Thread: The American--anyone else psyched to see this movie?

Hall Of Fame

The American--anyone else psyched to see this movie?

Other than a few misses, and notwithstanding his political leanings, I kind of like George Clooney films. This looks to be pretty good--a nice Labor Day weekend offereing.

Anyone?

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChQB0vpCQWw[/url]

JetsInsider.com Legend
    I'm going to go out on a limb, and guess that the titular "American" in the film is....wait for it....a bad guy/bad person/immoral killer.

Do I win?

All League
    I almost fell asleep during the commercial. Clooney is amazingly boring, as well as a tranparent phony.

[QUOTE=Jet_Engine1;3708962]I almost fell asleep during the commercial. Clooney is amazingly boring, as well as a tranparent phony.[/QUOTE]

So, you didn't like Up In The Air?

Too bad.

Was a great movie.

I'm excited for the movie. I really want to go see it, but there was a recent outbreak of bedbugs in the movie theater near my house.

[QUOTE=Revi$_I$l@nd;3709139]So, you didn't like Up In The Air?

Too bad.

Was a great movie.[/QUOTE]

Like that one...the bit part by Zach Galifianakis was freakin' hilarious.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=pauliec;3709159]I'm excited for the movie. I really want to go see it, but there was a recent outbreak of bedbugs in the movie theater near my house.[/QUOTE]

Ugh. Must be a real beaut.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Revi$_I$l@nd;3709139]So, you didn't like Up In The Air?

Too bad.

Was a great movie.[/QUOTE]

I had such low expectations for that movie, really wasn't excited about seeing it.

Wow, what a great, understated movie. And such a different part for him--not the brass, confident world-by-the-balls guy he usually plays. loved that movie.

I like Clooney, again, notwithstanding the politics. But transparent phony? Meh.

Btw, saw him in Bellagio in 2004 when they were filming Ocean's 12. What a freaking villa he has on Lake Como.

[QUOTE=pauliec;3709159]I'm excited for the movie. I really want to go see it, but there was a recent outbreak of bedbugs in the movie theater near my house.[/QUOTE]

Ok, that's just gross.

_