Thread: Trade Advice

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Trade Advice

I'm fairly new to fantasy and although I feel my knowledge of the sport will get me by, I'm looking for help on a trade proposal. It's a PPR league and each team has two owners. It's 10 teams and each week you start 2 backs and 3 receivers. We had our live draft last weekend. Anyway, the team who had Sidney Rice is now desperately seeking a WR due to his injury. He has offered us Jamaal Charles for Percy Harvin. As much as I like Charles, I have a hard time parting ways with Harvin, especially now that Sidney Rice is out for quite a while. I'm leaning towards saying no to the trade, while my teammate is leaning towards yes. I'll post my RB's and WR's below. Do you think I should make this trade? Thanks for any input in advance.

RB's:

De'Angelo Williams
    Beanie Wells
    Jonathan Stewart
    Arian Foster

WR's:

Calvin Johnson
    Greg Jennings
    Percy Harvin
    Johnny Knox
    Malcom Floyd

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Grab Jamaal Charles and dont look back..

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gqxluvx View Post
    Grab Jamaal Charles and dont look back..
    Thanks. My teammate has been playing fantasy longer and is saying the same thing so this is helping me change my mind.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DevsJetsYanks88 View Post
    I'm fairly new to fantasy and although I feel my knowledge of the sport will get me by, I'm looking for help on a trade proposal. It's a PPR league and each team has two owners. It's 10 teams and each week you start 2 backs and 3 receivers. We had our live draft last weekend. Anyway, the team who had Sidney Rice is now desperately seeking a WR due to his injury. He has offered us Jamaal Charles for Percy Harvin. As much as I like Charles, I have a hard time parting ways with Harvin, especially now that Sidney Rice is out for quite a while. I'm leaning towards saying no to the trade, while my teammate is leaning towards yes. I'll post my RB's and WR's below. Do you think I should make this trade? Thanks for any input in advance.

RB's:

De'Angelo Williams
    Beanie Wells
    Jonathan Stewart
    Arian Foster

WR's:

Calvin Johnson
    Greg Jennings
    Percy Harvin
    Johnny Knox
    Malcom Floyd
    Tough call. Harvin's value has shot up and I don't love your backs. If V. Jackson was not gonna suit up for the Chargers I would say pull the trigger. Since he is desperate ask him to include another receiver and you throw in a garbage back. I would lean toward yes, but a tough call

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BRONX JET View Post
    Tough call. Harvin's value has shot up and I don't love your backs. If V. Jackson was not gonna suit up or the Chargers I would say pull the trigger. Since he is desperate ask him to include another receiver and you throw in a garbage back. I would lean toward yes, but a tough call
    Thanks for the help. I'm not in love with my backs either, but I just feel like Harvin is going to put up some numbers this season. The thing is his receiving corps is so depleted that there's no one desirable I would want in return. After Reggie Wayne, he has absolute garbage. I believe he has Steve Breaston, Jabar Gaffney, and Vincent Jackson.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Harvin missed time for migraines..he is one big hit away from getting those again or worse a concussion...I am high on Charles..this guy put up 1100 yards on a bad team and wasnt the started until 6 games into the season..I think he will have a good year..

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gqxluvx View Post
    Harvin missed time for migraines..he is one big hit away from getting those again or worse a concussion...I am high on Charles..this guy put up 1100 yards on a bad team and wasnt the started until 6 games into the season..I think he will have a good year..
    True and he also caught around 40 balls out of the backfield. Very tough call.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Plus your receivers look to be solid with megatron, jennings, floyd and knox..

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    yeah, do it before he reconsiders

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the advice fellas, appreciate it.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    10 team league = all star team

lol

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    yeah your running game is suspect i would do that its actually a steal. you got two rb from the same team a rookie n beanie wells and hes not gonna be good this year cause cardinals are gonna be behind every game all season they have to pass

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Charles for Harvin trade ended up falling through. He accepted another trade offer from someone else to address his wide receiver need.

I now have another offer on the table from a different team.

From me he wants:

Greg Jennings
    Beanie Wells

He's willing to give up:

Rashard Mendenhall
    Mike Wallace/Pierre Garcon

I'm having a hard time coming to a decision on this one. Any thoughts?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DevsJetsYanks88 View Post
    The Charles for Harvin trade ended up falling through. He accepted another trade offer from someone else to address his wide receiver need.

I now have another offer on the table from a different team.

From me he wants:

Greg Jennings
    Beanie Wells

He's willing to give up:

Rashard Mendenhall
    Mike Wallace/Pierre Garcon

I'm having a hard time coming to a decision on this one. Any thoughts?
    Very tough call. I would keep Jenning and Wells. What makes this such a tough call is that I think out of all those players Mendenhall is the best and I think Garcon is going to be a decent fantasy WR.

However, the Cards are going to run the ball alot this year plus Jennings is the better fantasy WR and like you mentioned you're in a PPR league.