Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What kind of driver are you?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

What kind of driver are you?

The "Dont honk at old people" thread made me think.

I think I am a "respect" based driver;

Meaning....I am looking for it.

Respect.

At a four way stop sign, anyone even slowing down and acknowledging my vehicle...gets the headlight flash, you go first.

Any situation where people have to cooperate, sans lights, I defer to any other cooperator...when they play into my respect game.

I always defer to kids, or adult with kids. Surprised at the many folks who treat them as impediments to their road progress.

I may be attacked by a non-respector one day, but I am prepared.

But the rest of you are safe as long as you play my game.

Thaaaaaaaaaaats right.

:cool:

I'm pretty aggressive when I have to be. I have no patience with people going 40 in the left lane and weave in an out of traffic. I'm also the guy that comes up within half a foot of you and starts highbeaming you to get out of the way. I then throw rotten tomatoes at you once I pass you.

All League
    Respectful, until you dis-respect me, then borderline road rager!! Really hate tail gaters (I'll give ya a break check!) and drivers that dont know how to merge:steamin: especially when you are in the lane that needs to merge and you try to pass.

I am pretty respectful and courteous. My 2 biggest problems are when people tailgate me on the highway or when people don't pay attention on their cellphones when i am on my motorcycle.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=2milehighJet;3696214]Respectful, until you dis-respect me, then borderline road rager!! Really hate tail gaters (I'll give ya a break check!) and drivers that dont know how to merge:steamin: especially when you are in the lane that needs to merge and you try to pass.[/QUOTE]

Thats it, pretty much.

:D

Lately, I am alarmed by the number of drive-texters.

I may have to say hello to one.

_

[QUOTE=32green;3696216]Thats it, pretty much.

:D

Lately, I am alarmed by the number of drive-texters.

I may have to say hello to one.

_[/QUOTE]

I once saw a Hasidic reading a book at the same time while driving. I was scared out of my mind.

Patient in 95% of the situations I come up against. Like 32 I give most people the break. Drive the limit but can't handle doing under it. I must pass someone doing 40 in a 50 zone.

[QUOTE=MACPAC;3696221]Patient in 95% of the situations I come up against. Like 32 I give most people the break. Drive the limit but can't handle doing under it. I must pass someone doing 40 in a 50 zone.[/QUOTE]

Exactly +1

:eek: <------ forgot to add, this is what I look like when my wife is driving.

[QUOTE=MACPAC;3696223]:eek: <------ forgot to add, this is what I look like when my wife is driving.[/QUOTE]

Does she curse at every single person that's out there too?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=MACPAC;3696223]:eek: <------ forgot to add, this is what I look like when my wife is driving.[/QUOTE]

lol

This me outwardly----->:)

This is me inwardly----->:cautious:

[QUOTE=Dimitri_0515;3696227]Does she curse at every single person that's out there too?[/QUOTE]

She speeds, she curses, she talks on the cell, she is a maniac.

[QUOTE=32green;3696229]lol

This me outwardly----->:)

This is me inwardly----->:cautious:[/QUOTE]

LOL

I have reached the point where I have my seat belt on and my head between my knees so I can kiss my a$$ good bye.

[QUOTE=MACPAC;3696233]She speeds, she curses, she talks on the cell, she is a maniac.[/QUOTE]

I keep telling her she's gonna get run off the road one day

[QUOTE=Dimitri_0515;3696239]I keep telling her she's gonna get run off the road one day[/QUOTE]

Most likely by my wife. :O

[QUOTE=MACPAC;3696246]Most likely by my wife. :O[/QUOTE]

Damn Chowds :mad:

Jets Insider VIP
    On my motorcycle my premise is that everyone is out to kill me.

I speed a tad and turn on red when I'm not supposed to. Other than that I follow the rules, and keep my rage to a minimum. Ironically, when I get most upset, is people who think they are being nice by deferring the right of way when they have it...it only causes confusion.

Ever since I had kids my driving has become slower, safer...
    which is a good thing, when I was younger I danced with death far too often...

Hall Of Fame
    road rager

When the light turns red do, I'll give you two seconds max before you get the horn

I don't want to see 20 yards between each car going through intersections

Nobody uses blinkers. Make me wait to make a turn only to have them turn before they get to me without a blinker.

I don't want anyone on my side of a double line, roads here are so wide there's no reason for that, it's not Europe.

Speaking of double lines, it is legal to pass on double lines in this state. Often done very stupidly, almost saw a car load of kids hit by a truck coming over a hill.

People here too polite. Everybody tries to be courteous at 4 way stops, letting each other go. Result is nobody goes until all four then go at the same time.

I let people cut in front of me when trying to get in traffic. I try to be polite but it's too maddening.
    Last edited by Timmy®; 08-24-2010 at 08:36 AM.