Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Tim Cowlishaw claims Revis has New Contract (Merged)

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=NYJ0815;3694145]Well that descriptor would be apt for Florio, wouldn't you say? :D :yes:[/QUOTE]

Absolutely. :D

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Just Wondering...

...what does "inaccurate" mean in this case? Does it mean TC has the wrong day, or TC is just dead wrong on the issue?

"...a league source familiar with the Revis situation characterized a Twitter post from Dallas Morning News columnist Tim Cowlishaw reporting a deal might be announced [B]THAT SOON[/B] as "inaccurate.""

To me it sounds like political speak to side step the question without saying "No Comment". I'm a little surprised there was no follow up, that I know of, by the reporter on the use of "that soon" and "inaccurate".

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like the terms must be reviewed and it will take a few days to confirm both deals

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cowlishaw seems pretty adamant about this one, that gives me hope that where there's some smoke, there's some fire. Obviously nobody else in the business seems to think that's the case, but maybe Cowlishaw just has better sources. Or maybe, I'm just too gullible because I want this all to be over. lol

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Ven0m;3694156]Cowlishaw seems pretty adamant about this one, that gives me hope that where there's some smoke, there's some fire. Obviously nobody else in the business seems to think that's the case, but maybe Cowlishaw just has better sources. Or maybe, I'm just too gullible because I want this all to be over. lol[/QUOTE]

He is seriously staking his rep on this one. Please god.

[IMG]http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4011/4274257120_5bcc8005db.jpg[/IMG]

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Polidore22;3694161]He is seriously staking his rep on this one. Please god.

[IMG]http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4011/4274257120_5bcc8005db.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

San Diego police station before facing the judge?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Ven0m;3694156]Cowlishaw seems pretty adamant about this one, that gives me hope that where there's some smoke, there's some fire. Obviously nobody else in the business seems to think that's the case, but maybe Cowlishaw just has better sources. Or maybe, I'm just too gullible because I want this all to be over. lol[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it could be a product of wishful thinking.

BUT, like I said above, beatwriters ARE NOT going to get correct information from the Jets and Team Revis on this because of the media blackout.

So I think it's stupid that Manish, Cimini, Ventras, etc. are contacting the Jets or Team Revis for confirmation. THEY ARE NOT GOING TO TELL YOU THE TRUTH. That's what a media black out is.

So, if they want to get real info they need to look elsewhere.

Tim got his info from a 3rd party, I'm pretty sure of it.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=TokyoJetsFan;3694163]San Diego police station before facing the judge?[/QUOTE]

:rotfl:

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    So the consensus out is that Tim Cowlishaw's source is in fact, involved with HBO, and for a guy as well respected as Tim, there has to be something there, i for one agree him, but am being cautiously optimistic.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    so does he play fri nite?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE] Adam_Schefter

[B]Someone as experienced as Tim should not be dismissed [/B]RT @TimCowlishaw: yeah I don't know the difference between mangold and revis. Please. [/QUOTE]

Seems like the other marquee insiders are standing behind Cowlishaw. None have confirmed the info, but they all have refused to dismiss it.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bigmoe;3694175]so does he play fri nite?[/QUOTE]

Sure hope so!
    Because he's not gonna be playing in the 4th game.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Super Mario;3694179]Seems like the other marquee insiders are standing behind Cowlishaw. None have confirmed the info, but they all have refused to dismiss it.[/QUOTE]

Exactly more the reason why it has to be an HBO source, no other reporters (National, and Local) have gotten information from the Jets or Revis camp, but then again Schefter and King,Mort, dont want to deny it.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=djr44;3694134]I have felt from day 1 that after the 2nd pre-season game the Revis negotiations would really begin. The jets have too much invested in this season not to have REVIS. If we can sign Mangold as well it would be a sick week. It's going to be interesteing what Revis ends up with I'm guessing 13 mill a season with big signing bonus...and at least 35-40 mill guaranteed.

djr44[/QUOTE]
    $13 million a year for ten years is still way too much for a CB no matter who he is, unless there is substantial funny money at the end.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=EM31;3694209]$13 million a year for ten years is still way too much for a CB no matter who he is, unless there is substantial funny money at the end.[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing somewhere between 10 and 12 a year, with his up front monies, and some guarantees that will make him happy and won't cripple the team from making their moves.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Super Mario;3694179]Seems like the other marquee insiders are standing behind Cowlishaw. None have confirmed the info, but they all have refused to dismiss it.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE][URL="http://twitter.com/jetsboyee"]jetsboyee[/URL]: any truth 2 the rumor the jets n revis r close 2 a deal? ... In my opinion, no. Not true. A deal by Weds would surprise me.

[URL="http://twitter.com/Adam_Schefter"]Adam_Schefter[/URL]: In my opinion, no. Not true. A deal by Weds would surprise me.[/QUOTE]

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    As if ESPN never made up unsubstantiated breaking news to keep a story moving.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=pauliec;3694215]As if ESPN never made up unsubstantiated breaking news to keep a story moving.[/QUOTE]

You got a good point there.

FAVRE IS RETIRING. Uhh, no he isn't. :D

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=pauliec;3694215]As if ESPN never made up unsubstantiated breaking news to keep a story moving.[/QUOTE]

Like the infamous Mort Report of Eli Manning being out two months because of his shoulder?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Ray Ray19;3694141]...

Latest TC tweet, for those wondering if he may have been confusing Mangold/Revis...
    Quote:@Jets321 yeah I don't know the difference between mangold and revis. Please... [/QUOTE]

Wow this guy seems real...cause he....

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnrPP3qkM0E&feature=related[/url]