I have felt from day 1 that after the 2nd pre-season game the Revis negotiations would really begin. The jets have too much invested in this season not to have REVIS. If we can sign Mangold as well it would be a sick week. It's going to be interesteing what Revis ends up with I'm guessing 13 mill a season with big signing bonus...and at least 35-40 mill guaranteed.

djr44

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=djr44;3694134]I have felt from day 1 that after the 2nd pre-season game the Revis negotiations would really begin. The jets have too much invested in this season not to have REVIS. If we can sign Mangold as well it would be a sick week. It's going to be interesteing what Revis ends up with I'm guessing 13 mill a season with big signing bonus...and at least 35-40 mill guaranteed.

djr44[/QUOTE]

there you have it

cowlishaw nailed it and NOW we have PROOF

because djr44 vowed not to ever post here again until his american idol revis signed a contract

maybe djr44 is scoops in disguise

[QUOTE=Hitman Harris;3694126]Wanting him on the field and thinking he's a greedy selfish jerk are very different things.

I WANT him playing! You'd be stupid not to.

[B]But my opinion of him will probably not change very much after this...[/B]
    There's a lot he could have been teaching Wilson and even Cro and Pool re on field communications with the D.

Look at what Mangold did![/QUOTE]

At first I felt the same way, but now I want to see what the final contract is.

If it's "team-friendly", I'll probably give him a pass for trying to bluff and the Jets calling him on it (can't blame the guy for trying!)

But if it does appear that the Jets had to bend-over, and the long-term ramifications can potentially hurt the team, then yeah . . . the guy will pretty much be Jason Taylor to me;)

Latest TC tweet, for those wondering if he may have been confusing Mangold/Revis...

[quote]@[URL="http://twitter.com/Jets321"]Jets321[/URL] yeah I don't know the difference between mangold and revis. Please...[/quote] ...

TC's latest, just as I predicted.

[quote]@Jets321 yeah I don't know the difference between mangold and revis. Please...[/quote]

Anyone thinking he got them confused, that's just retarded.

If both players get signed this week, it would be a major psychological coup for the organization.

It also means that speculation of Mangold having suffered a type of concussion last week leading him to miss the first game v. the the Giants could have been in error.

Either way, I hope the crisis finally comes to an end.

Rookie
    [QUOTE=southside;3694142]TC's latest, just as I predicted.

Anyone thinking he got them confused, that's just retarded.[/QUOTE]

Well that descriptor would be apt for Florio, wouldn't you say? :D :yes: