Thread: Fantasy Football Question

Fantasy Football Question

Im a league commisioner and the other owners gave me the option to choose my draft position since i took the time to set everything up.

what is the best position to draft in?
    Its a snake type draft.

Hall Of Fame
    Anywhere in the top 4.

There is a pretty big dropoff after Peterson, Johnson, Jones-Drew, and Rice IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    Anywhere in the top 4.

and if you cant get those go for 8-10. 5-7 suck

Ohh its a 12 team league. So if i pick in the top4 ill have to wait around 18 to 20 spots before i make another pick at the end on the second round.

Is that a better strategy or should i go down to like spot 10 and get 2 top 15 players?

Also another quick question.

I know the Fantasy rankings have the top 5 players being all RBs.
    But when you look at Fantasy points Projections Aaron Rodgers is #1 on total fantasy points over C Johnson and Peterson.

So why would you draft those 2 before Rodgers?

Look at last year Peterson ended near the bottom of the top 10 in fantasy points and the top 10 has 8 QBs and only 2 RBs. So why does everyone insist on going RB 1st?

Quote Originally Posted by Gluis011 View Post
    Also another quick question.

I know the Fantasy rankings have the top 5 players being all RBs.
    But when you look at Fantasy points Projections Aaron Rodgers is #1 on total fantasy points over C Johnson and Peterson.

So why would you draft those 2 before Rodgers?

Look at last year Peterson ended near the bottom of the top 10 in fantasy points and the top 10 has 8 QBs and only 2 RBs. So why does everyone insist on going RB 1st?
    I love it when suckers in my FF league reach for QB's. LOL. Look at the drop off between top tier WR;s and top tier QB's. You can get the 7-8-9th best QB and have a difference of 50-75 fantast pts total. You often need two or three top tier WR;s and the drop offs for second tier players is huge. It is a balancing act for sure.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    Anywhere in the top 4.

+1

The only one of those I'm weary of this year is MJD. CJ2K, A-Pete and Rice are all locks for huge statistical years barring injury and then to get what's tantamount to two 2nd rd picks would be huge.

Quote Originally Posted by Gluis011 View Post
    Im a league commisioner and the other owners gave me the option to choose my draft position since i took the time to set everything up.

what is the best position to draft in?
    Its a snake type draft.

The #1 position is statistically proven to be the best position.