Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Tim Cowlishaw claims Revis has New Contract (Merged)

+1 to all the "Hope This Ain't Bull****" posts.

Getting Revis on the field now, as opposed later, is a good thing.

Latest from Cowlishaw:

TC: @BrittSlovak and what would I possibly gain by doing that? My source said should be announced wed. i have every reason to believe.

All League

Bad News . . . maybe

[url]http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/playerbreakingnews.asp?sport=NFL&id=4155&line=178938&spln=1[/url]

[QUOTE=jetswin;3693719]I never heard of the guy but it seems odd that a Dallas reporter would have this story, Revis is from PA...then again it seems so odd, maybe it's true?[/QUOTE]

As a Dallas reporting he could have good HK contacts from last year. Which is how he knows Wed.

Jets Insider VIP
    ESPN's Adam Schefter disputes a Twitter post from Tim Cowlishaw of the Dallas Morning News that claimed Darrelle Revis was close to signing a long-term extension with the Jets.
    Jenny Vrentas of the Newark Star-Ledger agrees with Schefter. It appears Cowlishaw's Twitter account may have been hacked, and he's not a reporter. The Morning News columnist has no track record of breaking major news. Aug. 22 - 4:31 pm et
    Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter

So much for that :(

[QUOTE=southside;3693770]Cowboys recently did Hard Knocks. Maybe he has a contact through them?[/QUOTE]

Possibly yes,it can be any number of ways.Maybe he's just on good terms with a Cowboys player who shares an agent with Revis,perhaps he went to college with one of the agents.Sources can be anywhere and cultivated any number of ways.
    Hope he's legit,if not then he has zero future as a journalist/reporter.Interesting that he already seems to be backtracking slightly from the initial tweet....can't help thinking where there's smoke ther's fire and he sounds like an established guy so not some no mark trying to make a name for himself

[QUOTE=Redlichtie;3693765]Thing is they need to sound authoratitive and 'in the loop' so they are bound to publicly make it look like they know one way or the other.The reality is they and Schefter are inwardly in turmoil that they've potentially missed the scoop,they'll be scrabbling around now desperately trying to find out what's going on.If the guy is wrong he has zero credibilty.As to why a guy in Dallas would know it could be for any number of reasons,likely that he has direct contact with Feinsod,Schwartz or possibly Gilbert.[/QUOTE]

I agree, great points!

All League
    from PFT:

[QUOTE]A fairly slow Sunday afternoon has been spiced up by a Twitter conflict regarding the question of whether the Jets and cornerback Darrelle Revis are close to getting a deal done.

For those of you who haven't been paying attention, Revis failed to show up for the start of training camp three weeks ago.

It all started with a tweet from Tim Cowlishaw, a sports writer who doesn't focus on football and who has become best known for his work on ESPN's Around The Horn. In a message with the tone that we're used to seeing from the OCNN, Cowlishaw writes, "Revis and Jets announce new deal, probably Wednesday. You heard it here first. 'Inside information!'"

In a follow up, Cowlishaw writes, "I was told they will announce it this week, not [definitely] Wednesday but probably Wednesday. This person has never been wrong."

But there's a first time for everything. Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News writes that the team and Revis "have no plans" to announce a contract this week. Jenny Vrentas of the Newark Star-Ledger reports that she has "confirmed" that the Cowlishaw tweet isn't true.

It remains to be seen how this one plays out. Rosenthal thinks Cowlishaw's Twitter account may have been hacked. I think that Cowlishaw simply wants a little attention, given that everyone has been talking about one of his ATH colleagues.[/QUOTE]

All League
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=simijet;3693781][url]http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/playerbreakingnews.asp?sport=NFL&id=4155&line=178938&spln=1[/url][/QUOTE]

I think TC subsquent post to Bob Glauber....apparently calling him "Cubby" to confirm that he is the real TC refutes this.

Of course, it could be a consipiaricy on multiple levels such that this hacker hacked Bob Glauber's twitter account then tweeted to the fake TC only to have the fake TC tweet back to the fake Bob Glauber......oh the misery!

CONFIRMED: it IS infact Tim Cowlishaw, not hacked not a fake, so lets see how good his source is.

[QUOTE=10PennyToColes87;3693783]ESPN's Adam Schefter disputes a Twitter post from Tim Cowlishaw of the Dallas Morning News that claimed Darrelle Revis was close to signing a long-term extension with the Jets.
    Jenny Vrentas of the Newark Star-Ledger agrees with Schefter. It appears Cowlishaw's Twitter account may have been hacked, and he's not a reporter. The Morning News columnist has no track record of breaking major news. Aug. 22 - 4:31 pm et
    Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter

So much for that :([/QUOTE]

Wrong. Wasn't hacked.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=simijet;3693781][url]http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/playerbreakingnews.asp?sport=NFL&id=4155&line=178938&spln=1[/url][/QUOTE]

That was reported a while ago. Hard to believe but Schefter's been wrong before, most notably in the Favre fiasco in early August.

Cowlishaw probably has a bet with someone that he can add 1,000 followers on Twitter by the end of the night....

Good to see Cowlishaw is not hiding and in fact it is really him and hes sticking by his source, we will see...... LETS GO COWLISHAW and COWLISHAW'S SOURCE

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Green Jets & Ham;3693795]See Above (old news)[/QUOTE]

Until Scoops reports it, it's bull**** to me.

Cowlishaw again:

TC: I expect Jets writers to shoot down what I wrote about Revis. That's their job. It's not Wednesday is it? I fully expect it then.

@TIMECOWLISHAW : I expect Jets writers to shoot down what I wrote about Revis. That's their job. It's not Wednesday is it? I fully expect it then.

wow, he must really believe this.

All League
    TimCowlishaw

I expect Jets writers to shoot down what I wrote about Revis. That's their job. It's not Wednesday is it? I fully expect it then.

[B]Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News writes that the team and Revis "have no plans" to announce a contract this week. Jenny Vrentas of the Newark Star-Ledger reports that she has "confirmed" that the Cowlishaw tweet isn't true[/B]

The 'have no plans' quote is the key thing here.That is a telling.

This dude know something.....