Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 LastLast

Thread: Tim Cowlishaw claims Revis has New Contract (Merged)

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=escamoter2;3694866]What if I really do beat my wife? :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Then the source I just made up would be right..:yes:

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=escamoter2;3694861]He originally said he referred to scoops. Now, he is correcting himself and saying he didn't so it is a non-issue. But, I still worry about anybody who asks Tim for his source and expects Tim to tell him.[/QUOTE]

Here's my proof I didn't tell him that

[url]www.twitter.com/wrcrusher77/[/url]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Savage69;3694869]Then the source I just made up would be right..:yes:[/QUOTE]

Your source is right! I only beat my wife because she likes it. :D

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=escamoter2;3694861]He originally said he referred to scoops. Now, he is correcting himself and saying he didn't so it is a non-issue. But, I still worry about anybody who asks Tim for his source and expects Tim to tell him.[/QUOTE]

Haha well yes this I agree with. That is embarrassing :D Just thought everyone was being a WEE bit overdramatic.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Green Jets & Ham;3694872]If some reporter wants to log on to JI and accept a random poster as a credible source that's his business, Scoops posts his updates here so that's a chance he's willing to take, but to start tweeting reporters about our source at JI and inviting attention would GET ME OUTTA HERE if I were him.[/QUOTE]

Another example of why nothing good can come of this tweeting bullsh**.

And I cant believe any competent journalist or athlete would even respond to a bunch of nitwits tweeting them about ANYTHING.

I dont get it.

:dunno:

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=escamoter2;3694875]Your source is right! I only beat my wife because she likes it. :D[/QUOTE]

My source was your wife.. When I asked if she knew where you were she said; Beats me..:eek:

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Polidore22;3694878]Haha well yes this I agree with. That is embarrassing :D Just thought everyone was being a WEE bit overdramatic.[/QUOTE]

Exactly:D

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Polidore22;3694844]I'm confused. The guy didn't say mention scoops in any way did he? Not to mention this thread has done more to "out" him than a random twitter post.[/QUOTE]

LOL :applause::applause::applause::applause:
    I agree that by you guys getting all pissed off and just calling this kid out for sending TC a twitter message is giving Scoops more attention than anything on that tweet. LOL

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Green Jets & Ham;3694872]If some reporter wants to log on to JI and accept a random poster as a credible source that's his business, Scoops posts his updates here so that's a chance he's willing to take, but to start tweeting reporters about our source at JI and inviting attention would GET ME OUTTA HERE if I were him.

Scoops said if anything changes with Revis he'll let us know, but after this I would say "F THEM" if I were him.[/QUOTE]

Ok... this isn't exactly a hidden site. It's super popular. Cimini posts here occasionally. We've been discussing scoops for 10 pages. I'm pretty sure this thread has done more to out him than any random tweet. Not to mention he didn't mention scoops at all. JMO, carry on.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=palmetto defender;3694835]Exactly. He reports what he hears. Same as a network news anchor. That's his job. It may not always be 100%. He doesn't loses credibility for one time or one time a month. It's only sports for God's sake.
    And his job is, I am sure, most safe.
    Far less safe would be Rex who has esssentially guaranteed a Super Bowl victory. Lose cred there if it doesn't happen?[/QUOTE]

I don't know what you guys are on about, but he absolutely stands to lose credibility if his source turns out to be dead wrong. He may not be responsible for what his source is telling him, but he absolutely bares responsibility for putting those words in print and then standing behind them. Nobody put a gun to his head and told him to report whatever half ass rumor he hears. He has a conscious choice on whether to sit on what he hears, or report it if he feels is source is reliable enough.

No one is saying he will lose his job over this, I think we all understand the differences in sports journalism compared with its other more serious cousins, but the next time Cowlishaw reports breaking news, his words will carry considerably less weight if this report turns out to be completely erroneous, and thus why I said he will lose credibility.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why has this thread turned into a study of Scoopintology?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=2nd generation jet fan;3694871]Here's my proof I didn't tell him that

[url]www.twitter.com/wrcrusher77/[/url][/QUOTE]

You didn't have to prove anything to me. I was going by your original post on this in which you referred to scoops (read your original post on what you tweeted--I don't feel like looking for it to quote herein). Your post is what made us all think you referred to him. When you said you really didn't say his name, I believed you. I'm not even going to your twitter account. It's not that important to me.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Polidore22;3694892]Ok... this isn't exactly a hidden site. It's super popular. Cimini posts here occasionally. We've been discussing scoops for 10 pages. I'm pretty sure this thread has done more to out him than any random tweet. Not to mention he didn't mention scoops at all. JMO, carry on.[/QUOTE]

Exactly:yes:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Polidore22;3694892]Ok... this isn't exactly a hidden site. It's super popular. Cimini posts here occasionally. We've been discussing scoops for 10 pages. I'm pretty sure this thread has done more to out him than any random tweet. Not to mention he didn't mention scoops at all. JMO, carry on.[/QUOTE]

OH NO!

Scoops = Cimini.

:eek:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Savage69;3694883]My source was your wife.. When I asked if she knew where you were she said; Beats me..:eek:[/QUOTE]

At least it wasn't my mistress.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Polidore22;3694892]Ok... this isn't exactly a hidden site. It's super popular. Cimini posts here occasionally. We've been discussing scoops for 10 pages. I'm pretty sure this thread has done more to out him than any random tweet. Not to mention he didn't mention [B][U]scoops[/U][/B] at all. JMO, carry on.[/QUOTE]

Oh no! You mentioned him! We're screwed!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=escamoter2;3694895]You didn't have to prove anything to me. I was going by your original post on this in which you referred to scoops (read your original post on what you tweeted--I don't feel like looking for it to quote herein). Your post is what made us all think you referred to him. When you said you really didn't say his name, I believed you. I'm not even going to your twitter account. It's not that important to me.[/QUOTE]

Yea what I sent to him didn't say scoops in it but I posted scoopsnhere cuz we all know him as scoops

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Green Jets & Ham;3694872]If some reporter wants to log on to JI and accept a random poster as a credible source that's his business, Scoops posts his updates here so that's a chance he's willing to take, but to start tweeting reporters about our source at JI and inviting attention would GET ME OUTTA HERE if I were him.

Scoops said if anything changes with Revis he'll let us know, but after this I would say "F THEM" if I were him.[/QUOTE]

He didn't mention JI though, he didn't mention a message board. I think its being overblown.

Tim Replied to him.

@wrcrusher77 Really, you think that's how this works? Jets say no deal so I say, Ok, my source is so-and-so? 38 minutes ago via web in reply to wrcrusher77

This was the poster who sent him a tweet, I don't think it was bad or a reason for Scoop to not want to come here.

@timcowlishaw who is your source. and a person that works on the jets says that they didn't get the deal done about 1 hour ago via mobile web

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=southside;3694897]OH NO!

:poop: = Cimini.

:eek:[/QUOTE]

Fixed..

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=escamoter2;3694899]Oh no! You mentioned him! We're screwed![/QUOTE]

Oh no hurry up delete it if u still have time :rolleyes: