Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Santana vs Hughes in the 2nd half....no mention?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Santana vs Hughes in the 2nd half....no mention?

I don't hear any of Hughes' ball washers chirping these days...Santana again has one of the best ERA's in the NL...& don't count the Mets out just yet

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    predictably santana is being santana once again....but this team is painful to watch...and done for the year.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yankees obsession. Gotta love it.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    For the next 5 years, or however long Santana's contract is, Hughes>Santana.

Oh, and no mention of Pelfrey anymore? How much older is he than Hughes?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker134 View Post
    I don't hear any of Hughes' ball washers chirping these days...Santana again has one of the best ERA's in the NL...& don't count the Mets out just yet
    Just got back from washing his balls.

Ummm, congrats? Your best pitcher is pitching like he should, a stud in the second half. Our pitcher in his first full year as a starter has a decent ERA in the AL East.

I'll still take CC + Hughes over Santana

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker134 View Post
    Mets have to go 27-9 just to have a prayer of making the playoffs (90 Wins).

This is a team that have not won 3 in a row since the middle of June. I think you can just about count out the Mets

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Know why? Cuz Yankees fans couldn't care less about the Mess right now. Sorry to disappoint. We're too busy with a pennant race to be discussing silly comparisons like this one.

Hey Tuck don't you ever tire of being such a bitter and hateful sourpuss ?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    look, in all fairness Hughes has been pretty bad after that sick start he had...average ERA over 5 June/July/August. Pelfrey has been better to an extent in that he only had 1 really bad month (era over 10) but thats the NL east and not the AL east so cant compare the 2.

if i were a Yankee fan i would worry about this guy being an ace someday...but probably bank on him being a good middle of the rotation pitcher at worst.

As far as Santana goes...its painful watching him waste his last few years on a team that cant put together a few runs for him...crying ****ing shame...

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    No mention of the Mets' ace vs. the Yankees 3rd starter?

No. Why would there be?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Met57 View Post
    look, in all fairness Hughes has been pretty bad after that sick start he had...average ERA over 5 June/July/August. Pelfrey has been better to an extent in that he only had 1 really bad month (era over 10) but thats the NL east and not the AL east so cant compare the 2.

if i were a Yankee fan i would worry about this guy being an ace someday...but probably bank on him being a good middle of the rotation pitcher at worst.

As far as Santana goes...its painful watching him waste his last few years on a team that cant put together a few runs for him...crying ****ing shame...
    I agree.I see Hughes maxing out as a number 2 starter.But that's fine with me.We have our ace already.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pauliec View Post
    No mention of the Mets' ace vs. the Yankees 3rd starter?

No. Why would there be?
    haha Tucker comes out from hiding every month or two with a flaw about the Yanks, he is just a pathetic human. literally you are comparing a first year starter to a guy who is suppose to be the best in the league in a sh.itty league. good job Tucker, you lose again.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    WOW. Glad my baseball season did not come down to this

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gholstons Revenge View Post
    haha Tucker comes out from hiding every month or two with a flaw about the Yanks, he is just a pathetic human. literally you are comparing a first year starter to a guy who is suppose to be the best in the league in a sh.itty league. good job Tucker, you lose again.
    ****ty league?

Wainwright
    Halladay
    Hudson
    Latos
    Santana
    J.Johnson
    Jimenez
    Carpenter
    Kershaw
    Oswalt
    Lincecum
    Gallardo

just to name a few...

dont be ignorant...

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    1986 is HOW many years ago now ? LMAO

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tucker is a HOF caliber thread starter.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Santana is awesome
    Hughes will be fine.
    As will Pelfrey.
    This thread is dumb.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I dont know why anyone bothers to respond to a thread or post by Tucker or GR...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gqxluvx View Post
    I dont know why anyone bothers to respond to a thread or post by Tucker or GR...
    go METS!!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chirorob View Post

I'll still take CC + Hughes over Santana
    That's the way I look at it. They don't get CC if they got Santana. CC was the ace of the staff that won the World Series in his first year in Pinstripes, pitching to a tune of a 1.98 in the playoffs. Hughes was a pivotal part of a bullpen that was struggling mightily until his transition to the bullpen.

Would the Yankees have won the World Series with Santana instead of Sabathia and Hughes? It's a good possibility... can't guarantee it though... One thing I do know is that the Yankees DID win the World Series with Sabathia + Hughes. And the World Series is what the Yankees play for; good statistics are a bonus.
    Last edited by rep; 08-27-2010 at 06:56 PM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rep View Post
    That's the way I look at it. They don't get CC if they got Santana. CC was the ace of the staff that won the World Series in his first year in Pinstripes, pitching to a tune of a 1.98 in the playoffs. Hughes was a pivotal part of a bullpen that was struggling mightily until his transition to the bullpen.

Would the Yankees have won the World Series with Santana instead of Sabathia and Hughes? It's a good possibility... can't guarantee it though... One thing I do know is that the Yankees DID win the World Series with Sabathia + Hughes. And the World Series is what the Yankees play for; good statistics are a bonus.
    you think Hughes was reliable out of the pen late in the playoffs last year? It was the starters and a prayer they could get to Rivera...if not giving Mo more than a 1 inning save. Hughes was good for the first 2 months of this season, & has cascaded downhill ever since. He's young but looks washed up