Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Compare garbage post Glenn Beck rally vs Inauguration...

Compare garbage post Glenn Beck rally vs Inauguration...

[url]http://goodsensepolitics.blogspot.com/2010/08/compare-garbage-after-glenn-beck-rally.html[/url]

I find this VERY telling....

Veteran
    [QUOTE=Tucker134;3707375][url]http://goodsensepolitics.blogspot.com/2010/08/compare-garbage-after-glenn-beck-rally.html[/url]

I find this VERY telling....[/QUOTE]

What does it tell you?

[QUOTE=Sharrow;3707396]What does it tell you?[/QUOTE]

Liberals are pigs...

JetsInsider.com Legend

Tell me that the "Pro-Environment, Anti-Global Change Climate Warming" folks are just as much of gasbag hypocrites as any other group.

You reach a point where the "do as I demand, not as I do" mantra wears thin.

1) that the glenn beck rally was held in the summer, when there's grass on the Lawn;

2) that an event 1/3 the size of the inauguration is likely to leave less garbage

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=doggin94it;3707411]

2) that an event 1/3 the size of the inauguration is likely to leave less garbage[/QUOTE]

what does this have to do with anything?? if there were three times as many people at the inauguration that means there were three times as many people, people who scream and yell about polluting the environment, on hand to help clean up- wouldn't it??

btw- this is the norm; environment loving leftists leaving their protest area looking like a garbage dump...two minutes of research will tell you as much or you can take it from me who has attended protests on both sides...if you remember they went as far as throwing American flags in the garbage during the DNC in Denver- i guess you can give them credit for somewhat cleaning it up...
    Last edited by Come Back to NY; 08-30-2010 at 03:33 PM.

Veteran
    Was the Glenn Beck rally an all day event?

Veteran
    [QUOTE=Warfish;3707406]Tell me that the "Pro-Environment, Anti-Global Change Climate Warming" folks are just as much of gasbag hypocrites as any other group.

You reach a point where the "do as I demand, not as I do" mantra wears thin.[/QUOTE]

That's how most people are in my experience, unfortunately. They want something to change, but they're not willing to start that change with themselves.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    [QUOTE=Sharrow;3707490]That's how most people are in my experience, unfortunately. They want something to change, but they're not willing to start that change with themselves.[/QUOTE]

I agree, to a point.

I would say instead:

They want OTHERS to change/pay/sacrifice, so they themselves do not have to.

[QUOTE=Come Back to NY;3707442]what does this have to do with anything?? if there were three times as many people at the inauguration that means there were three times as many people, people who scream and yell about polluting the environment, on hand to help clean up- wouldn't it??

[/QUOTE]

I would guess (from my own personal experience, and nothing more comprehensive or scientific than that) that there are roughly proportionate number of slobs all across the political spectrum; 3 times as many people means 3 times as many slobs and 3 times as much garbage.

[QUOTE=doggin94it;3707821]I would guess (from my own personal experience, and nothing more comprehensive or scientific than that) that there are roughly proportionate number of slobs all across the political spectrum; 3 times as many people means 3 times as many slobs and 3 times as much garbage.[/QUOTE]

disagree- look at the people who were at the Glenn Beck rally- Patriots, families, TAXPAYERS vs the recipients of Federal Aid...which let's be honest here....make up an awful lot of the Obama supporters. There was a disproportionate number of blacks at his inauguration bc they wanted to witness the first black (well, half black) President sworn in....and they left a huge mess- you can look at any low income housing project along the FDR on your way up to Westchester & see all the garbage they throw out their windows...

ok, you can start calling me a racist now- but you can't say i'm wrong.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Tucker134;3708145]disagree- look at the people who were at the Glenn Beck rally- Patriots, families, TAXPAYERS vs the recipients of Federal Aid...which let's be honest here....make up an awful lot of the Obama supporters. There was a disproportionate number of blacks at his inauguration bc they wanted to witness the first black (well, half black) President sworn in....and they left a huge mess- you can look at any low income housing project along the FDR on your way up to Westchester & see all the garbage they throw out their windows...

ok, you can start calling me a racist now- but you can't say i'm wrong.[/QUOTE]

If Glenn Beck would drop all the "religious right ninsense" he might actually gain some real traction.

I am a fiscal conservative but he turns me off with all the "God this..God that stuff".

[QUOTE=southparkcpa;3708185]If Glenn Beck would drop all the "religious right ninsense" he might actually gain some real traction.

I am a fiscal conservative but he turns me off with all the "God this..God that stuff".[/QUOTE]

I hear you, but that's who he is....a devout Mormon- the size of that crowd surprised everyone I think...especially the White House. Hundreds of thousands of people turning out on the national mall to see a Glenn Beck religious revival of sorts is very bad news for Obama

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Tucker134;3708231]I hear you, but that's who he is....[B]a devout [/B][B]Moron[/B]- the size of that crowd surprised everyone I think...especially the White House. Hundreds of thousands of people turning out on the national mall to see a Glenn Beck religious revival of sorts is very bad news for Obama[/QUOTE]

Fixed

[QUOTE=brady's a catcher;3708246]Fixed[/QUOTE]

so you changed the word Mormon to Moron??? Dude you're the sh*t! How do you come up with this material??! you need to take your show on the road...you can bring all your scruffy cats with you

JetsInsider.com Legend
    [QUOTE=doggin94it;3707821]I would guess (from my own personal experience, and nothing more comprehensive or scientific than that) that there are roughly proportionate number of slobs all across the political spectrum; 3 times as many people means 3 times as many slobs and 3 times as much garbage.[/QUOTE]

I disagree.

People who feel an "ownership" over things tend to be more protective, less desructive of them. Older, taxpaying folks will inherantly be more responsible than younger, tax neutral/tax recipient folks.

It is my view/experience that "right leaners" who attend rally/protest events are generally older, better off fiscally, more apt to attend with an entire Family (including young children) and hence are better behaved (less agrresive, less violent), more responsible and less "slobish" in their gatherings than their equivalent "left leaning" gathering attenders.

Conversely, "left leaning" event attenders are generally younger, angrier, less fically well off (generally), less likely to bring a family w/ young kids, and are often there to protest some (to them) great injustice. They alos are less likely to have an "ownership" or responsbile attitude for the results of their protest, i.e. trash/damage, seeing it (if they see it as all) as a mere minor side effect of their rightious protest against whatever. They also tend to come froma "State Pays for All" mindset, meaning cleanup is naturally somethign they aren't responsible for anyway, and hence they are less responsible in their actions.

The "Protst/rally" attitudes are clearly very different in teh U.S. between right and left. Hell, until recently, there realy was no "protest" mindset in the general righty populance, outside the fringe "Pro Life" righties.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Warfish;3708349]I disagree.

People who feel an "ownership" over things tend to be more protective, less desructive of them. Older, taxpaying folks will inherantly be more responsible than younger, tax neutral/tax recipient folks.

It is my view/experience that "right leaners" who attend rally/protest events are generally older, better off fiscally, more apt to attend with an entire Family (including young children) and hence are better behaved (less agrresive, less violent), more responsible and less "slobish" in their gatherings than their equivalent "left leaning" gathering attenders.

Conversely, "left leaning" event attenders are generally younger, angrier, less fically well off (generally), less likely to bring a family w/ young kids, and are often there to protest some (to them) great injustice. They alos are less likely to have an "ownership" or responsbile attitude for the results of their protest, i.e. trash/damage, seeing it (if they see it as all) as a mere minor side effect of their rightious protest against whatever. They also tend to come froma "State Pays for All" mindset, meaning cleanup is naturally somethign they aren't responsible for anyway, and hence they are less responsible in their actions.

The "Protst/rally" attitudes are clearly very different in teh U.S. between right and left. Hell, until recently, there realy was no "protest" mindset in the general righty populance, outside the fringe "Pro Life" righties.[/QUOTE]

Well put. :applause:

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Warfish;3707406]Tell me that the "Pro-Environment, Anti-Global Change Climate Warming" folks are just as much of gasbag hypocrites as any other group.

[B]You reach a point where the "do as I demand, not as I do" mantra wears thin[/B].[/QUOTE]
    so spot on it's scary

[IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b224/indiyoartist/from%204chan/clap.gif[/IMG]

All League
    [QUOTE=doggin94it;3707411]1) that the glenn beck rally was held in the summer, when there's grass on the Lawn;

2) that an event 1/3 the size of the inauguration is likely to leave less garbage[/QUOTE]

You are such a pathetic dog of a liberal excuse maker. Typical ambulance chaser....did you see the pics? Nobody said anything about the grass, just the REFUSE left behind by the obama drones. As for the numbers, is THAT the big progressive talking point now?

"But, but, he ONLY drew 500,000. The Inauguration of the Chosen, er President, drew MORE!"

All League
    [QUOTE=southparkcpa;3708185]If Glenn Beck would drop all the "religious right ninsense" he might actually gain some real traction.

I am a [B]fiscal conservative [/B]but he turns me off with all the "God this..God that stuff".[/QUOTE]

Agree 100%. "God helps those who help themselves" pretty much sums up my religious beliefs. Hearing that the US needs to "turn back to god" is just a bunch of meaningless babble to me.