Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Even though it's the Hampur...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Even though it's the Hampur...

Maybe we should have SOME civility? Meaning--maybe SOME civilians should be off limits?

Apologies to Warfish if this is out of line.

Listen, I know I can be a dick as well as any of you--but my response to RV's thread was not meant with dickheadedness in mind--I was simply pointing out, somewhat tongue-in-cheek, that his "funny" clip--TO ME--wasn't funny. We've all done it--how many posters have said "I'll never get that 2 minutes of my life back". Not meant as a criticism of the poster, but of the thread content. Happens all the time in the Hampur--and we CAN'T just let it go by.

It's what we do. Maybe I should have used a smilie.

I've neither said nor received an unkind word with RV before. No history.

Just wondering--in the future--whether wives, parents and children should be off-limits for digs--because no matter how funny one may THINK they are--often times they are not. They become train wrecks.

In my case, my Mom lived an extremely long and full life and she went out on her terms, so RV's dig really didn't upset me personally.

Rather, I was put off by the thought that we need to resort to disparaging Moms or Dads or Wives or Children for the sake of a laugh.

Except, of course, if one brings said family member into the fray in jest.

Hey, I don't care, I don't think I'd ever mock someone's family, but that's just me. Didn't really bother me, just thinking maybe the humor and digs should be directed at the poster and not his family.

Want to call a Hampurite a dick? We can all take it, were big boys. No need to resort to family.

_

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    In all honesty, Vick's comments related to your family were way beyond the line. Has the guy been banned? If not, he should.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's not out of line Stokes, it's good advice.

But I am going to add to it.

While it is an excellent idea to keep posters relateds out of the discussion, it is also important to remember that for the vast majority, we really DON'T know each other. We're not real-life friends, we don't go by real-life names, and our history, our pain or glory, and the vast majority of our lives are not known by our fellow posters. Their bound to stumble over stuff we might be sensitive about, but they'd have no idea.

As such,

A. it's a good idea to treat lightly on potentially sensative stuff. Try and keep posters Moms, Dads, Gradpops, Kids, Goats, Hampsters and One-Armed-Patsy-Sex-Mules out of differences of opinion.

B. it's also important to remember that if someone does make an offhanded joke or comment or Yo Momma line, it's highly doubtful they are doing so to tweak your secret pain of a recent loss or issue. Sometimes a yo momma joke is just a yo momma joke.

It's important to alwsy give the other anonymous psudonym the benefit of the doubt when it comes to such things, going in both directions.

The Hampur is what it is because it's allowed more leeway than the Strip, for good cause. With that leeway comes for opportunity to offend or hurt your fellow fan. That means more personal responsabillity.

Remember guys, end of the day, the guy you insult, or the guy you think insulted you (but didn't mean to) is still you Brother-in-Jets-Green-Arms.

Save the anger for the Patsys, Phins and Bills Fans. And if you read something that bugs you, take that extra second to take a deep breath before you reply, and realize there was probably no harm intended, or only mild harm intended at worst.;) If you really feel somethign is out of bounds, tajke it to PM or take it to a Mod. Thats what we're here for.

Because the alternative is I have to just ban you all.

To the last man.

I'm talking Shaka Zulu type carnage, Custers last stand type stuff here.

Don't make me show you what kind of Power Shot I can take, kthxbi.
    Last edited by Warfish; 08-25-2010 at 06:24 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    lighten up, Francisco.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Borgoguy;3699942]In all honesty, Vick's comments related to your family were way beyond the line. Has the guy been banned? If not, he should.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. And let's stay off wives. Except yours...I'm on her like Revis on Ocho Cinco! :yes:

(I'm so sorry. I really just couldn't resist. I just couldn't. You put the ball on the tee man. Had to be done. :O )

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetstream23;3699957]Agreed. And let's stay off wives. Except yours...I'm on her like Revis on Ocho Cinco! :yes:

(I'm so sorry. I really just couldn't resist. I just couldn't. You put the ball on the tee man. Had to be done. :O )[/QUOTE]

LOL. Hey, find me a gorgeous 19-22 Asian female who will act as a concubine/caregiver and we'll talk.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JStokes;3699934]Maybe we should have SOME civility? [/QUOTE]

GFY

:alien:

But yeah, I hear you Stokes.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JStokes;3699934]Listen, I know I can be a dick
    _[/QUOTE]

Noooooooooooooooo :P

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    What I miss? :confused:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FF2®;3700162]What I miss? :confused:[/QUOTE]

Nice job, d-bag.

[url]http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=216462[/url]

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JStokes;3700168]Nice job, d-bag.

[url]http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=216462[/url][/QUOTE]

Say wuht now? :huh:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FF2®;3700185]Say wuht now? :huh:[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry, wrong link.

KEEP UP!

[url]http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=216488[/url]

_

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JStokes;3700194]I'm sorry, wrong link.

KEEP UP!

[url]http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=216488[/url]

_[/QUOTE]

Any newz on Revis? :confused:

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JStokes;3699934]Maybe we should have SOME civility? Meaning--maybe SOME civilians should be off limits?

Apologies to Warfish if this is out of line.

Listen, I know I can be a dick as well as any of you--but my response to RV's thread was not meant with dickheadedness in mind--I was simply pointing out, somewhat tongue-in-cheek, that his "funny" clip--TO ME--wasn't funny. We've all done it--how many posters have said "I'll never get that 2 minutes of my life back". Not meant as a criticism of the poster, but of the thread content. Happens all the time in the Hampur--and we CAN'T just let it go by.

It's what we do. Maybe I should have used a smilie.

I've neither said nor received an unkind word with RV before. No history.

Just wondering--in the future--whether wives, parents and children should be off-limits for digs--because no matter how funny one may THINK they are--often times they are not. They become train wrecks.

In my case, my Mom lived an extremely long and full life and she went out on her terms, so RV's dig really didn't upset me personally.

Rather, I was put off by the thought that we need to resort to disparaging Moms or Dads or Wives or Children for the sake of a laugh.

Except, of course, if one brings said family member into the fray in jest.

Hey, I don't care, I don't think I'd ever mock someone's family, but that's just me. Didn't really bother me, just thinking maybe the humor and digs should be directed at the poster and not his family.

Want to call a Hampurite a dick? We can all take it, were big boys. No need to resort to family.

_[/QUOTE]

Ghey.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    For the record, this thread is far worse than his OP in the other thread.

However, RV is a faggot.

No qualms about it.

**** him.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Revi$_I$l@nd;3700244]For the record, this thread is far worse than his OP in the other thread.

However, RV is a faggot.

No qualms about it.

**** him.[/QUOTE]

Whoa.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=pauliec;3700255]Whoa.[/QUOTE]

that's some good moderating

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Timmy®;3700261]that's some good moderating[/QUOTE]

the kid's pimp hand be strong.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Timmy®;3700261]that's some good moderating[/QUOTE]

My mod powers only work in the politics forum. Over here I'm like Aquaman on dry land.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=pauliec;3700267]My mod powers only work in the politics forum. Over here I'm like Aquaman on dry land.[/QUOTE]

:D