Thread: Don't F*** With David Lee Roth.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't F*** With David Lee Roth.

He will f*** your girlfriend and drink all your whiskey with his midget friend.

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fbv66m4geus&feature=player_embedded#[/url]!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Um ok he and Bret Michaels would be a great team.
    How either of them were thought to be musicians is beyond me.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JI;3707679]Um ok he and Bret Michaels would be a great team.
    How either of them were thought to be musicians is beyond me.[/QUOTE]

David and Van Halen rocked late 70's early 80's - Bret Michaels is a panty waist.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Van Halen vs. Poison? You are kidding right? Van Halen's 1st record was incredible. Poison was a bad joke in the 80's.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cr726;3707962]Van Halen vs. Poison? You are kidding right? Van Halen's 1st record was incredible. Poison was a bad joke in the 80's.[/QUOTE]

Thank you! Well said.:yes:

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Gotta be a young buck to make that statement. DLR era Van Halen might be the greatest American rock band ever.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    The banter is the best part.

Was working stage once (only time I've seen him) about 5 years ago and he started talking to this YOUNG girl (13-16) near the front of the crowd...

He said something dirty and was like "Hey little girl! You wanna come have a drink with David Lee Roth?!?"
    It was funny as hell.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Best karaoke song: I am just a gigolo.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jet22dan;3708009]Gotta be a young buck to make that statement. DLR era Van Halen might be the greatest American rock band ever.[/QUOTE]

The problem is that Roth took a severe (idiotic IMO) artistic left turn and became a cartoonish, rock 'n' roll buffoon. In their prime, with Dave as one of the quintessential frontmen of the late 70s and early 80s, no band rocked harder than Van Halen. In 1978, as an unknown band from California, they opened for Black Sabbath and blew them off the stage every night. These were the days when VH would perform wearing jeans and t-shirts, and with virtually no stage show.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Borgoguy;3708207]The problem is that Roth took a severe (idiotic IMO) artistic left turn and became a cartoonish, rock 'n' roll buffoon. In their prime, with Dave as one of the quintessential frontmen of the late 70s and early 80s, no band rocked harder than Van Halen. In 1978, as an unknown band from California, they opened for Black Sabbath and blew them off the stage every night. These were the days when VH would perform wearing jeans and t-shirts, and with virtually no stage show.[/QUOTE]

Eddie and Dave both took turns....Eddie's was down a darker road though.:eek:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Surprised no one mentioned it but I heard Roth is being given yet another chance and they are currently in the studio recording songs.

This is great news as I can't remember the last Rock and Roll band that was worth a sh-t.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Pac2566;3708302]Surprised no one mentioned it but I heard Roth is being given yet another chance and they are currently in the studio recording songs.

This is great news as I can't remember the last Rock and Roll band that was worth a sh-t.[/QUOTE]

At this point, any effort from Dave, Eddie, and Alex (Do I even mention Wolfgang?) will be a disappointment IMO. Their creative peak was achieved over 30 years ago. Have you heard Dave's "vocals" lately? Hopefully not.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Borgoguy;3708312]At this point, any effort from Dave, Eddie, and Alex (Do I even mention Wolfgang?) will be a disappointment IMO. Their creative peak was achieved over 30 years ago. Have you heard Dave's "vocals" lately? Hopefully not.[/QUOTE]

Admittedly no but I'm optimisic. I listen to a 80's station here and have to crank it up and sing along whenever a VH song comes on.

Compared to the Stones, Who, and Aerosmith they are still pups.

Wolfie will be fine... he's had a great mentor.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Pac2566;3708344]Admittedly no but I'm optimisic. I listen to a 80's station here and[B] have to crank it up and sing along whenever a VH song comes on.[/B]

Compared to the Stones, Who, and Aerosmith they are still pups.

Wolfie will be fine... he's had a great mentor.[/QUOTE]

Hey, don't get me wrong, Pac. VH is one of my all time favorite groups. I dropped out after the debacle ("album") with gary Cherone.

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQ8jCQSWndA[/url]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Borgoguy;3708312] Their creative peak was achieved over 30 years ago. Have you heard Dave's "vocals" lately? Hopefully not.[/QUOTE]

Maybe one or two good songs since Women and Children First.

The Michael Anthony/Eddie Van Halen combo back-up vocals were
    a huge part of VH.

Eddie was turning out crap like Jump when he was still near his peak.

And the biggest problem, Dave could never sing without filters and I imagine countless re-takes. He's much worse now.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Timmy®;3708357]Maybe one or two good songs since Women and Children First.

The Michael Anthony/Eddie Van Halen combo back-up vocals were
    a huge part of VH.

Eddie was turning out crap like Jump when he was still near his peak.

And the biggest problem, [B]Dave could never sing without filters and I imagine countless re-takes.[/B] He's much worse now.[/QUOTE]

Just like Vince Neil, this rough edge to Dave's vocals is what made VH a hot club band. Once Roth had to go out on major tours, and sing every night, his weak vocal ability really became apparent. Most of the time, he was talk singing through their set. Now, his singing is completely unlistenable. Of course, they'll use every vocal compressor/pitch modulator available to make him sound passable.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Borgoguy;3708207]The problem is that Roth took a severe (idiotic IMO) artistic left turn and became a cartoonish, rock 'n' roll buffoon. In their prime, with Dave as one of the quintessential frontmen of the late 70s and early 80s, no band rocked harder than Van Halen. In 1978, as an unknown band from California, they opened for Black Sabbath and blew them off the stage every night. These were the days when VH would perform wearing jeans and t-shirts, and with virtually no stage show.[/QUOTE]

+1

VH used to be so damn good. They were idiots to break up in the first place. Both sides ultimately completely humiliated themselves.

DLR became as you said "a cartoonish, rock 'n' roll buffoon".
    [IMG]http://images.starpulse.com/Photos/pv/David%20Lee%20Roth-2.JPG[/IMG]

And this??? Pathetic.

[IMG]http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2010/0315/page2_g_gcvhts_576.jpg[/IMG]

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Pac2566;3708302]Surprised no one mentioned it but I heard Roth is being given yet another chance and they are currently in the studio recording songs.

This is great news as I can't remember the last Rock and Roll band that was worth a sh-t.[/QUOTE]

I will file this under "I'll believe it when I see it" And while I am not expecting much it cannot be any worse than the rest of the crap that passes for music today.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Don't F with David Lee Roth. He might make you listen to 2 minutes of that morning show he did for 92.3 FM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=petejet;3708486]I will file this under "I'll believe it when I see it" And while I am not expecting much it cannot be any worse than the rest of the crap that passes for music today.[/QUOTE]

It's on bro, they're coming back to kick ass!! maybe.

[url]http://www.kansascity.com/2010/08/09/2137739/billboard-van-halen-to-tour-release.html[/url]

[B][SIZE="3"]Billboard: Van Halen to tour, release album in 2011[/SIZE][/B]

Welcome news for Van Halen fans: The clearest signs that an album and tour are in the works for next year have emerged.

While the webosphere has bantered rumors and various reports about a possible album with original frontman David Lee Roth since last year, a recent release announcing a re-upped deal between publisher Warner/Chappell and Eddie and Alex Van Halen stated that the band "is currently in the studio recording an album with Roth that is due for release in 2011."

Meanwhile, Van Halen manager and Live Nation Entertainment executive chairman Irivng Azoff mentioned on a conference call last month and an earning's call last night that Van Halen was expected to tour next year. That's good news for Live Nation as a disappointing 2010 season is hitting the touring giant's earnings. Van Halen's 2008 reunion tour with Roth was a massive success. It raked in a total gross of more than $93 million and close to one million in attendance from 74 shows, according to Billboard Boxscore.

A new Van Halen album would be the band's first studio album since 1998's "Van Halen III," which featured vocals by Gary Cherone, and the first with Roth since 1983's "1984," one of the band's best-selling albums.