Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: UFC (MMA) vs Boxing

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

UFC (MMA) vs Boxing

Randy Couture's fight with James Toney is going to be amazing Saturday night.
    I don't follow boxing too much, and was wondering if Toney is always a crap talker or if he's feeling out of his element in the cage and is overcompensating that with talk.

Also, fellow Jersey-boy Frankie Edgar will whoop BJ again to stop everyone's whining that he's a weak champ

I can't take this Revis talk anymore and need something to take my mind off of it for awhile.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by msujetfan 89 View Post
    Randy Couture's fight with James Toney is going to be amazing Saturday night.
    I don't follow boxing too much, and was wondering if Toney is always a crap talker or if he's feeling out of his element in the cage and is overcompensating that with talk.

Also, fellow Jersey-boy Frankie Edgar will whoop BJ again to stop everyone's whining that he's a weak champ

I can't take this Revis talk anymore and need something to take my mind off of it for awhile.
    Toney has always been a big trash talker and he probably truly believes he'll win. Unfortunately for him, I really have a hard time believing he'll last very long against Couture. While it may be intriguing to you, it appears to be not much more than a publicity stunt by the UFC.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Toney is a tough, tough dude... but that's about all he has.

He doesn't stand much of a chance here unless he catches Randy with a lucky punch...

Don't see that happening, though...

Randy will lock him up, take him down and either ground and pound or submit him... it's not going to be much of fight imo.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    While, watching the countdown special I couldn't help but notice how Toney slurs his speech so badly that he needed subtitles. Meanwhile, 40+ year old Randy Couture speaks clear as day.

That proves a point that MMA is safer is than boxing despite some people's opinion that it's human cockfighting.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Randy is going to destroy him

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    What a sham of a fight and such a turnoff, Dana is a moron for booking this fight.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike D View Post
    What a sham of a fight and such a turnoff, Dana is a moron for booking this fight.
    +1. This kind of fight does nothing to help MMA.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    +1. This kind of fight does nothing to help MMA.
    Perhaps, but it does silence the theory that a boxer would defeat the MMA fighter in a no holds barred match. I don't think Toney even got a shot off.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Maury77 View Post
    Perhaps, but it does silence the theory that a boxer would defeat the MMA fighter in a no holds barred match. I don't think Toney even got a shot off.
    Yeah but I don't think he ever took this thing serious. Just a payday.