Thread: Polamalu's hair insured for $1,000,000

Hall Of Fame
    home of the hot guy in my avatar.. oh baby!
    Post Thanks / Like

Polamalu's hair insured for $1,000,000

Shampoo brand Head & Shoulders announced today that it is taking out a $1 million insurance policy on Steelers safety Troy Polamalu's trademark hair.

Polamalu is a spokesman for the brand.

"Head & Shoulders has gone above and beyond this year by insuring my Samoan locks for a cool $1 million," Polamalu said in a news release from the company.

"In developing this unique policy, we recognize that Troy Polamalu's famed head of hair is truly legendary and we are proud to partner with head & shoulders to protect it," said Jonathan Thomas of Watkins Syndicate at Lloyd's of London.

Read more: [URL="http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10242/1083769-66.stm?cmpid=steelers.xml#ixzz0y7nvkts6"]http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10242...#ixzz0y7nvkts6[/URL]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=BigBensAngel7;3707655]Shampoo brand Head & Shoulders announced today that it is taking out a $1 million insurance policy on Steelers safety Troy Polamalu's trademark hair.

Polamalu is a spokesman for the brand.

"Head & Shoulders has gone above and beyond this year by insuring my Samoan locks for a cool $1 million," Polamalu said in a news release from the company.

"In developing this unique policy, we recognize that Troy Polamalu's famed head of hair is truly legendary and we are proud to partner with head & shoulders to protect it," said Jonathan Thomas of Watkins Syndicate at Lloyd's of London.

Read more: [URL="http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10242/1083769-66.stm?cmpid=steelers.xml#ixzz0y7nvkts6"]http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10242...#ixzz0y7nvkts6[/URL][/QUOTE]

Thank heavens they got that wrapped up before the reg season. It was beginning to be awkward between those 2 sides.:yes:

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Didn't Jennifer Lopez or Kim Kardasian insure her butt for $1M a few years ago? What a world we live in!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sooooo confirmation that Polamalu has dandruff eh?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetstream23;3707667]Didn't Jennifer Lopez or Kim Kardasian insure her butt for $1M a few years ago? What a world we live in![/QUOTE]
    i think it was jlo.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Uh Thanks.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    So his hair is worth more than Revis's contract this year.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Light it on fire

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    what is this doing in the Hamper?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    ***** I flow like Troy Polamalu's hair boy.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm pretty sure that in the contract it says that this contract is effective only if every single hair on his head is totally destroyed.

What are the odds of that..... absent an huge fiery explosion or errant meteor strike?

This is fluff. He might get tuft pulled out during a play, but there is no way this contract is enforeceable.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=32green;3708014]I'm pretty sure that in the contract it says that this contract is effective only if every single hair on his head is totally destroyed.

What are the odds of that..... absent an huge fiery explosion or errant meteor strike?

This is fluff. He might get tuft pulled out during a play, but there is no way this contract is enforeceable.[/QUOTE]

Would it be funny if someone drugged him and shaved his head and sold the hair to provide merkins to the homeless?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=32green;3708014]I'm pretty sure that in the contract it says that this contract is effective only if every single hair on his head is totally destroyed.

This is fluff. He might get tuft pulled out during a play, but there is no way this contract is enforeceable.[/QUOTE]

So... Publicity?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jets Things;3708018]Would it be funny if someone drugged him and shaved his head and sold the hair to provide merkins to the homeless?[/QUOTE]

lol, no.

The insurance co. would argue that he should have had sufficient security to prevent a drugging/shaving.

Like the rest of us have.

_

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Revi$_I$l@nd;3708021]So... Publicity?[/QUOTE]

Iffin he's dead, which is the only other time we would hear about this policy, what good would publicity do him?

This is about free shampoos and subsidizing his stable of whores with under the counter cash from recent Law school graduates as liasons.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE]
    I'm pretty sure that in the contract it says that this contract is effective only if every single hair on his head is totally destroyed.
    [/QUOTE]
    i think it says if 66% of his hair is destroyed then the policy would kick in..

however, as a steeler fan, i find this very stupid.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Beerfish;3707676]Sooooo confirmation that Polamalu has dandruff eh?[/QUOTE]
    I would think that it would be somewhat akin to a blizzard if he scratched his head.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    So. Incredibly. GAY.

The Steelers - lol. :D

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    troy said he hasnt had a haircut in 10yrs.....:eek:

[IMG]http://l1.yimg.com/a/i/ww/news/2010/08/31/troy-pd.jpg[/IMG]