Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526

Thread: THE OFFICIAL NY JETS vs. WASHINGTON REDSKINS PS GAME #3 DISCUSSION THREAD

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=KingofNY;3704354]Our line has been terrible and that has definitely hurt our offense and Sanchez' ability to get the ball off in time and accurately...That being said I think Sanchez would be a pro-bowl QB on a team like the Saints. I firmly believe any QB you put in this offense will get similar numbers based on the playcalling. [B]Even Farve couldn't succeed in Shotty's system[/B].[/QUOTE]

WOW! Thanks for playing....The Jets were 8-3 and everyone proclaiming them going to the SB until Favre hurt his arm...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=C Mart;3704343]it's kind of funny. everyone loves rex, and rightfully so, so if Schotty is that bad why hasn't rex canned his ass?[/QUOTE]

I have no clue, that is a great question. He and everyone else knew how bad our passing game has been over the years. That is why everyone had such high hopes for us this season because of all the high profile talent we brought in. I mean if we can't throw the ball for at least 250 yds a game with 3 pro-bowl caliber receivers, a bad ass tight end, and great running backs, then something is wrong and I don't think that all falls on Sanchez' back regardless if our line slips every now and again or if he throws a pick or 2.

Name a year in which shotty coached the Jets that we actually had a decent passing year?
    Last edited by KingofNY; 08-27-2010 at 10:56 PM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=C Mart;3704363]WOW! Thanks for playing....The Jets were 8-3 and everyone proclaiming them going to the SB until Favre hurt his arm...[/QUOTE]

Was he hurt? Farve always has an injury, he just uses that for an excuse when he plays bad... You should know that by now. Watch, if he starts playing bad this season, he will fall back on his injuries just like always.

I don't know about you but I wouldn't call Farve's season with the Jets a good year, injuries or not.
    Last edited by KingofNY; 08-27-2010 at 11:09 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=KingofNY;3704354]Our line has been terrible and that has definitely hurt our offense and Sanchez' ability to get the ball off in time and accurately...That being said I think Sanchez would be a pro-bowl QB on a team like the Saints. I firmly believe any QB you put in this offense will get similar numbers based on the playcalling. Even Farve couldn't succeed in Shotty's system.[/QUOTE]

whatta ya mean??? going to empty backfield with Connor and Greene spread out wide on 3rd down isn't a good move? lol

Remember on the first drive when he went playaction on first down and the pass was completed to Braylon? That was cool... too bad it was the only time we threw on first down.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Classic Schottenheimer:

Sanchez hits Braylon on a SLANT for about 15 or so yards to open the game for the Jets. I didn't see any more quick slants over the middle for the rest of the game.

Oh well, I hope it's just the typical "vanilla preseason (:rolleyes:)" playcalling.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=C Mart;3704356]then why would you want to pass it 3 straight times or run long routes and run the risk of getting your QB killed and out before the real games start??[/QUOTE]

Just to change up the playcalling. Teams already know what were running as soon as we line up and they see our formation. That's why those damn WR screen never work for us. They have their corners bump n run. That's also why they are confident to leave 8 in the box regardless of the great wideout's we have. Shotty is great at creating good running plays and occasional passing trick plays, but other than that his offensive schemes suck.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SackDancer99;3704386]whatta ya mean??? going to empty backfield with Connor and Greene spread out wide on 3rd down isn't a good move? lol

Remember on the first drive when he went playaction on first down and the pass was completed to Braylon? That was cool... too bad it was the only time we threw on first down.[/QUOTE]

LOL, I wanted to throw my remote at the TV when Connor lined up at wideout. I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks Shotty's playcalling has been suspect. He def needs to draw up some new plays that involve our receivers catching the ball more than 2 yards past the line of scrimmage. We need many more quick slants, go-routes, and WR crosses, and true RB screen passes to slow down the other teams blitzes.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=KingofNY;3704426]LOL, I wanted to throw my remote at the TV when Connor lined up at wideout. I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks Shotty's playcalling has been suspect. He def needs to draw up some new plays that involve our receivers catching the ball more than 2 yards past the line of scrimmage. We need many more quick slants, go-routes, and WR crosses, and true RB screen passes to slow down the other teams blitzes.[/QUOTE]

haha... I just watched the game again and they actually scored the TD on that play with Conner motioning out to empty backfield!

Slauson looks good. Those of you that keep calling for a new LG are off base. Ducasse isn't ready to play with the 1s, but Slauson is doing a great job in both run and pass blocking.

Other than the INT, Sanchez didn't look that bad. The main issues were the breakdowns in pass protection, which was mostly Dbrick and Woody. None of the sacks or pressures were on Slauson.

Running game looked nasty. I think we will be fine when it's all said and done. I am a little worried about Pace going down for a few weeks, but at least we have Taylor. Might hurt our run defense a bit.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SackDancer99;3704601]haha... I just watched the game again and they actually scored the TD on that play with Conner motioning out to empty backfield!

Slauson looks good. Those of you that keep calling for a new LG are off base. Ducasse isn't ready to play with the 1s, but Slauson is doing a great job in both run and pass blocking.

Other than the INT, Sanchez didn't look that bad. The main issues were the breakdowns in pass protection, which was mostly Dbrick and Woody. None of the sacks or pressures were on Slauson.

Running game looked nasty. I think we will be fine when it's all said and done. I am a little worried about Pace going down for a few weeks, but at least we have Taylor. Might hurt our run defense a bit.[/QUOTE]

you mean you actually took the time to go back and review the game tape. What a novel idea:)
    And low and behold what did he find??? Sanchez had no pass protection, hmm? Hard to be effective when you have no time. and yes the pick was disgusting, guess what there will be more in his career.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=NYJ37/12;3704920]you mean you actually took the time to go back and review the game tape. What a novel idea:)
    And low and behold what did he find??? Sanchez had no pass protection, hmm? Hard to be effective when you have no time. and yes the pick was disgusting, guess what there will be more in his career.[/QUOTE]

More disgusting picks in his career? Yeah well that is a problem then isn't it. It all comes down the offense's performance in the 3 games so far. Pretty lousy overall and it doesn't matter who we point the finger at game to game or play to play if this team avgs 12 points a game and turns it over a couple of times a game in bad spots we are going no where at all.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Beerfish;3704929]More disgusting picks in his career? Yeah well that is a problem then isn't it. It all comes down the offense's performance in the 3 games so far. Pretty lousy overall and it doesn't matter who we point the finger at game to game or play to play [B]if this team avgs 12 points a game[/B] and turns it over a couple of times a game in bad spots we are going no where at all.[/QUOTE]

Does the offense have work to do? Absolutely!

But let's see, the 1st team offense in 12 quarters of preseason has played approx 6 of those quarters...

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like

LET ME START BY SAYING THIS is PRESEASON.

16-11, key is the 16. Washington had one of the best Defenses last year, and Grossman has way more experience than Sanchez, the Redskins are from the toughest division in football. Nothing has changed here from day 1, Second year Qb coupled with a couple of inexperienced linemen is a challenge. Like I said from day 1, barring any miracles, this could be at least another 2 to 3 year grind, so get used to it.
    Last edited by Apache 51; 08-28-2010 at 11:03 AM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=MCBNY;3704402]Classic Schottenheimer:

Sanchez hits Braylon on a SLANT for about 15 or so yards to open the game for the Jets. I didn't see any more quick slants over the middle for the rest of the game.

Oh well, I hope it's just the typical "vanilla preseason (:rolleyes:)" playcalling.[/QUOTE]

Schotty operates the offense like he has a list of plays on his chart that he gleefully checks off after each run. "Okay, slant route to Edwards...check. Next, shotgun handoff to Greene. If we get a first down on this drive, I'll be able to meet my goal of running all the plays on my list. Yeah!"

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Borgoguy;3704956]Schotty operates the offense like he has a list of plays on his chart that he gleefully checks off after each run. "Okay, slant route to Edwards...check. Next, shotgun handoff to Greene. If we get a first down on this drive, I'll be able to meet my goal of running all the plays on my list. Yeah!"[/QUOTE]

I tend to agree with that observation, although I cut Schott more slack than most critical fans. But your point is well taken. Schott does not seem to alter what he does based on the success or failure of what has been working or not working throughout the game. The slant to Edwards is a fine example. He doesn't seem to learn from what the defense is yielding and he doesn't seem to set up a series of plays to take advantage of the opposition's weaknesses. It really does seem like a rolling list of random plays at times.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Dcat;3704964]I tend to agree with that observation, although I cut Schott more slack than most critical fans. But your point is well taken. Schott does not seem to alter what he does based on the success or failure of what has been working or not working throughout the game. The slant to Edwards is a fine example. He doesn't seem to learn from what the defense is yielding and he doesn't seem to set up a series of plays to take advantage of the opposition's weaknesses. It really does seem like a rolling list of random plays at times.[/QUOTE]

How many running backs like Thermal or Emmit have we watched over the years get hot and run play after play. In Schotty's scheme, that's almost never allowed to happen. If Greene runs for a big gainer, you can bet that he'll be out the next play. It's just the way Schotty does things: In a robotic way rather than by individual game feel.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Borgoguy;3704972]How many running backs like Thermal or Emmit have we watched over the years get hot and run play after play. In Schotty's scheme, that's almost never allowed to happen. If Greene runs for a big gainer, you can bet that he'll be out the next play. It's just the way Schotty does things: In a robotic way rather than by individual game feel.[/QUOTE]

I can't recall exactly, I think it was the 3rd quarter, on their 28, here is where I don't like some calls, he has Sanchez throw out into the flat, almost pick 6. Run a play north and south, and at the very least get closer for your kicker. Thats funny, I just got up and saw a replay of Sanchez throwing a pick six, not in the flat but over to his right again into double coverage. Missed that,my wife and I must have been getting Stellas at $20 a round. Mistakes, and finding players= preseason.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Apache 51;3704997]I can't recall exactly, I think it was the 3rd quarter, on their 28, here is where I don't like some calls, he has Sanchez throw out into the flat, almost pick 6. Run a play north and south, and at the very least get closer for your kicker. Thats funny, I just got up and saw a replay of Sanchez throwing a pick six, not in the flat but over to his right again into double coverage. Missed that,my wife and I must have been getting Stellas at $20 a round. [B]Mistakes, and finding players= preseason.[/B][/QUOTE]

Totally agree. My comments related to Schotty are from watching his patterns over his tenure as OC. Hope the beers were frosty.